Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bidwill: "I Want To Evaluate What Went Wrong"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Bidwill: "I Want To Evaluate What Went Wrong" Reply with quote

Michael Bidwill spoke today and stated that he isn't going to be making an decision based on emotion (THANK GOD!!!) after yesterday's/the past 9 games. He wants to sit down after the season (Which means Whiz will likely finish the season out) and then sit down and make a fully researched, well evaluated decision on the future of the team. His exact words were, and I quote, "I want the ability to look at a complete set of facts and evaluate what went wrong".

I love it. No snap decisions, make the most well informed decision you can make.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its just me but through all of this I still want Whiz to remain here.
He is just too good of a coach not a great personal guy I would rather him just coach and let graves and kiem do that. But he is a good coach and an even better man. This team is built and ready to win sans qb which he did try to address. At this point juding on talent alone I would say whiz and co were right about kolb the guy learned the offense and was executing it well. Injurys are a thing he cant control. Levi tearing his tricep in preason cant be controlled. Its not like the team ignored the issues that plauged them. Warner retired they went and got kolb. Beanie is an injury machine they go draft ryan williams. I understand the oline argument but really who were they supposed to draft and who were they supposed to sign in free agency. Anyone dont want patrick peterson. Didnt see anyone upset when we drafted michael floyd. Also we have a bunch of stars we go resign them all. IF kolb doesnt get hurt i feel we are in the playoff hunt. I dont feel the whole system is broke and needs a redo. What we have works if the qb is here. kicking everyone out does nothing if we dont have a qb. so why not keep what we knows works but just make changes in the way we bring in qbs?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bidwill has confirmed that Whiz will finish out the season as the team's head coach.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't make this clear but Bidwill stated that the evaluations will be going quote "from the top on down".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
He is just too good of a coach not a great personal guy I would rather him just coach and let graves and kiem do that. But he is a good coach and an even better man. This team is built and ready to win sans qb which he did try to address. At this point juding on talent alone I would say whiz and co were right about kolb the guy learned the offense and was executing it well. Injurys are a thing he cant control. Levi tearing his tricep in preason cant be controlled. Its not like the team ignored the issues that plauged them. Warner retired they went and got kolb. Beanie is an injury machine they go draft ryan williams. I understand the oline argument but really who were they supposed to draft and who were they supposed to sign in free agency. Anyone dont want patrick peterson. Didnt see anyone upset when we drafted michael floyd. Also we have a bunch of stars we go resign them all. IF kolb doesnt get hurt i feel we are in the playoff hunt. I dont feel the whole system is broke and needs a redo. What we have works if the qb is here. kicking everyone out does nothing if we dont have a qb. so why not keep what we knows works but just make changes in the way we bring in qbs?

MB can't risk keeping him and being in the same place next season and beyond. We know what Whiz is, a mediocre coach who had success with a borderline elite QB. I'm still glad we hired him, wouldn't change that part.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bidwill: "I Want To Evaluate What Went Wrong" Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Michael Bidwill spoke today and stated that he isn't going to be making an decision based on emotion (THANK GOD!!!) after yesterday's/the past 9 games. He wants to sit down after the season (Which means Whiz will likely finish the season out) and then sit down and make a fully researched, well evaluated decision on the future of the team. His exact words were, and I quote, "I want the ability to look at a complete set of facts and evaluate what went wrong".

I love it. No snap decisions, make the most well informed decision you can make.

Mikey is a fans type owner. The fans will speak and Whiz will be gone. I have no doubt.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Cusi10 wrote:

MB can't risk keeping him and being in the same place next season and beyond. We know what Whiz is, a mediocre coach who had success with a borderline elite QB. I'm still glad we hired him, wouldn't change that part.

Yeah that's about the size of it. I still think it was fate/Kurt warner the team made it as far as they did. Not outstanding coaching.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - this is very refreshing and how a good franchise should conduct business. We saw this type of due diligence when they conducted the search for a head coach last time and I'm glad to see Mike B continuing that approach. He's no idiot - a former federal prosecutor, he's used to thorough detailed analysis of situations and isn't prone to bad snap-judgments.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: