Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cam Cameron has been fired; Jim Caldwell interim OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I understand Pollard losing it, I mean he's used to expecting nothing less than elite defense and this sesaon HAS to be frustrating for him, among everyone else.

He's used to an elite defense? He's only been on one his entire career and that was last year Laughing

He's among the last ones that would have some sort of "right" to complain like he did even if such a right existed.

I'm just saying since he's been here there's a certain level of defense that's expected, and that's what he's used to seeing from us and since it's not there anymore it frustrates him.

I, for one, have no problem with him going off because quite frankly what else can he do? The defense sucks, there's no two ways around it. When you allow Batch to beat you, and then Cousins to beat you, there's something BADLY wrong.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I'm just saying since he's been here there's a certain level of defense that's expected, and that's what he's used to seeing from us and since it's not there anymore it frustrates him.

I, for one, have no problem with him going off because quite frankly what else can he do? The defense sucks, there's no two ways around it. When you allow Batch to beat you, and then Cousins to beat you, there's something BADLY wrong.
If you're frustrated, do something productive about it, instead of just lashing out at your teammates and coaches. I don't think that episode is really a big deal or anything, heat of the moment and whatnot, but I don't exactly agree that being frustrated is carte blanche for being a jackass.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If you're frustrated, do something productive about it, instead of just lashing out at your teammates and coaches. I don't think that episode is really a big deal or anything, heat of the moment and whatnot, but I don't exactly agree that being frustrated is carte blanche for being a jackass.

I mean, and yeah that's what I think about it. I think a lot of frustrations just hit the boiling point after that game and what happened was just the result of a lot of emotions at that point.

Not a big deal, IMO.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I understand Pollard losing it, I mean he's used to expecting nothing less than elite defense and this sesaon HAS to be frustrating for him, among everyone else.

He's used to an elite defense? He's only been on one his entire career and that was last year Laughing

He's among the last ones that would have some sort of "right" to complain like he did even if such a right existed.

Being frustrated is completely fine.

Acting in the manner in which it was reported he did? One that could cause issues in the locker room? That is not tolerable and if he did so, needs to be reprimanded behind closed doors, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jim Caldwell or whoever you use is smart and wants to beat Denver, he'll do the following.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Be ready for a healthy dose of this:

Hey diddle diddle
Ray Rice up the middle

It just so happens our worst defensive players are our NT (Justin Bannan, who I know you're familiar with) and our MLB (Keith Brooking. He's turrible. D.J. Williams should play MLB.)
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
If Jim Caldwell or whoever you use is smart and wants to beat Denver, he'll do the following.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Hey diddle diddle
Ray Rice up the middle

It just so happens our worst defensive players are our NT (Justin Bannan, who I know you're familiar with) and our MLB (Keith Brooking. He's turrible. D.J. Williams should play MLB.)

I can't even speculate as to how our offense is going to be run against you guys. All I can say is that Ray Rice will probably get the bulk of offensive touches now that Cam is gone.

Looks like Elvis Dumervil is gonna have to put his big boy pants on and defend the run Smile

BlaqOptic wrote:
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Jim caldwell said current plan for him as oc is to call game from booth and relay to receivers coach jim hostler

I'm not sure how big of a deal this is but I prefer coordinators to call plays from the booth. It just seems like they would be able to observe the field better from there instead of the sidelines.

Another thing to think about with a potentially new OC coming in (if Caldwell doesn't get the job next season) is what's going to happen to the offensive positional coaches. To be honest the only guys I would be upset with them letting go are Harman (TEs) and Montgomery (RBs).
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Jim caldwell said current plan for him as oc is to call game from booth and relay to receivers coach jim hostler

I'm not sure how big of a deal this is but I prefer coordinators to call plays from the booth. It just seems like they would be able to observe the field better from there instead of the sidelines.

Another thing to think about with a potentially new OC coming in (if Caldwell doesn't get the job next season) is what's going to happen to the offensive positional coaches. To be honest the only guys I would be upset with them letting go are Harman (TEs) and Montgomery (RBs).

Good. I like the fact that he'll remain in the booth. He's been in Flacco's ear after every drive to this point... so I'd like that to continue. And like you said, he'd get the best view of defensive coverages up there- which means he'll have the best opportunity to recognize what they're doing and make adjustments accordingly. But with him on the field, there's a chance that he gets caught up in the on-field-drama aspect and lose sight of any patterns in the defensive gameplans. And we already know that it seems as if Pees has really benefited from being in the booth this season as he at least looks below average as a coordinator, but not horribad like to start the season.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Hey diddle diddle
Ray Rice up the middle

I can't even speculate as to how our offense is going to be run against you guys. All I can say is that Ray Rice will probably get the bulk of offensive touches now that Cam is gone.

Looks like Elvis Dumervil is gonna have to put his big boy pants on and defend the run Smile

LOLOLOLOL He hasn't done it in 6 years. My instincts tell me that he's probably not going to start this week. I've seen weirder things. We've been 2 gaping one of our DTs and made it so Doom is always on the weakside and and all he is assigned to is contain.

I swear, if Jim Caldwell has a brain of any sort. He will make Justin Bannan and Keith Brooking stop Ray Rice. And, for you guys anyway, it would be hilarious to watch.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: