Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lattimore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolffe_01

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not mind taking him in the 3rd if he is okayed by our medical staff. Keep in mind many people are comparing the knee injury that Latimore has to the one McGahee suffered in the 2002 BCS Championship game and we can all see how amazing of a career he has had. I mean he recovered his entire first year but after that he was worth the wait. Could be the best running back to come out in a very long time if he is healthy in my oppinion.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Earliest i would go if all our scouts, front office, and team doctors ok'd him to being able to play effectively is our 3rd round pick.

If we took him in the third I'd be pretty mad. If we used a 6th I'd support it but not agree with it, but a 3rd would be mind blowing. He won't be able to play at all in 2013 and has 2 reconstructed knees. Also figure out his mileage and its just not a good situation IMO. A third could be used on a guy that could be an every down back. Look at the 3rd-later prospects in the past few years. Anyone from UDFA Arian Foster to 6th round Alfred Morris to 5th round Jacquizz Rodgers to 7th round Bryce Brown to 3rd round Demarco Murray. The list of starters/big time role players is way too big to take a guy like Lattimore if we want championships now. JMO

everyone in bold is just an average to above average back. Lattimore can be a STAR in this league. he has the talent to be a top back in this league IF healthy. and yes its a very big IF. but id rather take that chance and it not pan out with a 3rd, then not take the chance and him pan out and kick our butts for 12 years lol

Pretty much what i was thinking. Considering it's only a 3rd round pick and i plan on the Falcons being good for a long time i am thinking ahead for the long run having a elite RB and elite QB for the next 10 years to keep us with a chance at the SB for a long time. Im more than willing to give him a chance in the 3rd if our front office says he is worth the chance. We can pickup a pretty solid RB in FA on a 1 or 2 year deal while he makes his full recovery.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Earliest i would go if all our scouts, front office, and team doctors ok'd him to being able to play effectively is our 3rd round pick.

If we took him in the third I'd be pretty mad. If we used a 6th I'd support it but not agree with it, but a 3rd would be mind blowing. He won't be able to play at all in 2013 and has 2 reconstructed knees. Also figure out his mileage and its just not a good situation IMO. A third could be used on a guy that could be an every down back. Look at the 3rd-later prospects in the past few years. Anyone from UDFA Arian Foster to 6th round Alfred Morris to 5th round Jacquizz Rodgers to 7th round Bryce Brown to 3rd round Demarco Murray. The list of starters/big time role players is way too big to take a guy like Lattimore if we want championships now. JMO

Except that if you lived in SC and were able to follow his recovery, you would know that he actually could end up playing in 2013. He's fast tracking his recovery and should be able to jog come combine time. The only real question is whether it'd be early 2013, or if he'd have to be PUP'd first.

Where did you get this information from?

I've heard he's ahead of schedule on an injury that would take 16-18 months to fully recover. Unless he does what AD did in a much crazier way he should be out 90% of next season at the least.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy had a total knee dislocation. Not just an acl. No way I pick him before the 6th round. Give me Mendenhall w/o having to spend the pick. Unhappy with his pt and going into the second year after acl work, he might as well be wearing a red christmas bow!!
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alphamale518 wrote:
This guy had a total knee dislocation. Not just an acl. No way I pick him before the 6th round. Give me Mendenhall w/o having to spend the pick. Unhappy with his pt and going into the second year after acl work, he might as well be wearing a red christmas bow!!

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the best moves in business are the ones you don't make. And sometimes there the ones that don't pay immediate returns. Cowboys drafted Staubach out of Navy and had to wait 4 years before he even showed up at camp. Same for David Robinson in the NBA. While you may not get a 3rd or 4th round player on your field this year, you could have potentially 2 first rounders( in terms of talent) playing for you next year. Bold yes, but the best teams in the league make those moves. Draft another back this year that can play for you, next year you could have one helluva 2 back tandem.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:
Sometimes the best moves in business are the ones you don't make. And sometimes there the ones that don't pay immediate returns. Cowboys drafted Staubach out of Navy and had to wait 4 years before he even showed up at camp. Same for David Robinson in the NBA. While you may not get a 3rd or 4th round player on your field this year, you could have potentially 2 first rounders( in terms of talent) playing for you next year. Bold yes, but the best teams in the league make those moves. Draft another back this year that can play for you, next year you could have one helluva 2 back tandem.
exactly. How great would a draft like this be:

1) DE Alex Okafor
2) TE Joseph Fauria
3) RB Stepfan Taylor
4a) WR Travaris King
4b) RB Marcus Lattimore (Comp Pick from Lofton leaving)
5) OL Travis Bond (can play both OG spots and RT. Would fill role of Mike Johnson when Johnson or Holmes starts next season)
6) DT Anthony McCloud
7) LB Justin Tuggle

use FA for some OL, maybe even move Clabo inside to RG

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
gilmerfalcon wrote:

1) DE Alex Okafor
2) TE Joseph Fauria
3) RB Stepfan Taylor
4a) WR Travaris King
5) OL Travis Bond (can play both OG spots and RT. Would fill role of Mike Johnson when Johnson or Holmes starts next season)
6) DT Anthony McCloud
7) LB Justin Tuggle

Not a fan of Okafor in one Fauria in two and King and MLat in four.

Okafor is debatable I guess but the rest are reaches IMO.

Back to the real point, its nice to prepare for the future but what if we actually got a guy that could contribute there and we won a SB next season? Would that not be more satisfying "preparing for the future"?

I still want to know where you heard he can play next year. All I've heard is all signs point to a 2014 return.

My dream offseason still consists of Jake Long and Gio Bernard anyway Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:

Back to the real point, its nice to prepare for the future but what if we actually got a guy that could contribute there and we won a SB next season? Would that not be more satisfying "preparing for the future"?

I still want to know where you heard he can play next year. All I've heard is all signs point to a 2014 return.

You always have to prepare for the future! What if we drafted Lattimore, he never plays a down, and we win the Super Bowl anyway. I never like playing "ifs and buts" for the record. We seem to waste a pick every year anyway, why not waste one that may or may not pan out on a potential star. Somebody is going to take him and they may end up with a game changer. Why not us? We can afford that luxury at this point IMO!
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
gilmerfalcon wrote:

1) DE Alex Okafor
2) TE Joseph Fauria
3) RB Stepfan Taylor
4a) WR Travaris King
6) DT Anthony McCloud
7) LB Justin Tuggle

I heard it from guys I know on the SC med staff. They think he has a legitimate shot of coming back in mid-october.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
CJ4life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little off topic, if we could somehow snag CJ Spiller from the Buffalo Bills I'd be pretty excited. I know the chances of something like that are 0.1%, but when I watch him play I always see a special player. He has the speed, the burst, the vision and willingness to take it between the tackles.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
gilmerfalcon wrote:

1) DE Alex Okafor
2) TE Joseph Fauria
3) RB Stepfan Taylor
4a) WR Travaris King
6) DT Anthony McCloud
7) LB Justin Tuggle

I heard it from guys I know on the SC med staff. They think he has a legitimate shot of coming back in mid-october.

Hmm

I guess I'll believe it when I sees it.. Interesting though

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting draft. Not a fan of Okafor. Fauria cannot block worth a damn. He'd be a nice #2, but nothing more, imo. I do like Taylor, but then there's the carries thing. I know King is talented, but I'm a west coast guy. Lattimore in the fourth is worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Interesting draft. Not a fan of Okafor. Fauria cannot block worth a damn. He'd be a nice #2, but nothing more, imo. I do like Taylor, but then there's the carries thing. I know King is talented, but I'm a west coast guy. Lattimore in the fourth is worth it.

How can you not be a fan of Okafor? The guy is a stud.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 31-43 72.1% 448 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

Exactly. We already have Fauria on the roster

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: