Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cam Cameron has been fired; Jim Caldwell interim OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
I've been reading a few of articles on Cam Cameron's firing and I've found a couple of interesting things. One was this
Quote:
Following Sundayís loss to the Redskins, Bernard Pollard threw an epic tantrum that included direct insults to players and the coaching staff. He, along with others on the defensive side of the ball, had been continually frustrated all season with Cameronís insistence on running the no-huddle offense which, at times, did nothing more than brought the defense back on the field after a quick 3-and-out from Flacco and his troops.

http://wnst.net/top-story/crabs-n-beer/cam-is-gone-a-story-about-the-owner-flacco-and-locker-room-unrest/3/

I don't know this guys track record and whether he should be trusted, but if its true, then wow.

Quote:
John's decision was an accumulation of personal issues between Cameron, quarterback Joe Flacco and the rest of the coaching staff, team sources have indicated.

In short, Cameron is a control freak. He has been for years. Ask people who were in Miami when he served as Dolphins head coach for just one season (2007) and you'll hear stories about how it was actually easier for people in the building to deal with Nick Saban than Cameron.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--keeping-qb-joe-flacco-happy-meant-the-ravens-had-to-get-rid-of-coordinator-cam-cameron-180838938.html
Shocked Given Saban's reputation for being a control freak that pushes people, I cant imagine that someone who doesn't get the results that Saban has would be tolerated all that well.

Yep, I've been reading that Harbaugh/Cameron had a "heated exchange" on the field which continued into the locker room. Flacco's been frustrated and has said so for a few weeks, as has Rice -- apparently Bisciotti wanted Cam gone after the Pittsburgh game, etc.

Seems like he finally pushed the wrong buttons.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on the NFL Network today brought up a pertinent quote from Steve Bisciotti about Cam:

"I love our OC when he's under fire".

Now, that could be interpreted as Steve saying he thinks Cam copes well with pressure and has a 'we'll show them!' mentality. But it seems more likely now that he was saying what a lot of fans have been saying, that Cam only seems to call good games when his back is to the wall, and the team absolutely needs to produce.

I guess that was the mentality Steve and Ozzie wanted Cam to bring into all games, for the whole of the time the offense was on the field, and unfortunately we've just seem the same conservatism whenever the Ravens were on top, which has translated into two defeats in a row.

By the way, I love how certain media talking heads (the ones who have always jumped at the chance to criticise the Ravens) have already said that this has happened because Flacco is not as good as other people claim. It's a tenuous leap in logic, I guess, but when you're Jamie Dukes or Heath Evans, that's about as firm a grasp on logic as you'll ever have.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
I've been reading a few of articles on Cam Cameron's firing and I've found a couple of interesting things. One was this
Quote:
Following Sundayís loss to the Redskins, Bernard Pollard threw an epic tantrum that included direct insults to players and the coaching staff. He, along with others on the defensive side of the ball, had been continually frustrated all season with Cameronís insistence on running the no-huddle offense which, at times, did nothing more than brought the defense back on the field after a quick 3-and-out from Flacco and his troops.

http://wnst.net/top-story/crabs-n-beer/cam-is-gone-a-story-about-the-owner-flacco-and-locker-room-unrest/3/

I don't know this guys track record and whether he should be trusted, but if its true, then wow.

Quote:
John's decision was an accumulation of personal issues between Cameron, quarterback Joe Flacco and the rest of the coaching staff, team sources have indicated.

In short, Cameron is a control freak. He has been for years. Ask people who were in Miami when he served as Dolphins head coach for just one season (2007) and you'll hear stories about how it was actually easier for people in the building to deal with Nick Saban than Cameron.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--keeping-qb-joe-flacco-happy-meant-the-ravens-had-to-get-rid-of-coordinator-cam-cameron-180838938.html
Shocked Given Saban's reputation for being a control freak that pushes people, I cant imagine that someone who doesn't get the results that Saban has would be tolerated all that well.

Whoa, bad on Pollard. You never want to read that about a player (if true). I don't think there will be any serious ramifications from it but you never know with Harbaugh. To be honest he probably deserves some form of punishment. I just hope it wouldn't result in any loss of playing time on the field (yeah I know I'm a selfish and terrible person lol).

As for Cameron... pretty much exactly what we've heard/known all along. The part about Saban made me chuckle a bit though. It sounds like Cameron had a big negative effect on the locker room both in Miami and Baltimore.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Pollard losing it, I mean he's used to expecting nothing less than elite defense and this sesaon HAS to be frustrating for him, among everyone else.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I understand Pollard losing it, I mean he's used to expecting nothing less than elite defense and this sesaon HAS to be frustrating for him, among everyone else.

He's used to an elite defense? He's only been on one his entire career and that was last year Laughing

He's among the last ones that would have some sort of "right" to complain like he did even if such a right existed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Pollard cares about the success of this team.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJ Raven wrote:

I hate this sort of excuse. Do you not think the othe 52 guys on the roster don't care? Why is pollard the one who gets to act like this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

He's used to an elite defense? He's only been on one his entire career and that was last year Laughing

He's among the last ones that would have some sort of "right" to complain like he did even if such a right existed.

Yea pollard has mostly played on pretty crappy defenses.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at this Drew Forrestors post history. Guy just seems like another pessimistic fan and I can't see him having any good information. I'm sure he didn't pull it out of thin air but I could easily see it being sensationalized. This guy ain't no real journalist.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
NJ Raven wrote:

I hate this sort of excuse. Do you not think the othe 52 guys on the roster don't care? Why is pollard the one who gets to act like this?

For as much as we know, it doesn't seem like anyone else has stepped up as a vocal leader.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insulting other players and coaches doesn't really make him out to be a leader.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Some people need a kick in the pants instead of a pat on the shoulder. Now I'm not saying that's what he was doing, but this could end up working well. That's a huge "could" though... I didn't read the article, but did anyone step up and try to stop him?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

drd23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I am looking at this Drew Forrestors post history. Guy just seems like another pessimistic fan and I can't see him having any good information. I'm sure he didn't pull it out of thin air but I could easily see it being sensationalized. This guy ain't no real journalist.

Hence why I said that I wasn't sure on his track record. He claims to know people in the know and has a blog on a radio website, but that seems to be the extent of it. He certainly doesn't have a writing style consistent with a good journalist.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Some people need a kick in the pants instead of a pat on the shoulder. Now I'm not saying that's what he was doing, but this could end up working well. That's a huge "could" though... I didn't read the article, but did anyone step up and try to stop him?

Thats all there is in the article/blog post. Its not all that detailed in any aspect and most of it is him just hypothecising with a couple of interesting tidbits thrown in

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
You forgot the most important one.

Flacco - Brady

Now I think Flacco would do well in a system like that but not near the level Brady is able to operate that type of offense. More effective than than what the Ravens run now/under Cameron? Sure, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about seeing them "do it even better" than New England. No way.

Yeah, I thought that one went without saying Laughing

Like you said though, it'd be more effective than the Air Coryell offense run under Cam, no doubt.

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
The only thing you have to do to stop the Patriots offense is play disciplined assignment defense and don't miss tackles. They'll get humbled against the 49ers. Not enough big play ability.

If that's all you have to do, then why have they had so much success this season? Why didn't Houston do that last night? It's not as easy as you may think.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

We absolutely would, even though Boldin is a poor-man's Welker, Pitta is a poor-mans Hernandez, and we have no Gronk on our roster.

Like I said, I wasn't saying Pitta was as good as Hernandez or that Woodhead was as good as Rice I was merely giving everyone an idea on how/where the players would fit.

And no Gronk? Yeah, it really showed how vital he is to the offense last night.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

But it all comes back to the scheme and coaching. That system has been in place forever now in New England, and you also have to have a VERY good offensive line, something we don't have.

Moving to a fast paced New England offense would only help our offensive line because they wouldn't have to give Joe nearly as much time as they do now with all the long developing routes.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

But I do agree that Flacco would strive in Brady's offense, and he's shown that throughout his career that he can strive in a shotgun, no-huddle, quick passing attack that neutralizes the blitz.

Exactly.

And you know what? We should move to New England's 4-3 defensive scheme as well.

Just like their offense, the scheme they use suits our players much better than the one we use now, IMO.

Let's look at where our players could fit in New England's lineup.

LDE Suggs - Ninkovich
DT Ngata - Wilfork
DT Art Jones - Love
RDE Kruger - Jones
LB McClain/Ellerbe - Mayo
LB Lewis - Spikes
LB Upshaw - Hightower

Sorry for going off topic, btw, but I just couldn't resist.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
The only thing you have to do to stop the Patriots offense is play disciplined assignment defense and don't miss tackles. They'll get humbled against the 49ers. Not enough big play ability.

If that's all you have to do, then why have they had so much success this season? Why didn't Houston do that last night? It's not as easy as you may think.

Because the tackling in this league is terrible.

Wade Phillips sends the house leaving a bad secondary exposed and on top of that they can't tackle. I said all week the texans were going to get lit up. This week the 49ers will hold them to around 17-20.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: