Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Realistic QB options in no patricular order.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Chip is going to Philly. Money & Shady McCoy.

Chip Kelly probably wants a QB who has a little mobility

Nick Foles is slow as molasses despite the shocking TD run he had vs the Bucs

Nick Foles runs as fast as an offensive tackle
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're aiming for Michaal Vick, we're aiming awfully low. And in 3 years when he's ready to retire (Assuming he makes it that long), we're back where we started.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
If we're aiming for Michaal Vick, we're aiming awfully low. And in 3 years when he's ready to retire (Assuming he makes it that long), we're back where we started.

This team NEEDS a rookie QB to pan out for the first time since Jake Plummer, Neil Lomax or Jim Hart.

No more free agents, bandaids etc etc.

Find a QB in the 1st or 2nd that fits what you want to do and make it work. Work toward his strengths, improve the blocking upfront and find a healthy ball carrier.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Chip is going to Philly. Money & Shady McCoy.
TBH Chip seems more like a small market guy the more I think about it. He doesn't like press and going to Philly or NY would be nothing but press.

AZ, TB, TN, etc seem more his type IMO.

Sig bet
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Best case scenario for Vick is another 5 years. He's an athletic freak of nature so even with a decline, Vick at 37 could be just as athletic as a Kaepernick or Russell Wilson at 27

You are not that far away as a team if you continue to build on defense and bring in an innovative mind like Chip Kelly on offense
Cusi10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
I'll take Max Hall with 3 inches and a good arm. I have yet to see anything convincing that Barkley's arm is average or below. Seen 50+ with velocity in a stand still. His arm strength is one of the last things I'd worry about.

If you have any tangible evidence that Barkley has ever thrown 50+ yards down the field "standing still", I'd love to see it.

You can convince yourself of whatever you like. Barkley's average to below average in this department and cannot make all the throws in our route tree. I'd love it if he could (I'm not actively looking for less QB options for this team, I'd be ticked pink if Barkley was good enough to make it) but he can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ySN3hP0QQ

there you go champ watch the accuracy in the beginning then around the 1:20 mark barkley drops a nice bomb standing still.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
I'll take Max Hall with 3 inches and a good arm. I have yet to see anything convincing that Barkley's arm is average or below. Seen 50+ with velocity in a stand still. His arm strength is one of the last things I'd worry about.

If you have any tangible evidence that Barkley has ever thrown 50+ yards down the field "standing still", I'd love to see it.

You can convince yourself of whatever you like. Barkley's average to below average in this department and cannot make all the throws in our route tree. I'd love it if he could (I'm not actively looking for less QB options for this team, I'd be ticked pink if Barkley was good enough to make it) but he can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ySN3hP0QQ

there you go champ watch the accuracy in the beginning then around the 1:20 mark barkley drops a nice bomb standing still.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do with this. A clip from 2009 of Barkley in shorts in some sort of skills challenge is...not relevant.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally with your guys O-Line, you'd need a QB with legs. Maybe you should try Tajh Boyd in the third round-fourth round range. I think he'd be pretty good fit in your system. Just spitballing.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
Personally with your guys O-Line, you'd need a QB with legs. Maybe you should try Tajh Boyd in the third round-fourth round range. I think he'd be pretty good fit in your system. Just spitballing.

No, No, No....No, Just....No.

1 - Boyd is a horrible QB prospect
2 - What system we are likely to have an entirely new offensive system in place next season.
3 - If it was this system then Boyd would be a horrible fit for it.
4 - Why do we need a QB with legs? Our OL as it stands now (Potter, Colledge, Sendlein/Ohrnberger/Wedige, Snyder, Massie over the last four weeks has a sack % allowed of around 6% that sits dead in the middle of the league.

Yeah we went through a four game stretch of allowing 29 sacks, that is not an accurate representation of this offensive line.

5 - Spit-balling is fine, but it helps to be in the right ballpark too.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2012/12/19/3785360/michael-vick-eagles-contract-starting-job-2013-free-agent

Vick believes he's got 4 more years left in the tank

And with the new technology in the rib protection and helmet department that he could be dawning, he could very well have that amount of time left

If you're Vick, the Cardinals should be high on your list with Fitzgerald and a defense with potential

And if you're Arizona, Vick should be at the top of your list given the alternatives

Vick's upside is significantly higher than Alex Smith's
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
http://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2012/12/19/3785360/michael-vick-eagles-contract-starting-job-2013-free-agent

And with the new technology in the rib protection and helmet department that he could be dawning, he could very well have that amount of time left

If you're Vick, the Cardinals should be high on your list with Fitzgerald and a defense with potential

And if you're Arizona, Vick should be at the top of your list given the alternatives

Perhaps but Vick will turn the ball over a ton. Not only will he throw an interception about every game but he'll probably fumble about every game as well. He's very careless with the football.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
BBIB wrote:

Perhaps but Vick will turn the ball over a ton. Not only will he throw an interception about every game but he'll probably fumble about every game as well. He's very careless with the football.

And right now the Cardinals need someone who is going to move the ball a little bit, score 20 points, not hurt the team (I.E don't turn the ball over) and let the defense with this team football games.

x0x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted Vick three years ago no?

Somebody find my posts on the subject.

Too late now, lets make a blockbuster for Freeman or pick up Flacco if possible.

Tebow can't be brought in alone.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
I wanted Vick three years ago no?

Somebody find my posts on the subject.

Too late now, lets make a blockbuster for Freeman or pick up Flacco if possible.

Tebow can't be brought in alone.

Why go for a blockbuster and get either of those players. If you are going to try and create a blockbuster move you don't do it to pick up an average to above average QB.

For what it would cost you for either of those two QB's you could get yourself Geno Smith in the draft, and if Arizona stays put a guy like Tyler Wilson is going to likely be available. IF that is the way to go.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would our top 10 pick be worth Phillip Rivers? 31 years old and declining with 3/45 left on his contract... But still a massive upgrade.

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: