Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Kerrigan in the Soph Slump ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Is Kerrigan in the Soph Slump ? Reply with quote

Yeah, I understand he misses Orak and is getting double teamed more but he played with a high motor last year and now --just doesn't seem like the "extra" effort is there.. I specifically noted one play he went up against the Left tackle, he got into him and just kinda never gave effort to get off the block--almost looked like he was posturing for a holding call rather than finishing the play.
Maybe playing all the snaps on D is just wearing him down..maybe he needs some rest to be fresher later in the game.. We need him to put some pressure on the QB's.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. He has 40 tackles, 7 sacks, 1 Ff and 1 int in 13 games

Last year 16 games: 63 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 4 FF and 1 int

... Seems pretty similar to me. And this year he's been the focal point of offensive protection schemes all year. Last year he had the luxury of having Orakpo opposite him so he always saw 1 on 1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

... Seems pretty similar to me. And this year he's been the focal point of offensive protection schemes all year. Last year he had the luxury of having Orakpo opposite him so he always saw 1 on 1.

What about "pressures" ?? Is that stat you can find.. I just seem to be not seeing him near the QB as much .. Great stats you presented--guess I'm making a case that isn't there .. and I'm glad!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

What about "pressures" ?? Is that stat you can find.. I just seem to be not seeing him near the QB as much .. Great stats you presented--guess I'm making a case that isn't there .. and I'm glad!
i saw a stat or heard it on ESPN 980 when they were defending him against a similar question from a caller that his pressures were about the same as last year. I thought. Kerrigan is fine, Rob Jackson has proven to be a good reserve (eventhogh they fail to play him a lot on passing downs Confused )and Jarvis Jenkins is playing better as of late as I think he is finally over tearing his acl.

All these guys are fine. We are just missing our best pass rusher Orakpo and our starting Lde Carriker so pressure hasn't been as consistent. We get them back next year, and Meriweather back, then, add a better FS and a few better cbs, I think our defense is back to being top 15, possibly top 10.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is Kerrigan is more of a complimentary player to Orakpo. Kerrigan is an decent player right now but he needs to be more consistent however I'm thinking this is more of a "sweep it under the rug" type of season for this defense. Even though I dispise Jim Haslett I'm willing to see what he does with an influx of rookies and (hopefully) a talented safety like William Moore or Jairus Byrd.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

i saw a stat or heard it on ESPN 980 when they were defending him against a similar question from a caller that his pressures were about the same as last year. I thought. Kerrigan is fine, Rob Jackson has proven to be a good reserve (eventhogh they fail to play him a lot on passing downs Confused )and Jarvis Jenkins is playing better as of late as I think he is finally over tearing his acl.

All these guys are fine. We are just missing our best pass rusher and our starting Lde.

Yep, very pleased With Jackson--seems to be growing week by week and yes #99 The Ghost is starting to make plays ..I do see him make a tackle, push the pile back to the QB etc.. really glad to seeing him improving--all happeneing when we really need it ..
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

All these guys are fine. We are just missing our best pass rusher Orakpo and our starting Lde Carriker so pressure hasn't been as consistent. We get them back next year, and Meriweather back, then, add a better FS and a few better cbs, I think our defense is back to being top 15, possibly top 10.

Sweet sig buddy,Kerrigan is doing just fine but man oh man,I miss Rak! He is a legit difference maker. He makes everyone else better. We'd have A LOT more pressure if he was out there. Sad

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Sweet sig buddy,Kerrigan is doing just fine but man oh man,I miss Rak! He is a legit difference maker. He makes everyone else better. We'd have A LOT more pressure if he was out there. Sad
daboyle250 made it for me because the sign nazi woz said my sign that mike23md made was a few pixels too high. Laughing
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

He does get the attention of the offensive line, which is why we've seen more interior blitzes in the last 6 games or so. Try to keep the offensive line and RB focused on the interior rather than directing extra attention to Kerrigan.

He doesn't have the explosiveness of Von Miller or the strength of Aldon Smith, but he's well-rounded and his football intelligence will come in handy in the coming years.

Blknite01's masterpiece
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

daboyle250 made it for me because the sign nazi woz said my sign that mike23md made was a few pixels too high. Laughing

He said the same about mine. I can't tell. I don't know how to change it.

mike23md on the sig
Almm24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Me too, can someone resize? I'm a few pixels high.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

ill pm what he sent me about fixing it, or you could ask mike23md, Jeezy, daboyle250 do it for you.

Of course. You use your phone all the time also. Right?

It's only able to be done on a computer that I know of
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,i only use my phone to access the internet.

mike23md on the sig
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Yeah nice sig, man. I got the same message and just dumped mine. mike23md had done a real nice job on the one that I carried for over a year.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yeah nice sig, man. I got the same message and just dumped mine. mike23md had done a real nice job on the one that I carried for over a year.
daboyle250 did it for me. You can resize it. Ill send you how. Woz told me, but I decided I wanted a new one. Mike could probably do a new one or resize the old one if you asked. I like his work also

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: