You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Join me on the OFFICAL Heckert and Shurmer Bandwagon.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you a Believer?
Yes
78%
 78%  [ 22 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

Entropy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Quote:
Of course, there was an extra 20-30 seconds left on that clock and the Cowboys were able to save a timeout because Shurmur decided to run a play before the two-minute warning instead of taking it all the way down as the Browns were deep in Dallas territory trying to score.

From a different browns site. Not sure if I can post it here or not. But that's an actual sports writer who wrote it.

It wasn't just 5 seconds. It was at least 30 or a timeout.

The thing about this guy is that he won't answer my questions, but you can...

How did the Browns cause an extra 20-30 seconds AND save the Cowboys a timout? See? He said "and".

Why would the Cowboys have let 20-30 seconds run off the clock in that situation?

Did you (talking to the sportwriter) know that it was 1st and goal? Meaning we have only 3 downs to score or even run the clock since the clock stops on a change of possesion?

Did you know that the game should have been over after we were stopped on 4th and goal but it wasn't because we had 3 timeouts left?

Are you aware that running time off of the clock only really helps when you have a lead?

Is it really bad that a coach wanted to actually get the lead BEFORE trying to run the clock down?

It's not like they were just running to run out the clock. We could run out the clock and take the lead. All we had to do is wait 6 seconds.

I'm not just looking for ways to blame shurmur. I'm much higher on him now than before.

It showed me a lot that he opened the playbook up a ton last week. Finally showing some teeth and man parts lol.

I'm def not the only one who questions that. When I googled it, there were a lot of articles with people questioning it. ESPN had people questioning it.

Did it FOR SURE cost us the game? Eh

It would have for sure made the Boys use another timeout or let the clock run.

Yes, that is the valid criticsm, he COULD have forced the Cowboys to use another timeout, if he knew that we were going to fail to score on 3 consecutive plays. Of course, how was he suposed to know we were going to have a 2nd and 3rd and goal?

And yes, If I were the coach, I would have let the clock run down since that does seem like the better thing to do, and YES, I was screaming at the TV when he didn't.

*EDIT Oh, and we've run that reverse play several times, it just wasn't executed that well since the Eagles game (I think)...San Diego?

The Wildcat, I think was brand new, right?

Last edited by Entropy on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just figure, you have a free chance to force the other team to call a timeout at the end of the game. It doesn't risk anything or cost your team anything.

I saw it before it even happened and was yelling.

lol

My many years as a madden player told me to run the play. Wink

Imma email Haslem now and ask for an application. Cool

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I just figure, you have a free chance to force the other team to call a timeout at the end of the game. It doesn't risk anything or cost your team anything.

lol

No joking, playing Madden seriously would help some coaches with time management. Mangini had issues and RAC was awful.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

lol

No joking, playing Madden seriously would help some coaches with time management. Mangini had issues and RAC was awful.

Agreed

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an excellent article from Albert Breer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000110829/article/cleveland-browns-should-stick-with-pat-shurmur-tom-heckert
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article Druid
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Here's an excellent article from Albert Breer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000110829/article/cleveland-browns-should-stick-with-pat-shurmur-tom-heckert

I still get the feeling that Heckert thinks he's already out. Seeing as how he has more experience than anyone with Banner, that's not a good sign.

If we end the year with 3 bad games, then the PR decision will be easy for Haslam and Banner. But I would love, love, love it if we won at least 2 of the last 3. The pressure would really be on to keep things intact, and it would make for some pretty compelling theater.

GO BROWNS!

GO BROWNS!

GO BROWNS!

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

I still get the feeling that Heckert thinks he's already out. Seeing as how he has more experience than anyone with Banner, that's not a good sign.

I have to believe that Heckert's experience will be viewed as a positive for Banner... Heckert can look at the player side of the equation and Banner can look at the dollar side of the equation. Both guys can focus on what they are good at.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

I have to believe that Heckert's experience will be viewed as a positive for Banner... Heckert can look at the player side of the equation and Banner can look at the dollar side of the equation. Both guys can focus on what they are good at.

I agree that on paper, it looks like a great match. If only human egos weren't involved....

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

I agree that on paper, it looks like a great match. If only human egos weren't involved....

Very Happy very true

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh.....don't wanna read too much into this article but.....I think we all knew that Heckert would want final say over the 53 man roster. He all but says it in the interview.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/heckert-calls-total-control-over-clevelands-roster-why-i-came-here/

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
Uh oh.....don't wanna read too much into this article but.....I think we all knew that Heckert would want final say over the 53 man roster. He all but says it in the interview.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/heckert-calls-total-control-over-clevelands-roster-why-i-came-here/

My twitter timeline was blowing up with quotes from that press conference. Their definitely are a lot of ways to interpret it, no doubt. To me it sounds like Heckert and Banner will have a nice and long discussion over everything and it's possible both sides give in a little bit for the greater good. But Heckert also sounded confident (for good reason) that if it doesn't work out he'll get another shot somewhere else, which makes me think he's not willing to give in

We're going to find out in a little over 2 weeks, but right now what we need is stability. As Heckert said, their will be some turnover in the roster as every new GM does that. I'm worried about what that could mean to be honest

I was reading the comments for that post and I got a good laugh out of this one

Quote:
joemammy says: Dec 14, 2012 1:20 PM

Joe Banner should have been hired to fetch Tom Heckert his coffee and fix his lunch.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

My twitter timeline was blowing up with quotes from that press conference. Their definitely are a lot of ways to interpret it, no doubt. To me it sounds like Heckert and Banner will have a nice and long discussion over everything and it's possible both sides give in a little bit for the greater good. But Heckert also sounded confident (for good reason) that if it doesn't work out he'll get another shot somewhere else, which makes me think he's not willing to give in

We're going to find out in a little over 2 weeks, but right now what we need is stability. As Heckert said, their will be some turnover in the roster as every new GM does that. I'm worried about what that could mean to be honest

Quote:

Joe Banner should have been hired to fetch Tom Heckert his coffee and fix his lunch.

This is the part of the article that made me pause.....

Itís understandable that Heckert wouldnít want to give up final say if thatís the reason he took the job in Cleveland. On the other hand, if the Browns were to fire him, itís unlikely that any other team would give him final say. Which raises the possibility that Heckert might be willing to stay even if he received a demotion, not because heíd be happy with it, but because even with less authority, sticking around in Cleveland might be the best job he could get.

I find it hard to believe that some team would not give him final say with regards to personnel decisions.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Quote:

This is the part of the article that made me pause.....

Itís understandable that Heckert wouldnít want to give up final say if thatís the reason he took the job in Cleveland. On the other hand, if the Browns were to fire him, itís unlikely that any other team would give him final say. Which raises the possibility that Heckert might be willing to stay even if he received a demotion, not because heíd be happy with it, but because even with less authority, sticking around in Cleveland might be the best job he could get.

I find it hard to believe that some team would not give him final say with regards to personnel decisions.

depends on who has a gm position open...

with only 32 teams and most jobs filled it doesnt give you much wiggle room.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:

Joe Banner with final say on the 53 = another decade of failure

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: