You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Join me on the OFFICAL Heckert and Shurmer Bandwagon.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you a Believer?
Yes
78%
 78%  [ 22 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im on the lombardi/Saban flash mob.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the big picture, there are two people whose performance has not resulted in more wins: (1) Weeden and (2) Shurmur.

All for keeping Heckert for obvious reasons. Will be more for keeping him when he reveals that the Big made him draft Weeden!
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Looking at the big picture, there are two people whose performance has not resulted in more wins: (1) Weeden and (2) Shurmur.

All for keeping Heckert for obvious reasons. Will be more for keeping him when he reveals that the Big made him draft Weeden!

I like Weeden, I really do. He is better than Colt, Quinn, Anderson, Garcia, Wynn, Couch (although I give him a pass), Detmer, Holcomb, and etc. in more areas than any one of them were better than him in. I like him better than Dalton or Flacco, but then I'm a Browns fan so if I'm way off base its because of that and this can't be used against me later.

If that doesn't make sense, just pretend it does.
Spectre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 11: Can't wait until Shurmur is gone!

Beat Charlie Batch, the worst team in the NFL and the third worst team in the NFL.

Week 15: Shurmur rules! Let's keep him!

Seriously... the team is winning despite Shurmur (Richardson said as much this week) and because of the easy schedule. Heckert is a different story... the increase in talent level is noticeable.

Keep Heckert and dump Shurmur. Don't let a few easy wins cloud your judgment.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectre wrote:

Beat Charlie Batch, the worst team in the NFL and the third worst team in the NFL.

Seriously... the team is winning despite Shurmur (Richardson said as much this week) and because of the easy schedule. Heckert is a different story... the increase in talent level is noticeable.

I hate when people say we're winning because of an easy schedule when we've had a brutal schedule overall
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Spectre wrote:

I hate when people say we're winning because of an easy schedule when we've had a brutal schedule overall

I agree with you on this one candy, I we are winning because if an easy schedule then we lost earlier because of a brutal one. To me it's not that we're winning easy wins, it's more about when were winning them. I've heard former players say over an over again how easy it is to pack it in at the end of the season after a beginning like ours. To be winning this late means the coaches haven't lost the team, they are still showing up and playing hard and like it or not, a lot of that is on the coaches.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectre wrote:
the team is winning despite Shurmur (Richardson said as much this week).

Where's that one coming from? Do you have a quote?

As to Shurmur's progress as a HC. I will say this, we have seen steadily improving play from many young players, including two WR's who combined for what, 2 total seasons of college play at WR? And a QB who looked like cold garbage in week 1.

Some of that progress should be credited to the HC, especially when the HC was brought in specifically because of his work with young players. If we scrap Shurmur and the WCO, we might as wells crap Weeden as well because QB's don't succeed with early system switches.

That is not to say I do not see the merit in firing Shurmur, his record is what it is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a coulple Browns games this year. From what I see you guys aren't that far away. The team plays hard for Shurmur. I would keep both the talent is improving greatly. You've won three in a row if you continue to win I don't see a reason to change anything. Now please Beat Washington. Pray

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig

Go Vikings, Badgers, Twins, Wolves, and Wild
cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep Heckert for sure. He knows talent.

Shurmur I lean for keeping. Should we really expect a coach to win with this many rookies and second year players? He seems to be improving after getting to know what his players can do or not do. Team plays hard for him.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really feel we are so close. Blow it up now and we are set back.

Some change will happen as long as it's not big change we are about to be a force.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been on this bandwagon for so long
DawgX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns definitely need to keep Heckert. The Browns have so much more young talent now compared to when Heckert arrived in Cleveland. He's done well in the draft and has spent money wisely. He's resigned key players and has made cheap but good free agent acquisitions.

I'm all for keeping Shurmur and have been all season. I won't be too upset if he's fired as long as Cleveland's next head coach is someone I like. However, I feel Shurmur, like the roster, has improved as time has gone on. The Browns need continuity in order to be a successful team. Not many head coaches would be successful with such a young and inexperienced roster. Most of Cleveland's losses this year are due to poor execution by the players, which is mainly caused by their lack of experience. I've brought up Gary Kubiak and the Texans many times when talking about Shurmur and the Browns. Many Houston fans wanted him gone but their front office stuck with him and when Houston's players gained a fair amount of experience, they started to win on a consistent basis. It's entirely possible the same thing could happen with Shurmur and the Browns if he's given enough time.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest weaknesses for Pat at the moment, are clock management situations and play calling.

The play calling was much better last week as we finally opened it up and played loose.

The clock management is maddening. Just the ones that stick out...

1. Granted the game was in hand, but challenging the Cribbs TD last week when it would be 1st and goal from about 6 inches. A. He didn't look in B. You have 4 plays to get 6 inches.

2. Running a play 6 second before the 2 minute warning in the Cowboys game. They would have had 30-40 fewer seconds for their game tying score. That cost us the game (as did other things)

They are other sitations, you have all seen them.

Those are both things that can improve. Will they? I don't know

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

1. Granted the game was in hand, but challenging the Cribbs TD last week when it would be 1st and goal from about 6 inches. A. He didn't look in B. You have 4 plays to get 6 inches.

The clock was running down, Weeden took too long to get out of the huddle after the play was ruled not a touchdown. Had he not called a Timeout, it would have been a delay of game penalty.

After the grief he was given for not challenging but instead calling a Timeout on the QB sneak, I think it was a fine call. But yes, he does need to improve (but he's a young coach, none of them, even guys like Tomlin and Harbaugh, are without faults)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

The clock was running down, Weeden took too long to get out of the huddle after the play was ruled not a touchdown. Had he not called a Timeout, it would have been a delay of game penalty.

After the grief he was given for not challenging but instead calling a Timeout on the QB sneak, I think it was a fine call. But yes, he does need to improve (but he's a young coach, none of them, even guys like Tomlin and Harbaugh, are without faults)

I have a feeling that we were late out of the huddle because instead of sending in a play in a timely manner, we were running around like clowns deciding whether to challenge or not.

It's not like Cribbs went 60 yards and we had to run down to get the play off.

It was like a <20 yard play. No excuse for not being able to get the next play off, regardless of the outcome of the Cribbs play.

Hell, QB SNEAK!!!!!

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: