Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you fire Ireland?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should S. Ross Fire Jeff Ireland?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 14 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 29

Pierrot35

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Would you fire Ireland? Reply with quote

The stadium once again will be sadly empty against the Jax and the roster lacks talent as we can see week in and week out.

If you were S. Ross would you pull the trigger and start fresh at the GM position?

I myself would fire Ireland as soon as the Jax game is over if they lose, and after the season if Miami wins this week.

I was all in with Parcells when he came in, but we can see clearly now that he lost his touch with personnel and management as well.

The end result is a boring team going nowhere with a well below average roster talent wise.

I have come to think that coaching squeezed every bit possible out of those rosters, and they get blamed for too much.

P.S. I added a poll in case Mr. Ross reads forums every now and then

Last edited by Pierrot35 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were king, Ireland would have been fired the moment he let Brandon Marshall go. So yes, please, by all means, fire him.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
If I were king, Ireland would have been fired the moment he let Brandon Marshall go. So yes, please, by all means, fire him.

This.

I can only wonder and speculate how having Brandon Marshall would've helped Tannehill this year.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Judson49

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a heartbeat. I don't trust him with those draft picks upcoming or to entice free agents to Miami. If there's a petition I'll sign.

It boggles my mind that we have an offense that effectively operates in a 15 yard box & Will Yeatman can be active but Michael Egnew somehow not. One wonders what other 3rd round treasure the Brandon Marshall trade will afford us.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:

If you were king I think you could have him set on fire....
Pierrot35

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a positive note I cannot believe that a smart business person (billionaire worth over 3B $$$$) like Ross will let attendance slip any further than it has already. He is there to make money isn't he? I am banking on that.

There is no way in hell you will be able to sell tickets next year unless you have some hope that we are heading in the right direction.

I do not see any sign of it right now as the team seems to be regressing while we were told that the most important think was how the team would progress as the year goes on.

I am also extremely worried about Tannehill lack of accuracy and pocket presence as we move forward. I just do not see the progress there either where it counts the most.
Daryl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go with this AGAIN! Anyway I voted NO and the reason is I dont think he has done as bad a job as he gets blamed for most of you just want to place blame and give the guy no credit whatsoever. I hated the Marhsall trade just like everyone else BUT I do believe he had more than enough reason to trade him. I can still remember Marshall blowing up at Chad Henne on the sideline in NE and then professing his love for Matt Moore because Moore would force the ball to him. I'm sorry but I do not want a player any player thats going to throw rocks at my new shinny toy (MY rookie QB) and possibly divide the team while undermining my new coach. We can sit here and say he would have been great for Tannehill but thats what was said about Henne to and the fact is we don't know that. Henne was no world beater BUT Marshall damn sure didn't help matters.

Ireland and Parcell got a roster full of Crap and they had to start from the ground and build this thing. Is it done No but it's well on its way AND if you change GMs now you start all over Im tired of that lets have some patients some conviction and some vision let him build it. Now having the right coach he has no excuses. Continuity and patients is what we need! Does he hit on every move No but who in the hell does? NO ONE instead of the doom n gloom out look how about all the positive things he's done? Like the UDFA he's brought in Like Finding CAM Wake who is probably on his way to his second Pro Bowl or signing Randy Starks maybe drafting Long, Reshad Jones, Hartline, Pouncey, and Finally finding a QB? IMO it just makes no sense to change directions all of a sudden when he is getting it right. Over half this forum wanted him to trade for Kyle Orton some even suggested giving up a second round pick He didn't and shouldn't have the guy is a career backup others where throwing temper tantrums because we didnt make a bigger offer to Mat Flynn who is good enough to collect splinters in Seattle let the man do his job! I understand its been along time since we mattered but changing directions every two or three years will only make it worse. This will be his second draft without Parcells let him work I was pleased with the last one as were many of you. So why change NOW?
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been a fan of Jeff Ireland he has done some things well like Pouncey and Wake. Frankly, I don't understand his drafting philosophy. We have consistent misses with second round picks and have yet to hit a homer with any mid to late round pick.

Throw in questions about why every year the offensive line still needs to be addressed and the secondary needs help.

At this point I'm neither for or against him. I just have a lot of questions of why he made or didn't make certain moves.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
I have never been a fan of Jeff Ireland he has done some things well like Pouncey and Wake. Frankly, I don't understand his drafting philosophy. We have consistent misses with second round picks and have yet to hit a homer with any mid to late round pick.

Throw in questions about why every year the offensive line still needs to be addressed and the secondary needs help.

At this point I'm neither for or against him. I just have a lot of questions of why he made or didn't make certain moves.

Not saying you're right or wrong because I honestly don't know either, but was Wake an Ireland move or Parcells? I also think that Reshad Jones/Chris Clemons are both decent value in the 5th round. Those are the only 2 that I can think of. Jones is turning out to be a very good young SS.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just keep firing decision makers, clearly that has worked well for the Dolphins in the last decade.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Let's just keep firing decision makers, clearly that has worked well for the Dolphins in the last decade.

Wait.....are you saying that there may be a correlation between the lack of achievement on the field and the lack of stability in the Front Office and Coaching position......

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

Wait.....are you saying that there may be a correlation between the lack of achievement on the field and the lack of stability in the Front Office and Coaching position......

Don't put words in my mouth! Wink

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a member here for a short time but have spent alot of time defending Ireland. I think we are somewhat headed in the right direction largely because i believe in Tannehill and the last thing i think this team needs right now is more change. We are set up cap wise if we make the right decisions and with extra picks. Here is the problem though that I must admit do i trust Ireland with those extra picks and what to me will be the biggest off season Miami has had in years being we have cap room and those extra picks and we need to get our QB some new toys. One season does not make a draft deemed a success or failure but if you take a hard long look at our 2012 rookie production on the field compared to the rest of the NFL teams and you will see by far we had the worst production of any team in the NFL. I by no means am saying it means this class in the long run was a failure and we all agree that Tannehill makes or breaks it but the class has been a huge disapointment huge. we basically have gotten nothing from rounds 2-7 this year.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about this, the more I'm pretty certain that I would fire Ireland, then instantly rehire him, just so I could get the satisfaction of firing him twice.

While I am all for finding some consistency, I don't want to be consistently mediocre. I would move on, but I doubt we will. I think Ireland will get more time. Tannehill has bought him a season or two more, is my guess. I just hope my guess is wrong.
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should change the title of the thread to "Should Stephen Ross fire himself?". In which case I vote an emphatic yes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: