Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Realistic QB options in no patricular order.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
finn54

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea who will be in charge of the Cardinals next year, but what about Ryan Mallett? Jason Licht, now in the Arizona FO, was part of the Patriots FO that drafted him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Mechanical problems or not I'd take Stafford this year in a heart beat. It's not even close. He might go back to back 5,000 yard seasons.

Not too hard to go 5,000 yards back-to-back when you lead the league in pass attemps back-to-back and play with Calvin Johnson.

I'd take Stafford in a heartbeat too (And Luck) because he's got a significantly brighter future and with better coaching his flaws can be fixed. He's only 24 years old, it's a no brainer for the future of the franchise but for this season it'd be an easy choice to go with Kolb. If Vick was 24 it'd be the same deal. But he's not, he's 33 in June.

Yet he's lead two top 10 offenses after 30 and nearly won MVP. That year they were #2 in total offense. Kolb doesn't have the talent/arm to do that. Save the "Reid offense" argument because he stole Kolb's job in the first place.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with the small school QBs either - the following is a list of super-bowl winning QB's from small schools:

Ben Roethlisberger - Miami of Ohio (Round 1, Pick 11)
Trent Dilfer - Fresno State (Round 1, Pick 6 - yeah, not a great example)
Kurt Warner - Northern Iowa (Undrafted)
Brett Favre - Southern Mississippi (Round 2, Pick 33)
Doug Williams - Grambling State (Round 1, Pick 17)
Phil Simms - Morehead State (Round 1, Pick 7)
Terry Bradshaw - Louisiana Tech (Round 1, Pick 1)
Roger Staubach - Navy (Round 10, Pick 129)

So - there's plenty of them, but clearly most of them were identified as top prospects before the draft despite being from small schools (Kurt and Roger Staubach the notable exceptions).

None of these schools is as small as Fordham, of course - but I think they are all in a similar category with SD State.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Alex Smith?
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
I have no problem with the small school QBs either - the following is a list of super-bowl winning QB's from small schools:

So - there's plenty of them, but clearly most of them were identified as top prospects before the draft despite being from small schools (Kurt and Roger Staubach the notable exceptions).

None of these schools is as small as Fordham, of course - but I think they are all in a similar category with SD State.

Shall we compare this list to the Super Bowl winning QB's from Major schools? For every Ben Roethlisberger there is a Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning. The small school experiment needs to end.It hasn't worked here.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:

Shall we compare this list to the Super Bowl winning QB's from Major schools? For every Ben Roethlisberger there is a Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning. The small school experiment needs to end.It hasn't worked here.

Sure - it definitely figures that bigger / better college football programs would produce better NFL QB's more often. That doesn't mean after a couple of 5th and 6th round stabs on small school QBs we should quit looking at them if they are graded out as good prospects by quality pro scouting.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
What about Alex Smith?

The 49ers have/had the best OL in the league. He's a good player but will never lead a top 5 offense.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
What about Alex Smith?

The 49ers have/had the best OL in the league. He's a good player but will never lead a top 5 offense.

How about a top 15 offense? I ask because the D is pretty good when the offense can pull it's own weight and give the D a breather from time to time.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:

The same Tom Brady who struggled to beat out Drew Henson at Michigan?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Mechanical problems or not I'd take Stafford this year in a heart beat. It's not even close. He might go back to back 5,000 yard seasons.

Not too hard to go 5,000 yards back-to-back when you lead the league in pass attemps back-to-back and play with Calvin Johnson.

I'd take Stafford in a heartbeat too (And Luck) because he's got a significantly brighter future and with better coaching his flaws can be fixed. He's only 24 years old, it's a no brainer for the future of the franchise but for this season it'd be an easy choice to go with Kolb. If Vick was 24 it'd be the same deal. But he's not, he's 33 in June.

Yet he's lead two top 10 offenses after 30 and nearly won MVP. That year they were #2 in total offense. Kolb doesn't have the talent/arm to do that. Save the "Reid offense" argument because he stole Kolb's job in the first place.

So, he was good 2 years ago. When they perfect time travel you'll be on to something. Until then, you're asking me to support arguably the worst starting QB in the league this season not wearing Cardinal red and I don't even get to hope for a brighter future because he's 33 years old. I haven't mentioned the concussions yet have I? Isn't that why we're even in this spot, because Kolb can't stay healthy? Now we're driving down the rutted up road and we're thinking the ride will be smoother? Really?

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:

DRC worked just fine in the system tailored to him. Pro Bowl.

Judging players by their schools and nothing else is extremely, EXTREMELY dangerous and will burn you.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:

Sure - it definitely figures that bigger / better college football programs would produce better NFL QB's more often. That doesn't mean after a couple of 5th and 6th round stabs on small school QBs we should quit looking at them if they are graded out as good prospects by quality pro scouting.

That's all fine and dandy but that's ALL we have hung our hopes on with Whiz here. Low round small school projects that haven't panned out.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:

That's all fine and dandy but that's ALL we have hung our hopes on with Whiz here. Low round small school projects that haven't panned out.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

The same Tom Brady who struggled to beat out Drew Henson at Michigan?

Yeah. Competiton. Someone told me that worked out too.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:

DRC worked just fine in the system tailored to him. Pro Bowl.

Judging players by their schools and nothing else is extremely, EXTREMELY dangerous and will burn you.

Possibly yes but they team needs to draft a QB and O line a little higher. they are the teams biggest weakness and they continue to be ignored.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: