Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lattimore
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Lattimore Reply with quote

With RB being a huge need IMO, at what point in the draft would you be willing to take a chance on him? Injuries are a concern but he sure knows how to put a foot in the ground and turn upfield. I would possibly take him in the 4th but I wonder if somebody else takes him before that. Thoughts?
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on how he checks out with the doctors. Everyone knows he has the talent; he would have been the first RB off the board without a doubt. So it would be easy to come to the conclusion that he'd be a steal in the fourth round or so, but the fact of the matter is we don't have all the information. If someone takes him early, they're either taking a huge gamble or the doctors don't think his injuries will be that big of a problem. If he falls til the late rounds or even goes undrafted, it's because his injuries have potentially killed his NFL career.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kid is a great talent. i would easily pick him up in the 3rd if hes there. he'd prolly be the #1 RB off the board if he was completely healthy.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to take a 5th - 7th round flier on him.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
CJ4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly it depends on what type of attitude and mindset he has. If he's the type of player that sees this as an opportunity to prove people wrong and come back stronger, I think you take a shot. A team won't fold on a risk with a 4th round draft pick if it doesn't work out.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:

He may go undrafted honestly, especially since he probably won't be able to play next year. But I would take a flier on him with a 7th rounder as well. But then you would still need to draft a RB that can play now in earlier rounds.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take him in the 4th round with our 2nd 4th rounder we get from Lofton

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey he could be the next Adrian Peterson

He could also be our next Lofa Tatupu. Or even [gulp] another Ray Edwards

Id say a 4th or 5th rounder is worth the risk

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:

He may go undrafted honestly, especially since he probably won't be able to play next year. But I would take a flier on him with a 7th rounder as well. But then you would still need to draft a RB that can play now in earlier rounds.

Or we can sign a FA like Mendenhall who should come pretty cheap. But his serious, unexplainable lack of production with the Steelers this season does kind of scare me.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't want him now. It's very sad honestly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earliest i would go if all our scouts, front office, and team doctors ok'd him to being able to play effectively is our 3rd round pick.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Earliest i would go if all our scouts, front office, and team doctors ok'd him to being able to play effectively is our 3rd round pick.

If we took him in the third I'd be pretty mad. If we used a 6th I'd support it but not agree with it, but a 3rd would be mind blowing. He won't be able to play at all in 2013 and has 2 reconstructed knees. Also figure out his mileage and its just not a good situation IMO. A third could be used on a guy that could be an every down back. Look at the 3rd-later prospects in the past few years. Anyone from UDFA Arian Foster to 6th round Alfred Morris to 5th round Jacquizz Rodgers to 7th round Bryce Brown to 3rd round Demarco Murray. The list of starters/big time role players is way too big to take a guy like Lattimore if we want championships now. JMO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

If we took him in the third I'd be pretty mad. If we used a 6th I'd support it but not agree with it, but a 3rd would be mind blowing. He won't be able to play at all in 2013 and has 2 reconstructed knees. Also figure out his mileage and its just not a good situation IMO. A third could be used on a guy that could be an every down back. Look at the 3rd-later prospects in the past few years. Anyone from UDFA Arian Foster to 6th round Alfred Morris to 5th round Jacquizz Rodgers to 7th round Bryce Brown to 3rd round Demarco Murray. The list of starters/big time role players is way too big to take a guy like Lattimore if we want championships now. JMO

Agreed. Some team may take a flier on him in the 3rd because of his story. But that would have to be a team that is rebuilding. We need to compete now. If he can't play next year what good is using a pick on him? I personally think he will go undrafted, especially if doctors say he can't play next year.

We need to beef up our Oline and Dline's next year. Every draft pick from Pick 1-4 needs to address both lines IMO. RB and LB should be after that.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Except that if you lived in SC and were able to follow his recovery, you would know that he actually could end up playing in 2013. He's fast tracking his recovery and should be able to jog come combine time. The only real question is whether it'd be early 2013, or if he'd have to be PUP'd first.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

everyone in bold is just an average to above average back. Lattimore can be a STAR in this league. he has the talent to be a top back in this league IF healthy. and yes its a very big IF. but id rather take that chance and it not pan out with a 3rd, then not take the chance and him pan out and kick our butts for 12 years lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: