Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How the Dolphins Should Approach the Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Water,

What do you see in Terrance Williams that makes him pop to you. I've been underwhelmed by him every single time I've watched Baylor.
He is the one WR i hope we do not draft
mountainpd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice read.

Levitre
Cox
Jennings

These are the 3 Free agents who I would like us to go get. Dreams can happen.

But saying that I would rather pick up a FA tackle rather than have to draft one. Too many holes.

Like your take on the TE class wouldn't mind a trade down and pick up Effert. Unless Werner or Moore are still on the board of course.

^^^Kempes^^^
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said we should get both. If we get Jennings then I'd like to draft another receiver in the 2nd or 3rd because of Jennings injury history and because Tanny needs all the help he can get. That said, if we don't get Jennings, Williams is my favorite to pick-up behind Allen who I think will go before our selection.

I've said why I like Williams more than the other possible 1st-2nd rounders besides Allen. Why don't you guys like him and who would you prefer to take?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with a WR corp next year of

1.Greg Jennings
2.Brian Hartline
3.Tavon Austin
4.Marlon Moore
5.Rishard Matthews
Slot.Devonne Bess
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ojmcduff wrote:
I'd be happy with a WR corp next year of

1.Greg Jennings
2.Brian Hartline
3.Tavon Austin
4.Marlon Moore
5.Rishard Matthews
Slot.Devonne Bess

Give me Zach Ertz with this group of receivers and I'm a very happy man.

Ertz has surpassed Eifert for me as my favorite TE of the class. But Eifert is a more complete player and therefore will likely go first in the late 20s.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step One - Fire Jeff Ireland

Step Two - Hire a GM that is willing to work with the Philosophy that Philbin is proposing for the direction of this team.

Step Three - Let Matt Moore, Brian Hartline and Chris Clemons walk.

Step Four - Retain Reggie Bush, Randy Starks and Sean Smith

Step Five - Offer Jake Long a 4 year deal that is largely back loaded. If he does not take a fair offer, then let him walk as well.

Step 6 - focus on giving pieces to Ryan Tannehill, such as o-linemen and wide outs and/or a TE that can take short catches and make big plays out of them.

Step 7 - be patient. Yes, I know, Dolphin fans have been patient for a long time. However, I generally like the direction Philbin has taken with this team and putting a winner together should take at least 3-4 years.
ojmcduff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why let our most productive WR walk? I understand he's not gonna put the team on his back but he's a decent #2 and a very solid #3.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ojmcduff wrote:
Why let our most productive WR walk? I understand he's not gonna put the team on his back but he's a decent #2 and a very solid #3.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
ojmcduff wrote:

Especially because at most he is going to make 5 million/per.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Mercury22

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he never, ever breaks tackles. He was THE featured WR this year and really only had one spectacular game and that was against one of the worst teams in the league. He is in no way a threat around the goal line. He is not a deep threat, and did I mention that he NEVER breaks tackles. He also is not a mismatch for anyone. As a result he will almost always be single covered and doesn't help our game planning. We need WR's and a TE that command double teams. Hartline will never be that guy. Why pay him as such?

Hartline has great hands and exceptional body control. I just don't think paying a guy that is not a difference maker in any way starter type money makes any sense. I have never been high on Hartline, and I realize I am in the minority. I just haven't seen anything from him that says gamebreaker and he plays in a position where we need that. In my mind, he is one of the starters that keeps us from winning. If he would #3 or #4 money at the WR position, then I would be in, but he will be paid like a starter and I don't view him as one.
Judson49

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Because he never, ever breaks tackles. He was THE featured WR this year and really only had one spectacular game and that was against one of the worst teams in the league. He is in no way a threat around the goal line. He is not a deep threat, and did I mention that he NEVER breaks tackles. He also is not a mismatch for anyone. As a result he will almost always be single covered and doesn't help our game planning. We need WR's and a TE that command double teams. Hartline will never be that guy. Why pay him as such?

Hartline has great hands and exceptional body control. I just don't think paying a guy that is not a difference maker in any way starter type money makes any sense. I have never been high on Hartline, and I realize I am in the minority. I just haven't seen anything from him that says gamebreaker and he plays in a position where we need that. In my mind, he is one of the starters that keeps us from winning. If he would #3 or #4 money at the WR position, then I would be in, but he will be paid like a starter and I don't view him as one.

Come on Merc, Hartline is a massive overachiever and has essentially done nothing but produce for the Dolphins when healthy and when given the opportunity. Hell, he has the single game receiving yards record for the franchise....in a road game...with a rookie QB....in an offense bereft of talent.

Brian Hartline is not one of the Dolphins problems. We need more Brian Hartline's on the roster.

If we do let him walk, I wonder what odds on him catching bucket loads of TD's from Tom Brady.
Mercury22

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judson49 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

Come on Merc, Hartline is a massive overachiever and has essentially done nothing but produce for the Dolphins when healthy and when given the opportunity. Hell, he has the single game receiving yards record for the franchise....in a road game...with a rookie QB....in an offense bereft of talent.

Brian Hartline is not one of the Dolphins problems. We need more Brian Hartline's on the roster.

If we do let him walk, I wonder what odds on him catching bucket loads of TD's from Tom Brady.

In four years Brian Hartline has 6 TD's. This year, as a full time starter he has one. I just don't see him as a difference maker, and in many ways, he limits us from developing someone else who might be. I know this is not a popular thing to say, and I know Hartline is a fan favorite, I just don't see what everyone else sees.
Judson49

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Judson49 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

In four years Brian Hartline has 6 TD's. This year, as a full time starter he has one. I just don't see him as a difference maker, and in many ways, he limits us from developing someone else who might be. I know this is not a popular thing to say, and I know Hartline is a fan favorite, I just don't see what everyone else sees.

You've seen our offense in those four years right???

We have no one to develop! As a great man once said "We have several 3,4 & 5 WR's, but not 1's and 2's".

Oh wait, it wasn't a great man at all. It was, well you know.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest football pet peeve is investing time and resources in developing players, and then letting them get away. Smith and Hartline are the main ones. They have flashed ability, and they have done everything asked of them. You reward those kind of players. Guys like Vontae Davis who had top 5 CB ability, and besides a 6 game stretch to start his sophomore season he had been average. You cut your losses there.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we get rid of Hartline?

I hope the Phins don't make a habit of dumping their best receiver and the end of each season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: