Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Realistic QB options in no patricular order.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5185
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those BC teams he was on, werent stacked with talent.

He was trying real hard to get them to win games, hence all the picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Those BC teams he was on, werent stacked with talent.

He was trying real hard to get them to win games, hence all the picks.



It's still bad decision making regardless of the parameters. You could throw in that Barkley is under immense pressure being the QB of USC so he's also trying too hard, hence all the picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
I see Matt Ryan when I watch Barkley. Likely a game manager early in his NFL career who can eventually take the next step. Doesn't seem like a Whiz QB though. He likes 6'4" canon-arm guys.


Ryan has a far better arm than Barkley, he can make those stick throws between defenders and he can make those out and comeback throws that Barkley cannot. Ryan is also a better decision maker.


Well yeah he's been in the NFL for years now. But Ryan struggled with decision making too in college. 15 TDs/10 INTs his Junior year and 31 TDs/19 INTs his Senior year. He also didn't complete a high number of passes and his arm strength was in question too. He was as underwhelming a #1 pick as I've seen. But he had all the intangibles. I can see the similarities to Barkley.


There are some similarities. The big difference of course if that Ryan, along with the intangibles, has all of the physical attributes that Barkley does not. Ryan's got 2 1/2 inches on Barkley and has a significantly stronger arm.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5185
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasons we dont want Josh Freeman.

Today vs STL

30/54 372 yds 1 TD and 4 INTS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:


Perhaps but Vick will turn the ball over a ton. Not only will he throw an interception about every game but he'll probably fumble about every game as well. He's very careless with the football.


People are exaggerating how much Vick turns the ball over because of how many turnovers he had in his first few games this year. BTW, 9 of those 14 turnovers came in games where he led three 4th quarter comebacks. Vick's career TD/TO ratio is better than Eli Manning for instance.

ANd Nick Foles isn't fairing any better right now behind the Eagles offensive line.

I know the Cardinals offensive line isn't exactly great either but if the Eagles sign Vick and don't waste a draft pick on a QB that could be something used to sure up that offensive line

And having a receiver that can go up and get it allows Vick to evade pressure even more and punishes them for that extra defender in the box
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:


Perhaps but Vick will turn the ball over a ton. Not only will he throw an interception about every game but he'll probably fumble about every game as well. He's very careless with the football.


ANd Nick Foles isn't fairing any better right now behind the Eagles offensive line.


LOL, so a day 3 rookie I hated pre-draft isn't playing tangibly better than Mike Vick and that should give me reason to go out and sign him?

Nah thanks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5185
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Sanchez will be available for a real low pick and some contribution to his salary.

Jets will eat a bunch of cap space regardless, chuck a 7th and $2 mil and see how he goes, cannot be any worse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Mark Sanchez will be available for a real low pick and some contribution to his salary.

Jets will eat a bunch of cap space regardless, chuck a 7th and $2 mil and see how he goes, cannot be any worse.

Resign Kolb at a lower rate. he is a better QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:


LOL, so a day 3 rookie I hated pre-draft isn't playing tangibly better than Mike Vick and that should give me reason to go out and sign him?

Nah thanks.


You ignored the main point that no QB regardless of how highly touted outside of Aaron Rodgers has put up dominant numbers behind a putrid Oline

And at least in Aaron Rodgers case they having moving release points with all the QB rollouts, something that Philly had in 2010 but abandoned the last couple of years

And not to mention it's not about Foles. IT's about the fact that Vick is decisively more talented than any other option in free agency right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:


LOL, so a day 3 rookie I hated pre-draft isn't playing tangibly better than Mike Vick and that should give me reason to go out and sign him?

Nah thanks.


You ignored the main point that no QB regardless of how highly touted outside of Aaron Rodgers has put up dominant numbers behind a putrid Oline

And at least in Aaron Rodgers case they having moving release points with all the QB rollouts, something that Philly had in 2010 but abandoned the last couple of years


Kurt Warner did it in the desert. 3 times.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2358
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:


LOL, so a day 3 rookie I hated pre-draft isn't playing tangibly better than Mike Vick and that should give me reason to go out and sign him?

Nah thanks.


You ignored the main point that no QB regardless of how highly touted outside of Aaron Rodgers has put up dominant numbers behind a putrid Oline

And at least in Aaron Rodgers case they having moving release points with all the QB rollouts, something that Philly had in 2010 but abandoned the last couple of years


Kurt Warner did it in the desert. 3 times.

And that's because an insanely quick release is more valuable than being mobile!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:


LOL, so a day 3 rookie I hated pre-draft isn't playing tangibly better than Mike Vick and that should give me reason to go out and sign him?

Nah thanks.


You ignored the main point that no QB regardless of how highly touted outside of Aaron Rodgers has put up dominant numbers behind a putrid Oline

And at least in Aaron Rodgers case they having moving release points with all the QB rollouts, something that Philly had in 2010 but abandoned the last couple of years


Kurt Warner did it in the desert. 3 times.

And that's because an insanely quick release is more valuable than being mobile!


100% correct. Pocket navigation as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Kolb in 2012, 8 TD 3 INT
All other QB's in 2012, 2 TD, 17 INT.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Kevin Kolb in 2012, 8 TD 3 INT
All other QB's in 2012, 2 TD, 17 INT.

Holy crap. That's insane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:

Kurt Warner did it in the desert. 3 times.


1)Im sure not every pass play you had was 5-7 step dropbacks either, and it helps having a receiver who can go up and get it as well in Larry Fitzgerald

2)Is Kurt Warner available in free agency?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group