Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Jacobs suspended
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news for my boy, LMJ.

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 318 rush yds(7.6), 660 rec yds(13.2), 5 TDs
Tyner: 387 rush yds(4.4), 65 rec yds(7.2), 4 TDs
Freeman: 1050 rush yds(5.6), 106 rec yds(9.6), 16 TDs
coors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guy is just an idiot.. did he expect anything good to possibly come out of him pretty much taking a swipe at his current team while propping up his former team..? Brandon, we never expected you to be a smart guy, because you have never shown us a reason to think differently, but I guess we would have thought that you at least knew not to start something like this..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
So would he get a SB ring if they win? Laughing

The owners actually choose who gets super bowl rings and who doesn't. An owner, theoretically, could refuse to give a player who played in the Super Bowl a ring.

I didn't know that.
It must be different for baseball. Because even guys who get traded mid season get rings. For the baseball giants this year, milky got one after being suspended for roids too

new sig... sorry alex
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should work your [inappropriate/removed] off to get on the field instead of complaining about it all the effing time?

I see no fault on the 49ers side unless they guaranteed playing time to him in writing, and I doubt they did that.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
Maybe you should work your [inappropriate/removed] off to get on the field instead of complaining about it all the effing time?

I see no fault on the 49ers side unless they guaranteed playing time to him in writing, and I doubt they did that.

why does it have to be in writing? you do know there is such a thing as a verbal contract right?

whos to say he's not working his butt off? i agree that he has gone by this the wrong way, but if they promised him carries and he's not getting them, then he has a right to be pissed.

^Stone85 on the sig^
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
So would he get a SB ring if they win? Laughing

The owners actually choose who gets super bowl rings and who doesn't. An owner, theoretically, could refuse to give a player who played in the Super Bowl a ring.

I didn't know that.
It must be different for baseball. Because even guys who get traded mid season get rings. For the baseball giants this year, milky got one after being suspended for roids too

I thought the team voted not to give him a ring?
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:

why does it have to be in writing? you do know there is such a thing as a verbal contract right?

whos to say he's not working his butt off? i agree that he has gone by this the wrong way, but if they promised him carries and he's not getting them, then he has a right to be pissed.

Being pissed is one thing, but complaining on twitter over and over again, calling your out your bosses, and unwilling to play on special teams because he thinks he's to good for it. Sorry but this was necessary and I'm glad it happened.

^Kempes^
Malik

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just cut him? It's not like the 49ers need depth anywhere on their team.
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the niners signed him initially to get some info from the giants?

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Keleth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:

Because for the good of the team sometimes a players personal ego has to be curtailed.
Would they have been better with him carrying it ?
We'll never know but it is unlikely.

As for verbal contracts you're getting into a big mess of legalese there.
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Why not just cut him? It's not like the 49ers need depth anywhere on their team.

Because a team can pick him up and he will give that team information on the 49ers.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
Being pissed is one thing, but complaining on twitter over and over again, calling your out your bosses, and unwilling to play on special teams because he thinks he's to good for it. Sorry but this was necessary and I'm glad it happened.

When did he definitively call out his bosses? As for special teams, I don't think that he signed up for that if he's not playing it. Brandon was a complainer here on the Giants but he always did his job.

Whats the good of the team? Suspending a player that probably got promised playing time and really wants to play? And then not having the guts to cut him if you dont want to play him? So if you think he is unworthy of getting carries, then cut him.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
Because for the good of the team sometimes a players personal ego has to be curtailed.
Would they have been better with him carrying it ?
We'll never know but it is unlikely.

As for verbal contracts you're getting into a big mess of legalese there.

If you dont think player is going to help your team or play special teams teams, whats the good of keeping him on your roster?

He said he needed it in writing. Maybe to sue, but not to be angry.

^Stone85 on the sig^
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still don't get why the 49'ers brought this guy in

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:

When did he definitively call out his bosses? As for special teams, I don't think that he signed up for that if he's not playing it. Brandon was a complainer here on the Giants but he always did his job.

Whats the good of the team? Suspending a player that probably got promised playing time and really wants to play? And then not having the guts to cut him if you dont want to play him? So if you think he is unworthy of getting carries, then cut him.

Jacobs was never promised carries when he got here. The coaches had a very specific plan for him and let him know way ahead of time(way back when we signed him) that we were saving him for december and january when Gore started to get worn down. A few months ago he started whining on twitter and Jim reminded him that he was signed for a late season playoff push. Jacobs was never guaranteed squat and honestly the guy whined his way off this team.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: