Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB options for 2013
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

QB you would trade down for
Alex Smith-SF
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Michael Vick-PHI
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Matt Flynn-SEA
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Kirk Cousins-WAS
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Tim Tebow-NYJ
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brock Osweiler- DEN
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: QB options for 2013 Reply with quote

Obviously primary need is settling on a QB.
Problem is no college Qb has stepped up to justify the value of Top 10 pick let alone the #1 overall for this years draft.

If an offer for the #1 pick all with similar compensation value came from one of the teams associated with these QB's which would you be most interested in. (Realizing Denver is a very unlikely option but just threw it out there because potential of Osweiler may be higher than any Qb's available in this years draft.)

Also figuring that a possible late 1st or early 2nd Qb selection is a likelihood in this scenario.

...you have a forum resume?
Buckweath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith is easily worth the #1 overall pick. At this point, I don't believe you can't win a SB at all with any of the QBs you listed so the only good option is to draft the best QB prospect available with our 1st round pick.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still rather go with Geno but if i had to pick one of those QB's it would be Alex smith. He's essentially Cassel, but a lot better. He would provide the veteran leadership and he is the most known commodity. We could always hope Manziel comes out next year.
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
I would still rather go with Geno but if i had to pick one of those QB's it would be Alex smith. He's essentially Cassel, but a lot better. He would provide the veteran leadership and he is the most known commodity. We could always hope Manziel comes out next year.

Think back to the days of Alex Smith without Harbaugh. No no and no.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a none option. I actually like Smith but none of these options and draft choice accompanying them will make me trade down. I'm taking QB #1 overall if thats where we pick and rolling with Quinn/Stanzi as the back ups.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno.

Man would it suck to beat the Raiders next week and then have them take Geno in the draft.
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't trade for any of those guy. I don't care who is on the trading block. We need and have to draft a QB. No ifs, and, or buts about it.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean OP and I think about this every damn day. I really don't think there is a qb in this draft (unless T Wilson shows he played behind a bad line and no receiving threats) that's worth taking #1 or even #2. I think what we need to do at this point is take the BPA with our top 3 pick and then trade back up in the first to grab the qb that we want. If the qb gets taken prior to us moving up, then there's nothing we can do about that. Mike Vick - Hassleback - Alex Smith are all viable options I guess at this point in time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade for Alex Smith, but not #1 overall, even if I'm getting SF's 1st in return. That would be valuing Smith as like 2-3 1st round picks.

I would however trade our top of the round 4th rounder for him, to then give us flexibility should we not have a real good feel for a QB at #1 overall.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Buckweath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe there are Chiefs fans who have anything else in mind than to draft the best Qb prospect at #1 overall.... Clearly some of you are as bad at analyzing football as Romeo at coaching. IT has to be a Qb at #1, no ifs, buts, it has to be.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckweath wrote:
Can't believe there are Chiefs fans who have anything else in mind than to draft the best Qb prospect at #1 overall.... Clearly some of you are as bad at analyzing football as Romeo at coaching. IT has to be a Qb at #1, no ifs, buts, it has to be.

If there are no qbs worth drafting then why waste 5-6 years with him?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Buckweath wrote:

Imo people are moreso caught in the fact that there's not a Luck or RG3. There are very talented prospects coming out this year and unless they destroy themselves at the combine I don't see why we should just flat out pass on a guy like say Geno because we're haggling over the matter of a handful of spots. Our biggest flaw on this team is Qb so Imo that only reinforces my mindset that I'm willing to take a top 10 Qb in the top 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
EB29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Buckweath wrote:

Why would a bad QB get 5 years?

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Buckweath wrote:

Why would a bad QB get 5 years?

Ask Mark Sanchez.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco just lost his o-coordinator. He wasn't very happy when they fired Zorn a few years ago, I assume he won't like this change either given the fact that one of the reasons cited for Cam's dismissal was Flacco's lack of development. He will be a FA at the end of the season.

He's better than Cassel. Low bar, I know, but maybe we sign him AND draft a qb. OMG crazy!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: