You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is the starting QB 2013?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be our starter 2013?
Blaine Gabbert
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Chad Henne
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Rookie
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 8182
Location: 904
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teeeeEEEEbow whooahhhOOOAHH
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikeyfarley


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 4469
Location: floride
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
When have I EVER said Gabbert is good? In the post you quoted, wouldn't me saying it would have been beneficial to have gotten Luck or RGIII tipped that off?

And I'm sorry, but I don't use QB Rating to judge QBs. If that's how QBs were judged then Alex Smith would still be starting for the 49ers and they would have probably lost to the Patriots. Unless I'm mistaken, Alex Smith has the third highest QB Rating right now. Do you believe the third best QB in the league this year is currently sitting on the bench? Matt Moore had the 12th highest QB Rating last year. Was Matt Moore the 12th best QB last year?

I judge QBs based on what I see, not through whatever fallacy-induced "logic" that you seem to depend on.


Wow, you put the word fallacy in your post you must be one of those smart kids, lol.

Tebow has a much better TD to INT ratio, which I have been saying for multiple posts now but somehow you keep forgetting to address. He also has a better QB rating than Gabbert, more yards per attempt(by a full yard). But your opinion that you've made up holds more water somehow?

So you go by what you see, but you want to say 1 QB is clearly the worst in the NFL? So did you watch every game of every QB in the NFL in 2011? If not your credibility is shot.

I don't pretend to have seen every throw in the NFL and what I saw from Gabbert proves he was terrible. The passing stats back it up.

Every passing stat is taken into account in QB rating. It's a great way to judge a QB's efficiency, and yes Alex Smith was very efficient this year. However he didn't throw enough passes to qualify for the QB rating stat at the end of the season, so unless he plays and throws passes the last 2 games he won't count. Last year he was 9th in QB rating and he led his team to the playoffs, are you pretending Alex Smith is a failure the last 2 seasons? I guess you see all the 49er games don't you? lol

I'm sorry but your feelings while watching Gabbert don't change reality. He was the worst in the NFL last year. Pretending he wasn't is called being in denial.
_________________
scrimmage wrote:
Tebow just went PREIST MODE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
When have I EVER said Gabbert is good? In the post you quoted, wouldn't me saying it would have been beneficial to have gotten Luck or RGIII tipped that off?

And I'm sorry, but I don't use QB Rating to judge QBs. If that's how QBs were judged then Alex Smith would still be starting for the 49ers and they would have probably lost to the Patriots. Unless I'm mistaken, Alex Smith has the third highest QB Rating right now. Do you believe the third best QB in the league this year is currently sitting on the bench? Matt Moore had the 12th highest QB Rating last year. Was Matt Moore the 12th best QB last year?

I judge QBs based on what I see, not through whatever fallacy-induced "logic" that you seem to depend on.


Wow, you put the word fallacy in your post you must be one of those smart kids, lol.

Tebow has a much better TD to INT ratio, which I have been saying for multiple posts now but somehow you keep forgetting to address. He also has a better QB rating than Gabbert, more yards per attempt(by a full yard). But your opinion that you've made up holds more water somehow?

So you go by what you see, but you want to say 1 QB is clearly the worst in the NFL? So did you watch every game of every QB in the NFL in 2011? If not your credibility is shot.

I don't pretend to have seen every throw in the NFL and what I saw from Gabbert proves he was terrible. The passing stats back it up.

Every passing stat is taken into account in QB rating. It's a great way to judge a QB's efficiency, and yes Alex Smith was very efficient this year. However he didn't throw enough passes to qualify for the QB rating stat at the end of the season, so unless he plays and throws passes the last 2 games he won't count. Last year he was 9th in QB rating and he led his team to the playoffs, are you pretending Alex Smith is a failure the last 2 seasons? I guess you see all the 49er games don't you? lol

I'm sorry but your feelings while watching Gabbert don't change reality. He was the worst in the NFL last year. Pretending he wasn't is called being in denial.


Fallacy isn't some super word. If you are on this site, it should be in your vocabulary.

The rest of your post is just crap layered with crap. I do not need to see every pass by every QB to form a damn opinion. I do not need to watch the entirety of Tom Brady's career to know he is much better than Blaine Gabbert. I do not need to look at stats either.

I do not care what the TD:INT ratio is for Tim Tebow. His TD:INT ratio was low because he barely threw the ball and did not take chances. If you think that he was a more viable option as a starting QB last year than Blaine Gabbert then that is the definition of nonsensical.

Alex Smith does not qualify? Are you serious? How about we backtrack a few weeks. If QB Rating is this almighty statistic that definitely shows where a QB stands then PLEASE tell me WHY Jim Harbaugh replaced him with Colin Kaepernick? PLEASE tell me now WHY, despite a lower QB Rating than Alex Smith, Kaepernick is still starting? You still have not provided a valid explanation that supports the QB Rating as some statistic that we should put all our money behind and I don't expect one because there isn't one. Putting all your faith in a single statistic, especially one like QB Rating, is beyond stupid.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY FEELINGS. Holy freaking hell, how is this so hard for you to comprehend? This is not a lovefest for Blaine Gabbert. Curtis Painter and Tim Tebow are awful quarterbacks with terrible skillsets. For the love of everything, I want us to take a QB in the first three rounds in the draft, if not with our top two selection.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikeyfarley


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 4469
Location: floride
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
When have I EVER said Gabbert is good? In the post you quoted, wouldn't me saying it would have been beneficial to have gotten Luck or RGIII tipped that off?

And I'm sorry, but I don't use QB Rating to judge QBs. If that's how QBs were judged then Alex Smith would still be starting for the 49ers and they would have probably lost to the Patriots. Unless I'm mistaken, Alex Smith has the third highest QB Rating right now. Do you believe the third best QB in the league this year is currently sitting on the bench? Matt Moore had the 12th highest QB Rating last year. Was Matt Moore the 12th best QB last year?

I judge QBs based on what I see, not through whatever fallacy-induced "logic" that you seem to depend on.


Wow, you put the word fallacy in your post you must be one of those smart kids, lol.

Tebow has a much better TD to INT ratio, which I have been saying for multiple posts now but somehow you keep forgetting to address. He also has a better QB rating than Gabbert, more yards per attempt(by a full yard). But your opinion that you've made up holds more water somehow?

So you go by what you see, but you want to say 1 QB is clearly the worst in the NFL? So did you watch every game of every QB in the NFL in 2011? If not your credibility is shot.

I don't pretend to have seen every throw in the NFL and what I saw from Gabbert proves he was terrible. The passing stats back it up.

Every passing stat is taken into account in QB rating. It's a great way to judge a QB's efficiency, and yes Alex Smith was very efficient this year. However he didn't throw enough passes to qualify for the QB rating stat at the end of the season, so unless he plays and throws passes the last 2 games he won't count. Last year he was 9th in QB rating and he led his team to the playoffs, are you pretending Alex Smith is a failure the last 2 seasons? I guess you see all the 49er games don't you? lol

I'm sorry but your feelings while watching Gabbert don't change reality. He was the worst in the NFL last year. Pretending he wasn't is called being in denial.


Fallacy isn't some super word. If you are on this site, it should be in your vocabulary.

The rest of your post is just crap layered with crap. I do not need to see every pass by every QB to form a damn opinion. I do not need to watch the entirety of Tom Brady's career to know he is much better than Blaine Gabbert. I do not need to look at stats either.

I do not care what the TD:INT ratio is for Tim Tebow. His TD:INT ratio was low because he barely threw the ball and did not take chances. If you think that he was a more viable option as a starting QB last year than Blaine Gabbert then that is the definition of nonsensical.

Alex Smith does not qualify? Are you serious? How about we backtrack a few weeks. If QB Rating is this almighty statistic that definitely shows where a QB stands then PLEASE tell me WHY Jim Harbaugh replaced him with Colin Kaepernick? PLEASE tell me now WHY, despite a lower QB Rating than Alex Smith, Kaepernick is still starting? You still have not provided a valid explanation that supports the QB Rating as some statistic that we should put all our money behind and I don't expect one because there isn't one. Putting all your faith in a single statistic, especially one like QB Rating, is beyond stupid.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY FEELINGS. Holy freaking hell, how is this so hard for you to comprehend? This is not a lovefest for Blaine Gabbert. Curtis Painter and Tim Tebow are awful quarterbacks with terrible skillsets. For the love of everything, I want us to take a QB in the first three rounds in the draft, if not with our top two selection.



You don't care about any stats but you know Tebow was definitely worse than Gabbert last year. You go by what you see. You didn't see every QB play last year, but you're fine just clinging on to your assumptions. That makes a lot of sense. Did you even watch Tebow last year? How much did you watch Painter aside from when he played Jax?

The Broncos had one of the best redzone offenses in the league last year while the Jags were the complete opposite. But Tebow was terrible and Gabbert was better than him. Sure

Tebow threw as many TDs last year as Gabbert, but he did it with a lot less throws in less games. While also throwing less picks, rushing for more yards and TDs.

You're saying Tebow didn't take chances? Gabbert was the guy throwing dumpoff passes all the time, that's the only reason he was able to have over a 50% completion rating. Like I've already mentioned, Tebow had a higher yards per attempt than Gabbert had. Explain that away.

This has 100% to do with your feelings on Gabbert because you don't use anything else to rate QBs. You definitely want to come on here and talk a load of garbage about Tebow being the worst QB, but you don't have anything to back it up with other than your feelings.
_________________
scrimmage wrote:
Tebow just went PREIST MODE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I back up my opinions on all players with a vast assortment of criteria. Some of that is statistic-related, but I don't hang my hat purely on numbers - that is beyond dumb. It is not enough to know the numbers, you have to put them in context and figure out what they mean. As well, I pay attention to HOW players play. I saw plenty of Painter and Tebow last year. There's a reason that Tebow can't even play over Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy. There's a reason John Elway got rid of him after a playoff victory. If you actually watched the Broncos last year, you would have seen atrocious QB play on a weekly basis from Tebow and a team winning despite him.

I don't form opinions based on my feelings. I don't even feel strongly about Gabbert. If I did, why would I be okay with selecting Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson #1 or #2? Why would I wish that we had not drafted him in 2011 so we could have gotten Ryan Kerrigan, Torrey Smith, and either Andrew Luck or RGIII?

2011 Blaine Gabbert > 2011 Curtis Painter & 2011 Tim Tebow. I don't need a silly number like QB Rating to tell me that. I mean, Blaine Gabbert has a higher QB Rating than Andrew Luck this year. Would you rather have 2012 Blaine Gabbert or 2012 Andrew Luck? Was Matt Moore the 12th best QB last year? Why is the #3 QB in QB Rating, Alex Smith, not starting?
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slender1


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: QB? Reply with quote

The biggest bargain in QB's would be getting Vince Young's psychological problem fixed. Coaches know he has the talent but they don't know whats blocking his success. Its deep and only a Dr. in that discipline can fix it. It has to do with his formative years. Clear that up and Vince Young will tear the NFL up. Even now he has more victories under his belt than losses (even with that health challenge)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 27986
Location: KILL ME
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: QB? Reply with quote

slender1 wrote:
The biggest bargain in QB's would be getting Vince Young's psychological problem fixed. Coaches know he has the talent but they don't know whats blocking his success. Its deep and only a Dr. in that discipline can fix it. It has to do with his formative years. Clear that up and Vince Young will tear the NFL up. Even now he has more victories under his belt than losses (even with that health challenge)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no I don't want Vince Young here.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: QB? Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
slender1 wrote:
The biggest bargain in QB's would be getting Vince Young's psychological problem fixed. Coaches know he has the talent but they don't know whats blocking his success. Its deep and only a Dr. in that discipline can fix it. It has to do with his formative years. Clear that up and Vince Young will tear the NFL up. Even now he has more victories under his belt than losses (even with that health challenge)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no I don't want Vince Young here.


Are you sure? His 2010 QB Rating was pretty high bro. May be worth a shot.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 27986
Location: KILL ME
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: QB? Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
slender1 wrote:
The biggest bargain in QB's would be getting Vince Young's psychological problem fixed. Coaches know he has the talent but they don't know whats blocking his success. Its deep and only a Dr. in that discipline can fix it. It has to do with his formative years. Clear that up and Vince Young will tear the NFL up. Even now he has more victories under his belt than losses (even with that health challenge)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no I don't want Vince Young here.


Are you sure? His 2010 QB Rating was pretty high bro. May be worth a shot.

Well, if the stats say it........
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: QB? Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
slender1 wrote:
The biggest bargain in QB's would be getting Vince Young's psychological problem fixed. Coaches know he has the talent but they don't know whats blocking his success. Its deep and only a Dr. in that discipline can fix it. It has to do with his formative years. Clear that up and Vince Young will tear the NFL up. Even now he has more victories under his belt than losses (even with that health challenge)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no I don't want Vince Young here.


Are you sure? His 2010 QB Rating was pretty high bro. May be worth a shot.

Well, if the stats say it........


You're letting your feelings get in the way bro.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 5206
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: QB? Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
slender1 wrote:
The biggest bargain in QB's would be getting Vince Young's psychological problem fixed. Coaches know he has the talent but they don't know whats blocking his success. Its deep and only a Dr. in that discipline can fix it. It has to do with his formative years. Clear that up and Vince Young will tear the NFL up. Even now he has more victories under his belt than losses (even with that health challenge)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no I don't want Vince Young here.


Are you sure? His 2010 QB Rating was pretty high bro. May be worth a shot.

Well, if the stats say it........


You're letting your feelings get in the way bro.


Feelings in the way? Sounds like a psychological problem. Only a Dr. in that discipline will be able to fix it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCTOR LANCE SWEETS WHERE ARE YOU
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 55990
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!
_________________

Live like you're down 3-1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you guys don't want Tebow how about Vick?

Vick could be instantly the most talented QB in a not so great division

ANd instead of throwing the ball 40 times a game he could be handing it off to MJD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Well if you guys don't want Tebow how about Vick?

Vick could be instantly the most talented QB in a not so great division

ANd instead of throwing the ball 40 times a game he could be handing it off to MJD.


Would I rather have crap or crap?

I'd rather have a rookie or Gabbert.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group