Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday THread: Rams vs Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 14?
Sam Bradford: 209 yards, 1 TD
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Brandon Gibson: 6 rec, 100 yards, 1 TD
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Steven Jackson: 64 yards, 1 TD
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Michael Brockers: 4 tackles, 1.5 Sacks, 1 FF
68%
 68%  [ 20 ]
Jo-Lunn Dunbar: 3 tackles, 1 INT
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

tim199009

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a st louis rams fan i would have loved for us to make the playoffs. But as a sports fan its just not our time. Our offense is not good enough yet, the teams ahead of us are just plain better than we are. I would have hate to see us get to the playoffs to just stink it up, when a team that's better could have had a chance. As i am watching Seattle play i can honestly say they are the better team. Realistically we should turn our attention over to next year so we can build a better offense. (and get some safeties)
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game today Ram's fans. We've all seen games where it got out of hand early, but your team didn't lay down and quit. You made a game of it in the end, and that means a lot.

I see both of our teams as being in about the same situation. This was a rebuilding year for both of us, and both teams have been making real improvements. With a good draft, I could see these two teams meeting in the playoffs next year.

Good luck the rest of the way and into next year.

A big thanks to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Boltstrikes wrote:
Being the best quarterback of 2014 does not make you the GOAT.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Good game today Ram's fans. We've all seen games where it got out of hand early, but your team didn't lay down and quit. You made a game of it in the end, and that means a lot.

I see both of our teams as being in about the same situation. This was a rebuilding year for both of us, and both teams have been making real improvements. With a good draft, I could see these two teams meeting in the playoffs next year.

Good luck the rest of the way and into next year.

Your guys defensive line (especially Allen) played good. All joking about Ponder beside, it is hard to judge him this year especially since he has no one to throw it to since Harvin went down. You guys need another WR through FA or the draft though and it would great improve your offense I would think. A big receiver that can beat press coverage and is a red zone threat.
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sipping some kool aid here but if we win out and dallas, new york, seattle and chicago lose out we could get in if im correct lol
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
sipping some kool aid here but if we win out and dallas, new york, seattle and chicago lose out we could get in if im correct lol

Yes, and perhaps Steve Smith will go off for a 3 rec, 50 yard 1 TD game Shocked While being covered by not one, but TWO snails!

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:

Yes, and perhaps Steve Smith will go off for a 3 rec, 50 yard 1 TD game Shocked While being covered by not one, but TWO snails!

Laughing

We have been keeping him fresh by not playing all year and saving him for the last 2 games. Laughing

I think Brockers could get better separation than him.
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Ramsfan28 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:

Laughing

We have been keeping him fresh by not playing all year and saving him for the last 2 games. Laughing

I think Brockers could get better separation than him.

haha i know its not probable but was i wrong?
ctp2124

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:

You are correct. Chicago plays Arizona and Detroit. I don't think they are losing out.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:

You are correct. Chicago plays Arizona and Detroit. I don't think they are losing out.

a guy can dream
ctp2124

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:

a guy can dream

Sorry to be Mr. Realist. Continue dreaming.

Props to mike23md

maladeen3917

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:

a guy can dream

i do not expect it to become reality, just saying it goes to show that every game matters
ctp2124

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:

a guy can dream

i do not expect it to become reality, just saying it goes to show that every game matters

I knew you were aware the odds were ridiculous, or at least I assumed you knew that.

Props to mike23md

RamsFan24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why the Rams won't incorporate the hurry up or fast pace tempo type of offense more? Especially with how bad they have played and looked on offense in the first half of the last 5 games or so. Sam looks really comfortable and dominant in the fourth quarters of games when trying to come back with that hurry up offense. What do you guys think, because I feel that a change of pace and tempo could do the Rams good when they start off sluggish and sloppy.

Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFan24 wrote:
I wonder why the Rams won't incorporate the hurry up or fast pace tempo type of offense more? Especially with how bad they have played and looked on offense in the first half of the last 5 games or so. Sam looks really comfortable and dominant in the fourth quarters of games when trying to come back with that hurry up offense. What do you guys think, because I feel that a change of pace and tempo could do the Rams good when they start off sluggish and sloppy.

I don't think it's so much of the hurry up offense producing results, it's one factor that I haven't been able to use to describe this offense in a very long time; They are finally making adjustments.

From what I heard today, the offense used a lot of plays that went "underneath" the defense, ie slip screens, passes to the RB, etc. Problem there is Minny's defense has seen that all year (hence why Greenway has so many tackles), henceforth that gameplan went to shreds as that aspect of their defense has been contested by offenses with much more success in that area.

Their defense was VERY on point today, and the talent was running on all cylinders, and the offense went into the game with a dysfunctional plan. During the later parts of the game, they finally opened up the playbook a little bit and threw some deep passes, fade routes, and attacked the secondary rather than avoiding it. Honestly, I think a lot of the latter success of the team has also been opposing coordinators thinking that the Rams offense simply doesn't have the balls to attack the defense. However, they are getting better at it. Think about it...when was the last the Rams were able to regularly complete deep passes and throw nice fade routes? We still see a lot of the old slants and stabs and out routes that make us all *sigh* but until this offense gets fully molded I think they have to rely on this game of bait and switch they have been playing.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
RamsFan24 wrote:

I don't think it's so much of the hurry up offense producing results, it's one factor that I haven't been able to use to describe this offense in a very long time; They are finally making adjustments.

From what I heard today, the offense used a lot of plays that went "underneath" the defense, ie slip screens, passes to the RB, etc. Problem there is Minny's defense has seen that all year (hence why Greenway has so many tackles), henceforth that gameplan went to shreds as that aspect of their defense has been contested by offenses with much more success in that area.

Their defense was VERY on point today, and the talent was running on all cylinders, and the offense went into the game with a dysfunctional plan. During the later parts of the game, they finally opened up the playbook a little bit and threw some deep passes, fade routes, and attacked the secondary rather than avoiding it. Honestly, I think a lot of the latter success of the team has also been opposing coordinators thinking that the Rams offense simply doesn't have the balls to attack the defense. However, they are getting better at it. Think about it...when was the last the Rams were able to regularly complete deep passes and throw nice fade routes? We still see a lot of the old slants and stabs and out routes that make us all *sigh* but until this offense gets fully molded I think they have to rely on this game of bait and switch they have been playing.

I think that was a crap game-plan by Schott. You're playing a base Cover-2 team. You beat those type of teams by attacking outside the numbers and deep down the seam like we started to do in the 4th.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: