Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Realistic QB options in no patricular order.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Kurt Warner did it in the desert. 3 times.

1)Im sure not every pass play you had was 5-7 step dropbacks either, and it helps having a receiver who can go up and get it as well in Larry Fitzgerald

2)Is Kurt Warner available in free agency?

1. Which is a playcalling issue, not an offensive line issue. That type of playcalling does not play into the strength's of Michael Vick either.
2. There are lots of guys who can do what Kurt did here available in April.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

1)Im sure not every pass play you had was 5-7 step dropbacks either, and it helps having a receiver who can go up and get it as well in Larry Fitzgerald

You've mistakenly assigned the bolded quote to me...though I see Champ has responded to this. Honest mistake, I'm sure, since you & I had gone round & round on Vick when you pitched him to the Bills.

Understand this: it's not how I think Vick fits or not into a system that matters to me, I just don't like him period due to his age, his skill set, & and his injury history coupled with his likely pay. That's what makes me want to say NO THANKS to him. Like him all you want, I don't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

1. Which is a playcalling issue, not an offensive line issue. That type of playcalling does not play into the strength's of Michael Vick either.

who in your opinion is available in april that can do what kurt did?
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Nobody right away but maybe in time. Kurt's pre-snap reads and pocket awareness were incredible. Those tools come with experience. In terms of personality I think Wilson & Warner are similar. Both are very competitive/fiery but don't let it get the best of him.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Kurt Warner was a fringe HOFer. The chances of landing a guy like that in the draft are not exactly high

The media is putting so much emphasis on LUck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson and ignoring the fact that these guys are BY FAR the exception to the rule when it comes to the draft. Out of the top two QBs taken in the draft more often than not, those guys don't live up to expectations

In fact it's so bad that Vick a guy who's made the pro Bowl 4 times is actually in the exception to the rule category as far as success.

There's a reason why teams are drafting QBs every year in the draft, because most of them don't pan out to be long time starters, let alone stars
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Can do what Kurt did in Arizona; Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith both have the ability to. In his four years here Kurt was great, but he was not out of the world elite.

In his three seasons here under Whis his TD:INT ratio was less than 2:1 and his overall QBR was less than 95. He threw at least 14 picks in each of his three seasons starting here, but he threw at least 26 TD's in each too.

Where Kurt really shone through was the playoffs, same thing as he had done in St Louis.

I mean his 6 playoff games in Arizona bought 16 TD's to 4 INT's and ~1750 yards.

Take Kurt's regular seasons in Arizona and put them in a historical context and they are not all that impressive, his postseason accomplishments are what separates him from the pack.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Plucky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we've had a fair share of plug and chug qb's but what do you all think about bringing in carson palmer this year if he gets cut? I think he had a fairly good season in oakland with considerably less talent.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer would be a nice stop gap, but not more than 2 - 3 years.

We have more WR talent than Oak, though or RBs and OL are inferior IMO.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Palmer would be a nice stop gap, but not more than 2 - 3 years.

We have more WR talent than Oak, though or RBs and OL are inferior IMO.

Not so sure about the OL part. Ours has been better during the second part of the season. Raider fans are pretty high on Veldheer but the rest of their OL is horrible.

If we could get Palmer for a 3rd or 4th it would be hard to pass on. Grab Warmack and a Tackle in the 2nd.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer will get cut, dont give away our picks just yet Dez.

If we are going Palmer then, grab Bray in the 3rd, he can sit behind a pro's pro for a year or two then take over.

His size is good, needs a little work on footwork and to grow up
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they'd cut him a year after trading the house for him. They'll take a cap hit whether he's traded or released so they might as well get a pick for him. Raiders don't have a 2nd round pick this year.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
TheOleBallCoach

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the hoopla with Kolb's contract? Chances he'll be back?

I watched him some this year and thought he played pretty good football, all things considered.

AdoptASkin - Keiland Williams (Lions) - 57/195/2TD
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOleBallCoach wrote:

I watched him some this year and thought he played pretty good football, all things considered.

He played well enough in my eyes that he should be the QB next year even if they grabbed a rook in the 1st or 2nd round (with this QB class).

Signed a six-year, $63.5 million contract. The deal contains $12 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus and Kolb's first-year base salary. Annual $500,000 workout bonuses are available throughout the contract's life. 2012: $1 million (+ $7 million option bonus due 3/17), 2013: $9 million (+ $2 million roster bonus due in March), 2014-2016: $10 million, 2017: Free Agent

Also more broken down info: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/kevin-kolb/
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:

He played well enough in my eyes that he should be the QB next year even if they grabbed a rook in the 1st or 2nd round (with this QB class).

IF he restructures..
PacAttack04

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me ask. With the perceived weak QB class, such as Schefter stating that teams weren't exactly enamored with Geno Smith and Barkley, some sites such as NFL.com and National Football Post rating a guy like Mike Glennon higher than them, and Wilson having a relatively poor year in comparison to his jr. year, do you think theres a chance that the Chiefs would look to trade down with you guys for the #1 pick?

Looking at the Chiefs, they might not be inclined to take a QB as much as you guys might. As of right now, its a known fact that there will be a new coach and GM in Kansas City. However, if neither really rates any of the QBs that highly, would they really want to tie their success with the team, their entire tenure, with a guy they aren't high on? Say they rate Barkley higher than guys like Glennon or Smith, do they take a chance that they could trade up in the late first to get him? In essence, if they dont like the QB, do they tie their future to him because he was the #1 Overall Pick?

Whats different with the Cardinals is that Whisenhunt has an uncertain future. Its an unknown whether the team will retain him and Graves. It may be unlikely, but its an unknown as of right now compared to the Chiefs situation. So my question is, if they are retained, and there is a literal "you need to trade everything to get a QB" sense, what would you say are the odds that they go all in and trade up for the #1 pick, ensuring they get their QB, not matter what grade they have on him?

Obviously, it might change if you have a new GM and coach. But there is still the "full court press" for a QB sense with this team that the new GM at least knows that the owner expects a QB day one and that he needs to make a big splash for the QB spot right away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: