Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ch8878 Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BNich0622

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Why are we even discussing Mingo at 3. Reggie is better than that. I just know he is.

After watching film and seeing his stat line, what is the infatuation with this kid?

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNich0622 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Why are we even discussing Mingo at 3. Reggie is better than that. I just know he is.

After watching film and seeing his stat line, what is the infatuation with this kid?

"Freak" athlete. 40 time?
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

He has an explosive first step, very athletic, and very strong, displays an understanding of leverage. He can set the edge In the run and is a natural pass rusher. I really think he will make an impact with whoever drafts him.

BNich0622

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

That doesn't produce on the field. If he can't make an impact against college competition what will he do against the best of the best?

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Pozzi wrote:
What in the hell is going on in here???

My thread is getting ruined Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Your thread was ruined when you had us select Mingo 3rd overall.

Laughing Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders4sho! wrote:
holyghost wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

He has an explosive first step, very athletic, and very strong, displays an understanding of leverage. He can set the edge In the run and is a natural pass rusher. I really think he will make an impact with whoever drafts him.

I don't know what you are seeing in him, but the bold part is not the case at all. He has a great first step and is athletic. He is not strong at all, at least not when applied to beating blockers. He has no leverage, he sets no edge, and his pass rush is easily defeated by competent blockers who have no problem riding him right off the play and into the sunset.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am extremely nervous that the Chiefs may opt to draft Joeckel 1st overall now that they have signed Reid who is adept at excelling with mid-round QBs. Whether or not you like Joeckel or not atm he is considered THE best prospect in the draft and could be a potential bargaining chip if nothing else. Without Joeckel the Raiders have FAR fewer options.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I am extremely nervous that the Chiefs may opt to draft Joeckel 1st overall now that they have signed Reid who is adept at excelling with mid-round QBs. Whether or not you like Joeckel or not atm he is considered THE best prospect in the draft and could be a potential bargaining chip if nothing else. Without Joeckel the Raiders have FAR fewer options.

He's adept at succeeding with mid-round quarterbacks? The last time I checked most of his success came with two quarterbacks that were selected in the top two. Reid had McNabb for most of his tenure in Philadelphia and then Michael Vick during his final few years.

Sometimes I wonder if most of you even think about what you're posting before you post it. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

He's adept at succeeding with mid-round quarterbacks? The last time I checked most of his success came with two quarterbacks that were selected in the top two. Reid had McNabb for most of his tenure in Philadelphia and then Michael Vick during his final few years.

Sometimes I wonder if most of you even think about what you're posting before you post it. Laughing

Yeah so Reid was never credited for getting something out of developing Feely and Kolb. Rolling Eyes Most even consider McNabb highly overrated and would not have succeeded sans Reid's "system".

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Yeah so Reid was never credited for getting something out of developing Feely and Kolb. Rolling Eyes Most even consider McNabb highly overrated and would not have succeeded sans Reid's "system".

What did he do exactly in terms of developing AJ Feeley or Kevin Kolb? Feely was a journeyman back up that had a chance to start in Miami and sucked. Kolb is an average back up that is having trouble beating out John Skeleton in Arizona. I wouldn't call Reid "adept" at excelling with mid-round quarterbacks with Feely and Kolb as your only two examples. If anything they prove that he needs an elite quarterback for his offense to be successful.

The bottom line is, Reid had two really talented and highly touted quarterbacks during his entire tenure with Philadelphia. You can say all you want about McNabb being "overrated" but he was still a six time pro bowler during his time with the Eagles and one of the best quarterbacks in the league during their great run.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

What did he do exactly in terms of developing AJ Feeley or Kevin Kolb? Feely was a journeyman back up that had a chance to start in Miami and sucked. Kolb is an average back up that is having trouble beating out John Skeleton in Arizona. I wouldn't call Reid "adept" at excelling with mid-round quarterbacks with Feely and Kolb as your only two examples. If anything they prove that he needs an elite quarterback for his offense to be successful.

The bottom line is, Reid had two really talented and highly touted quarterbacks during his entire tenure with Philadelphia. You can say all you want about McNabb being "overrated" but he was still a six time pro bowler during his time with the Eagles and one of the best quarterbacks in the league during their great run.

So McNabb, who also struggled once removed from Reid's system, is a "real talent" and "highly touted" but the same criteria doesn't apply to Feely and Kolb who were also eventually traded for assets. The point is is that Reid was able to acquire assets for garbage.

Bonez wrote:
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
So McNabb, who also struggled once removed from Reid's system, is a "real talent" and "highly touted" but the same criteria doesn't apply to Feely and Kolb who were also eventually traded for assets. The point is is that Reid was able to acquire assets for garbage.

Donavan McNabb's struggles were more so due to his injuries than not being in Reid's system. He got older and his body started to give out and that's why his numbers declined.

It doesn't apply to Feely or Kolb because neither of them did anything in Philadelphia while playing in Reid's system. Feely threw 6 touchdowns in his best year with Philadelphia, Kolb threw 7. McNabb had 6 pro-bowl appearances, lead the Eagles to 5 NFC Championship games, and a Super Bowl berth.

You said that "Reid was adept at succeeding with mid-round quarterbacks" not that he uses mid-round quarterbacks to acquire assets down the road. There's a difference. The only time his offense was successful was when he had a good quarterback which is why they're most likely going to select Geno Smith number one overall.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Geno Smith number one overall.

I can't see them not taking a QB with the first pick.

They have Eric Winston at RT and will most likely resign Branden Albert who is a decent LT. Joeckel isn't a good enough prospect to skip a QB for when your starter is Brady Quinn.

The Chiefs can have a quick turn-around if they hit on their draft picks. I wish we were in their position.

Last edited by macklemore on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Donavan McNabb's struggles were more so due to his injuries than not being in Reid's system. He got older and his body started to give out and that's why his numbers declined.

It doesn't apply to Feely or Kolb because neither of them did anything in Philadelphia while playing in Reid's system. Feely threw 6 touchdowns in his best year with Philadelphia, Kolb threw 7. McNabb had 6 pro-bowl appearances, lead the Eagles to 5 NFC Championship games, and a Super Bowl berth.

You said that "Reid was adept at succeeding with mid-round quarterbacks" not that he uses mid-round quarterbacks to acquire assets down the road. There's a difference. The only time his offense was successful was when he had a good quarterback which is why they're most likely going to select Geno Smith number one overall.

The consensus on McNabb is that he was a product of Reid's system, sorry. Wish McNabb "Good Luck" getting in the HoF. His absence will be more telling than the narrative you are trying to create.

Bonez wrote:
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
The consensus on McNabb is that he was a product of Reid's system, sorry. Wish McNabb "Good Luck" getting in the HoF. His absence will be more telling than the narrative you are trying to create.

Regardless of if McNabb makes the Hall of Fame or not he still had six career Pro Bowl appearances, took the Eagles to five NFC championship games, and a Super Bowl berth. He was also named the NFC player of the year and NFC offensive player of the year during his career. But because he played his entire career with the Eagles and was successful he was a product of "Reid's system." Laughing

He physically wasn't the same player towards the end of his Eagles career or during his stint with the Redskins or Vikings. He was older, slower, and his injuries had clearly taken a toll on his body.

You lose again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0ZnZxjn4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: