Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets claim WR Braylon Edwards off waivers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, it's not going to hurt anything. We are pretty much 1 or 2 games away from the last WC spot. He defended Sanchez when everyone was giving up on him, I'm sure Mark is happy to have him back. If we don't make the playoffs, then this is just a try out for next season.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy about this. I hated that we let him go in the first place because he always gave everything he had and wanted to be in New York. Hopefully he does well and can stick around next year. He should help out Sanchez, seeing as they had very good chemistry together when he was here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldve never let him go in the first place.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's garbage now. I'm sure he'll play but I don't expect much from him

Deadpulse on the sig
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt Edwards just come out and bash Jets management. Or did that turn out to be nothing?
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Didnt Edwards just come out and bash Jets management. Or did that turn out to be nothing?

It was more him defending Sanchez, who is his friend.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I like it, it's not going to hurt anything. We are pretty much 1 or 2 games away from the last WC spot. He defended Sanchez when everyone was giving up on him, I'm sure Mark is happy to have him back. If we don't make the playoffs, then this is just a try out for next season.

Um what?

You guys need to win out to have a decent chance at making the playoffs. Even then its only 38%. If you only win 2, that drops to 9%.
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/jetswhatif.html

Nacho Simulation Football League
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Um what?

You guys need to win out to have a decent chance at making the playoffs. Even then its only 38%. If you only win 2, that drops to 9%.
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/jetswhatif.html

I think he means the Jets are only 1 or 2 games behind the Steelers and Bengals.
renndawg37

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Shouldve never let him go in the first place.

Agreed.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I was surprised they didn't sign him earlier and I'm surprised they didn't bring in burress before the steelers signed him.

This offense wasn't great to begin with, but when the injuries started piling up for the wrs, I expected those signings by Tane and Rex immediately.

Both Tane and Rex are fighting for their jobs right now
Burress is terrible. He gets no separation and is a cancer in the locker room. I want him as far away from the Jets as humanly possible.

He's only useful in the red zone. In an average receiving corps he's a good #4 receiver....but I guess the Jets could do much worse.

Very happy with this signing. I have only the fondest memories of Braylon. Braylon-Kerley-Keller should be starting by next week & Sanchez is very comfortable with all of them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I was surprised they didn't sign him earlier and I'm surprised they didn't bring in burress before the steelers signed him.

This offense wasn't great to begin with, but when the injuries started piling up for the wrs, I expected those signings by Tane and Rex immediately.

Both Tane and Rex are fighting for their jobs right now
Burress is terrible. He gets no separation and is a cancer in the locker room. I want him as far away from the Jets as humanly possible.

He's only useful in the red zone. In an average receiving corps he's a good #4 receiver....but I guess the Jets could do much worse.

Very happy with this signing. I have only the fondest memories of Braylon. Braylon-Kerley-Keller should be starting by next week & Sanchez is very comfortable with all of them.

Let's hope Keller is ready to play by then.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
at this point, why?

Because the Jets WR corps is awful and has nobody right now.

Malik wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
at this point, why?

Holmes, Hill, Gates, and Keller are all out. Chaz Schilens has arguably been our healthiest receiver this season. CONTEMPLATE THAT.

green24 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
at this point, why?

The Jets are ravaged with injuries at the WR position and Braylon worked great with Sanchez.

I understand that. But at this point in the season, what's it going to accomplish? Why not bring up some PS guys or younger guys and start preparing for next season?

This move is like a man on the cusp of death deciding to start eating healthier.
Exactly right and when you evaluate your players in real game situations, there is no guessing required when draft day arrives. A good piece of info when determining who makes the roster after the next preaseason. Some article earlier had said the owner wasn't happy with the performances and maybe everybody there is doing what they can to remain with the Jets for next season.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
at this point, why?

Malik wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
at this point, why?

Holmes, Hill, Gates, and Keller are all out. Chaz Schilens has arguably been our healthiest receiver this season. CONTEMPLATE THAT.

green24 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
at this point, why?

The Jets are ravaged with injuries at the WR position and Braylon worked great with Sanchez.

I understand that. But at this point in the season, what's it going to accomplish? Why not bring up some PS guys or younger guys and start preparing for next season?

This move is like a man on the cusp of death deciding to start eating healthier.

I agree, Tyler. Take someone off your PS or take someone off another team's PS. Try out a talented young player.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Championship.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
at this point, why?

Malik wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
at this point, why?

green24 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
at this point, why?

I agree, Tyler. Take someone off your PS or take someone off another team's PS. Try out a talented young player.

We have done that. We only have two healthy receivers that were not acquired through our PS or waivers (Jeremy Kerley and Chaz Schilens). Why not bring back a guy that Sanchez has great chemistry with?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: