Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WEEK 15 SNF: The Superfreak Returns - 49ers Vs. Pats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
NO ONE GIVES A [inappropriate/removed] ABOUT MOSS. MOVE THE [inappropriate/removed] ALONG. JESUS. IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS. GET OVER IT. HE AIN'T COMING BACK.
I SWEAR TO GOD YOU WOULD BE SAYING THE SAME [inappropriate/removed] OVER AND OVER IF MOSS WAS 70 YEARS OLD.

You are seriously the only guy who takes offense to it. Just relax.

Seriously.

Deadpulse on the sig
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah.
The ending sucked.

But I've maintained since the start of the year that the 49ers were the best team in the NFL and clear Super Bowl favorites.
The fact that the Pats were able to mount a 28-point comeback against them is pretty damn impressive.

If there's a rematch, it will certainly follow a different script. We're certainly not going to see two fumbles and a tipped pass on a bubble screen get picked. I still see plenty of reasons for optimism. Especially with Lloyd now becoming a big part of the passing game.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Grachuus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
NO ONE GIVES A [inappropriate/removed] ABOUT MOSS. MOVE THE [inappropriate/removed] ALONG. JESUS. IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS. GET OVER IT. HE AIN'T COMING BACK.
I SWEAR TO GOD YOU WOULD BE SAYING THE SAME [inappropriate/removed] OVER AND OVER IF MOSS WAS 70 YEARS OLD.

Seriously.

I'm not offended by it, but it does make me ignore anything he posts.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:

Seriously.

I'm not offended by it, but it does make me ignore anything he posts.

Which is what a lot of posters do. And is far more effective than getting all agitated about it and thereby fueling the proverbial fire.

Deadpulse on the sig
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Blah.
The ending sucked.

But I've maintained since the start of the year that the 49ers were the best team in the NFL and clear Super Bowl favorites.
The fact that the Pats were able to mount a 28-point comeback against them is pretty damn impressive.

If there's a rematch, it will certainly follow a different script. We're certainly not going to see two fumbles and a tipped pass on a bubble screen get picked. I still see plenty of reasons for optimism. Especially with Lloyd now becoming a big part of the passing game.

If we see them again it won't be in a rain soaked environment so chances Ridley/Vereen fumble is significantly lower. Gronkowski will be playing assumedly. You can't double Hernandez/Welker if Gronkowski is on the field. You leave Lloyd one on one (and last night was a flash of what we expect from that 1 on 1 coverage), and then you likely leave Hernandez on an island against a safety or line backer while you double Gronk and bracket Welker and rush 4.

I'm amped. I fully expect Brady/Gronk to go on a Warner/Fitz 08 type post season run.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy game that probably took years off my life. Not happy with our injuries. Hopefully, Justin Smith's MRI doesn't show anything season-ending.

That comeback is exactly why I was so nervous about this game. We just don't handle leads well and Tom Brady is....well....Tom Brady. I knew the comeback was coming.

Good luck the rest of the way, guys.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Crazy game that probably took years off my life. Not happy with our injuries. Hopefully, Justin Smith's MRI doesn't show anything season-ending.

That comeback is exactly why I was so nervous about this game. We just don't handle leads well and Tom Brady is....well....Tom Brady. I knew the comeback was coming.

Good luck the rest of the way, guys.

Great game, that's a fine team you have there. Justin Smith would be a huge loss, he beats up on guys in a way that allows Aldon to ghost in and get to the Quarterback. Those two compliment each other so well.
redsoxsrule1437

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got back from the game last night at 4 am. The turnpike was horrible.

Man, what a sloppy first half and beginning of the second half really. The turnovers really ended up hurting us. We put our self in a big hole. It was frustrating to watch, but for some reason I never felt we were out of it. Always have to remember that we have the best QB in the league.

Gillette was rocking when we came back. I was proud of the way we battle. Brandon Lloyd was a monster last night. Him and Brady are really starting to build some great chemistry, which will do wonders for our offense.

2 things that killed us in the end were 1) turnovers and 2) special teams. LaMichael James kick return kind of killed all the momentum we just game, and then the holding calls on back-to-back punt returns put us in terrible field positions to start drives. These are the two reasons we lost IMO.

Happy that we split with Houston and San Fran, although it definitely was disappointing to lose this one. The comeback was great, it's unfortunate that we played such a bad first half and dug ourselves a whole. Have to come away impressed that we put up 31 points on the leagues best D and despite being down by 28 we still were in position to win.

We'll win out and see what happens from there. Hopefully stay injury free for the most part, and get a healthy Gronk back for the play offs. Look at NFL. I still love our chances.

Last edited by redsoxsrule1437 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
samgurl775

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how much of Ridley do you think we'll see next week? I love Woodhead and what he was able to do, but I'm worried he'll get more playing time after last night.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
redsoxsrule1437

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and to add to the special teams problems, the fake punt. Totally forgot about that. Didn't end up hurting us but it was frustrating at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsrule1437 wrote:
Oh, and to add to the special teams problems, the fake punt. Totally forgot about that. Didn't end up hurting us but it was frustrating at the time.

Arrington wasn't paying attention and went back to block while Goldson ran. Hopefuly that'll be corrected. O`Brien has been a good ST guy since he's been here and I expect him to make corrections where they're needed.
samgurl775 wrote:
So how much of Ridley do you think we'll see next week? I love Woodhead and what he was able to do, but I'm worried he'll get more playing time after last night.

Woodhead has played pretty well all year and has been reliable. As for someone who bashed him a lot in the offseason he's been doing very well this yr. I'd want him back if I didnt think as highly of Demps as I do and expect some team will pay him more than we would.
I dont think we'll see a lot of Ridley I hope Bolden and Vereen get majority of carries. Keep them fresher in playoffs and it really means we're putting up points.

Is Cunningham going to be activated this week or after Jax?
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsrule1437 wrote:

My problem was that there were two defenders on that side and couldn't hold contain. That's my problem with it.
redsoxsrule1437

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:

Why are you worried he'll get more playing time?

He played great last night. It's clear they trust him the most when it comes on to holding on to the football. He's great in our no huddle offense and is actually brings something in the receiving game.

I don't think Ridley's role will get diminished moving forward. Just Woodhead is much better for our fast paced offense when we decide to roll with it.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Ridley was hardly the only one who had difficulty holding onto the ball last night. I doubt Belichick benches him or significantly reduces his carries because of this.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
Ridley was hardly the only one who had difficulty holding onto the ball last night. I doubt Belichick benches him or significantly reduces his carries because of this.

Eh. I was disappointed in his play to be honest, especially that second fumble. They were definitely dealing with less than ideal conditions, but we all know how much BB values ball security, and most of the skill players on both teams had no problem hanging onto the ball. 2+2, Ridley needs to get his act together.

Deadpulse on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 73 of 75

Jump to: