Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday THread: Rams vs Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 14?
Sam Bradford: 209 yards, 1 TD
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Brandon Gibson: 6 rec, 100 yards, 1 TD
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Steven Jackson: 64 yards, 1 TD
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Michael Brockers: 4 tackles, 1.5 Sacks, 1 FF
68%
 68%  [ 20 ]
Jo-Lunn Dunbar: 3 tackles, 1 INT
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/danny-amendola-beefs-usher-touchdown-spike-tries-later-005751608--nfl.html

We couldn't even get this right yesterday...

IDOG_det on the sig...
vikes22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game, your team has a pretty good future. Just wondering, are Rams fans satisfied with Bradford?
tim199009

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Ramsfan28 wrote:
RamsFan24 wrote:
I wonder why the Rams won't incorporate the hurry up or fast pace tempo type of offense more? Especially with how bad they have played and looked on offense in the first half of the last 5 games or so. Sam looks really comfortable and dominant in the fourth quarters of games when trying to come back with that hurry up offense. What do you guys think, because I feel that a change of pace and tempo could do the Rams good when they start off sluggish and sloppy.

I don't think it's so much of the hurry up offense producing results, it's one factor that I haven't been able to use to describe this offense in a very long time; They are finally making adjustments.

From what I heard today, the offense used a lot of plays that went "underneath" the defense, ie slip screens, passes to the RB, etc. Problem there is Minny's defense has seen that all year (hence why Greenway has so many tackles), henceforth that gameplan went to shreds as that aspect of their defense has been contested by offenses with much more success in that area.

Their defense was VERY on point today, and the talent was running on all cylinders, and the offense went into the game with a dysfunctional plan. During the later parts of the game, they finally opened up the playbook a little bit and threw some deep passes, fade routes, and attacked the secondary rather than avoiding it. Honestly, I think a lot of the latter success of the team has also been opposing coordinators thinking that the Rams offense simply doesn't have the balls to attack the defense. However, they are getting better at it. Think about it...when was the last the Rams were able to regularly complete deep passes and throw nice fade routes? We still see a lot of the old slants and stabs and out routes that make us all *sigh* but until this offense gets fully molded I think they have to rely on this game of bait and switch they have been playing.

I think that was a crap game-plan by Schott. You're playing a base Cover-2 team. You beat those type of teams by attacking outside the numbers and deep down the seam like we started to do in the 4th.

I tell you what shotty has been an alright coordinator this year, but if the rumors about him moving on is true i think it would be a blessing in disguise. I think we need more of an agressive play caller, and i know we shunned Mcdaniels for this very same reason last year. But i believe if we had mcdaniels under fisher this year, with the improved o-line and Sam's improved health and progression, i think we are looking at a playoff berth and possibly a career year from bradford.

Every one feel free to send your Bitcoins here:
16o9K2FJ7qYtGR2mypgFnQ2ee5H3p4vnR7

Rams Rams Rams

Kanye West= the GOAT
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I hope Schotty doesn't move on...

I don't wanna have to think about Sam with his 4th OC in his 4th season....

IDOG_det on the sig...
tim199009

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:

Sam is a big boy he should be able to adjust. And to be honest with you for the sake of our franchise whether or not Bradford has a new coordinator i think next year should be his final evaluation year. If he doesnt meet expectations i think the staff will be looking elsewhere

Rams Rams Rams

Kanye West= the GOAT
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:

Even if it was Norv Turner?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

Even if it was Norv Turner?

Turner would be tempting, but I don't think he's the same calibur play-caller he once was...

Still would be tempting though, but not sure I'd pull the trigger...

IDOG_det on the sig...
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
Sam is a big boy he should be able to adjust. And to be honest with you for the sake of our franchise whether or not Bradford has a new coordinator i think next year should be his final evaluation year. If he doesnt meet expectations i think the staff will be looking elsewhere

So if next year is the crucial judging point for Bradford, you'd wanna put him behind the eight ball from the get-go?

Not a fan of that idea. I'd rather surround him with more talent and set some stablility and familiarization with offense, then pass a judgement...

IDOG_det on the sig...
tim199009

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:

So if next year is the crucial judging point for Bradford, you'd wanna put him behind the eight ball from the get-go?

Not a fan of that idea. I'd rather surround him with more talent and set some stablility and familiarization with offense, then pass a judgement...

We'll see, but any GM or Coach that values their job will tell you its like playing with fire waiting for a player to reach his potential. Especially if the franchise depends on it.

Rams Rams Rams

Kanye West= the GOAT
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
We'll see, but any GM or Coach that values their job will tell you its like playing with fire waiting for a player to reach his potential. Especially if the franchise depends on it.

Not sure how changing to a new system and coordinator yet again would help him reach his "potential" any faster. If anything, it could set him back...

Besides, I think Fish and Snead don't have to worry about losing their jobs after the 2nd season...

IDOG_det on the sig...
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

Statistically, what do you think those expectations should be?

Because I can honestly say that Bradford is on pace to meet or exceed all of my statistical expecations of him coming into this year in his third offense coming off of a high ankle sprain.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

Statistically, what do you think those expectations should be?

Because I can honestly say that Bradford is on pace to meet or exceed all of my statistical expecations of him coming into this year in his third offense coming off of a high ankle sprain.

well when i wrote that i wasnt thinking about evaluation from my perspective. I was speaking with the front office in mind, hypothetically if this is the scenario they would go with who knows what expectations they would place on him.

Rams Rams Rams

Kanye West= the GOAT
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
RamsFan24 wrote:
I wonder why the Rams won't incorporate the hurry up or fast pace tempo type of offense more? Especially with how bad they have played and looked on offense in the first half of the last 5 games or so. Sam looks really comfortable and dominant in the fourth quarters of games when trying to come back with that hurry up offense. What do you guys think, because I feel that a change of pace and tempo could do the Rams good when they start off sluggish and sloppy.

I don't think it's so much of the hurry up offense producing results, it's one factor that I haven't been able to use to describe this offense in a very long time; They are finally making adjustments.

From what I heard today, the offense used a lot of plays that went "underneath" the defense, ie slip screens, passes to the RB, etc. Problem there is Minny's defense has seen that all year (hence why Greenway has so many tackles), henceforth that gameplan went to shreds as that aspect of their defense has been contested by offenses with much more success in that area.

Their defense was VERY on point today, and the talent was running on all cylinders, and the offense went into the game with a dysfunctional plan. During the later parts of the game, they finally opened up the playbook a little bit and threw some deep passes, fade routes, and attacked the secondary rather than avoiding it. Honestly, I think a lot of the latter success of the team has also been opposing coordinators thinking that the Rams offense simply doesn't have the balls to attack the defense. However, they are getting better at it. Think about it...when was the last the Rams were able to regularly complete deep passes and throw nice fade routes? We still see a lot of the old slants and stabs and out routes that make us all *sigh* but until this offense gets fully molded I think they have to rely on this game of bait and switch they have been playing.

Thanks for the in depth response, I see what your saying, especially with the adjustments and all. I guess it's so frustrating when I see the Rams look so good when Sam is in shotgun in a faster pace.

RamsFan24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Ramsfan28 wrote:
RamsFan24 wrote:

I think that was a crap game-plan by Schott. You're playing a base Cover-2 team. You beat those type of teams by attacking outside the numbers and deep down the seam like we started to do in the 4th.

Yes I can totally agree with this statement jry, and man did we look good in the 4th quarter, Sam has the it factor to be great, he just has to put it all together. And we need to keep building around him with better o line play and more offensive weapons or players.

jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFan24 wrote:

Yes I can totally agree with this statement jry, and man did we look good in the 4th quarter, Sam has the it factor to be great, he just has to put it all together. And we need to keep building around him with better o line play and more offensive weapons or players.

After rewatching the Minnesota game, I'm seriously questioning if Sam will ever be a great QB...not because of pocket presence, toughness or accuracy...because of his ability to read defenses. He blew numerous reads for various reasons.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: