Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is the starting QB 2013?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be our starter 2013?
Blaine Gabbert
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Chad Henne
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Rookie
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Who is the starting QB 2013? Reply with quote

QB, while not the biggest need, is a huge question mark right now and for next year.
Who do see being the starting QB next season?
Blaine Gabbert?

Chad Henne?

Or maybe a rookie:
Geno Smith (unlikely if we have the number two pick)

Tyler Wilson?

Other?

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
sadjag

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about bringing in Matt Flynn somehow and giving him a shot?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
What do you guys think about bringing in Matt Flynn somehow and giving him a shot?

No thank you. Don't think he'd beat out Henne or Gabbert. Would be a waste of a signing.

#JDI
sadjag

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
sadjag wrote:

No thank you. Don't think he'd beat out Henne or Gabbert. Would be a waste of a signing.
I'm not sure if you're underselling Flynn Or I'm underselling Henne. With this years QB crop I don't think it would be a bad idea too bring in a competent guy who has potential. At best He's a franchise QB at worst He's a quality Backup.

The other side of the equation is how precarious Henne's starting job is. At some point next year I can almost guarantee there will be a time when we really wish we had someone else under center. So basically I'm saying it might be a good idea to bring Flynn in for the same reason we brought Henne in.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
sadjag wrote:

I'm not sure if you're underselling Flynn Or I'm underselling Henne. With this years QB crop I don't think it would be a bad idea too bring in a competent guy who has potential. At best He's a franchise QB at worst He's a quality Backup.

The other side of the equation is how precarious Henne's starting job is. At some point next year I can almost guarantee there will be a time when we really wish we had someone else under center. So basically I'm saying it might be a good idea to bring Flynn in for the same reason we brought Henne in.

Probably a little bit of both, haha.
Flynn is living off of one good game. Henne has had games as good as Flynn's, and has also proven that he can be at least a serviceable starting QB.
Who we bring in at QB in FA and in the draft all depends on how Henne finishes out. If he finishes strong, I can see MM staying and us not selecting a QB till round 3. Not saying that's a good thing, that's just what I think COULD happen.

#JDI
sadjag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if Barkley is still there at #33-34? I haven't put a ton of time watching him this year but obviously im aware of his downfall. But a jaguars draft that begins with Star/Jarvis/Moore followed by Barkley might not be too bad if Mularkey likes him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
What if Barkley is still there at #33-34? I haven't put a ton of time watching him this year but obviously im aware of his downfall. But a jaguars draft that begins with Star/Jarvis/Moore followed by Barkley might not be too bad if Mularkey likes him.
Quarterbacks that get hyped up as potential #1 (or top 5) picks and then fall down draft boards typically always fail in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers is the only exception I can think of, and he benefitted from an incredible situation that we wouldn't be able to recreate. If a player gets hyped up that much and falls, it usually points to a flaw in their game that cannot be fixed. Unless Barkley was worthy of a first round pick (I don't think he is), he wouldn't be someone I wanted to draft.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno throwing to Cecil and Blackmon? Yes please.

Geno will save us you guys. Believe.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tyler Wilson goes #1, it will be Eugene at 2.
This is a must if we get a new GM and Head Coach.
If we retain Gene and Mike and stay Chad will be the 2013 starter with the potential of a rookie push, I htink Gabbert is done here regardless.

#JDI
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
If Tyler Wilson goes #1, it will be Eugene at 2.
This is a must if we get a new GM and Head Coach.
If we retain Gene and Mike and stay Chad will be the 2013 starter with the potential of a rookie push, I htink Gabbert is done here regardless.

Any chance the Chiefs go with a guy like Luke Joeckel or are they dead set on a QB?

I just hope we start fresh with a new GM, HC and QB (Geno). Shad knows this is a passing league and you have to pass the ball to win. Maybe he'll bang the table for Geno. I can hope?

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we take Geno, look forward to a looot of growing pains year 1.
He's not NFL ready yet.

#JDI
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Even if we take Geno, look forward to a looot of growing pains year 1.
He's not NFL ready yet.
If the coaching staff isn't stupid, they can make him "NFL ready" by simplifying the playbook and slowly working him into the game all while working the offense to his strengths.

A large part of the reason that so many players at every position made a huge splash last year as rookies was because the lockout forced teams to go vanilla with schemes for those players. And it created phenomenal results. Newton wasn't polished or NFL ready either, remember. Everyone said he was going to take a long while to get acclimated to a NFL offense. And that turned out alright.

And if they have to sit him behind Henne for a few weeks, do it. I don't want to see them pull the trigger before he's ready.

- Best since day one -
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets be real, if we take Geno at 1 or 2, he's playing immediately.

I'd rather him take his lumps and learn from his mistakes his rookie season than sit him on the bench. Look at Blaine, I don't think his pocket presence would have been better his 2nd year if he didn't play his rookie season. Just my opinion.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Lets be real, if we take Geno at 1 or 2, he's playing immediately.

I'd rather him take his lumps and learn from his mistakes his rookie season than sit him on the bench. Look at Blaine, I don't think his pocket presence would have been better his 2nd year if he didn't play his rookie season. Just my opinion.
Aaron Rodgers' pocket presence his first two years in Preseason was worse than Gabbert's, believe it or not. The light clicked his third Preseason, and by the time he became the starter, he had great pocket presence and his issues were all worked out.

I do agree that you should have the QB taking lumps, but I think you should also have them at a certain point in their progression before you just throw them out there. Throwing him out there like Blaine was thrown out there as a rookie does no one any good.

- Best since day one -
sadjag

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back and watched a little bit more of Geno.... he has "it" even in his bad games I always have the feeling that he's going too make things happen. He has the ability too put balls into such tight windows and he's already used too playing behind an awful o-line. He is used too having defenders in the backfield, stepping up and throwing lasers. He might not be a slam dunk prospect, I would love too see him do some 5-7 step drops.... but anyway he has some impressive tools certaintly.

I'm trying too not get excited though I don't see how KC could pass him up with their QB situation. Hopefully they grab someone in FA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: