Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15: Washington Redskins @ Cleveland Browns
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Week 15: Washington Redskins @ Cleveland Browns Reply with quote

Vs.

Where:

The DAWG POUND

Time: 1:00pm

Weather: Few Showers, High of 41, Chance of Rain 30%.

Cleveland is riding a 3 game win streak while the Redskins are riding a 4 game wins streak. For Washington this is a must win game, and for Cleveland this is not so much a must win but a win for the team.

Cleveland finally has a coach to believe in with Pat Shurmur. And the Browns are having one of the better seasons they have had in a long time. Brandon Weeden may be a 29 year old rookie, but he is maturing fast in this offense and having the supplemental draftee of Josh Gordon as a speedy downfield threat helps the cause.

Trent Richardson has been no surprise of being the RB that he was expected to be. Having a decent OL with Alex Mack and Joe Thomas leading the blocking and protection schemes really makes the jobs of Richardson and Weeden easier.

On the other side of the ball, the defense of the Browns has a limited Pass Rush with 2 solid DT's and Sheard on the LE spot. Frostee Rucker is really lacking but with no solid depth at the DE position, the Browns are forced to go with Rucker. At the LB position in the middle is D'Qwell Jackson who is a solid MLB. Has a nose for the ball and is a solid tackler. Cleveland did draf two potential ILB's to play the ROLB spot in James Michael Johnson and Tank Carder. Kaluka Maiava holds down the LOLB spot.

Cleveland has really stepped up their secondary with Joe Haden and Sheldon Brown as the starting CB's. T.J. Ward is definitely someone to watch out for as the SS spot in run support. While Cleveland plays in a very tough conference with the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals all playing well, they are trying to make a name for themselves to become relevant.

This game is no different in their quest for that relevance.

Washington has a 4 game winning streak coming into this game with a come from behind win against the Ravens in OT. RG3 has been the highlight of the season for the Redskins, but with the late game heroics needed to help get the Redskins back into the Ravens game, RGIII sacrificed his body to get extra yardage, and while doing so, Hiloti Ngata layed a hit on RGIII that left RGIII hobbling off the field. Only to come back and complete a pass to Garcon and make things worse.

Kirk Cousins, a 4th round draft pick comes in and plays the savior for the Redskins buy completing a pass over the middle to Pierre Garcon and then another pass to Santana Moss. Then Cousins scrambles out of the pocket away from Kruger and loft a pass the the right short corner to a wide open Pierre Garcon for an 11 yard touchdown. Then Cousins completes a QB draw for a 2pt conversion. For Washington, rookies are getting it done.

Alfred Morris is 4th in the league in rushing and is a big part of the offense in Washington. The read option offense has really helped the play of Morris but with RGIII potentially out for the next game, how will the offense look with Kirk Cousins starting and the read option being taken out of play.

Defensively, the Redskins are battered in the secondary. There is a lot of heart being displayed on the field but the depth of players at certain positions is so thin and having players go down this late in the stage would be a tragic and possibly catastrophic collapse of the defense that has been much better in the 2nd half than the 1st half this season.

All this leads to this game, that some would say is a trap game, but merely is a contest between one team showing that it has improved and wants to keep improving and another team that is trying to make the playoffs.

This game can come down to the availability of one man.

If RGIII plays then the Skins should win.

Skins 31
Browns 20

If RGIII does not play, the game gets a bit closer.

Skins 21
Browns 20

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Last edited by mike23md on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trap game ,Skins 28,browns 24

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose this one. The secondary is terrible, Trent Richardson is good and we may see Kirk with his first start.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a big game. This is one we should win- even with Cousins (probably) having his first start. I hope we continue to rely heavily on the run game. We need to with Cousins being a rookie and this defensive secondary being as porous as it is.

Ground and pound- ball control will win us this game. If we try to air it out like Kyle did the previous two years with McNabb and then Rex- we lose.

I really think it is that simple.

Oh and of course turnovers will be a key in the game as they always are.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be an entirely different offense with Cousins. Morris can't rely on RG3 fakes to slow down the tacklers. Cousins won't be a run threat --I assume.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
It'll be an entirely different offense with Cousins. Morris can't rely on RG3 fakes to slow down the tacklers. Cousins won't be a run threat --I assume.
with Cousins our offense will look like it did in 2010 and 2011. Zone running (Morris is great at it), boot legs and play action off of the zone- stretch runs.

You won't see much (if any read option) and Zero triple option. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
with Cousins our offense will look like it did in 2010 and 2011. Zone running (Morris is great at it), boot legs and play action off of the zone- stretch runs.

Yes, you said it better than I --I just hope Morris can be as effective with this style .. Keep pressure off Cousins..
Man,,and think about this -- Shanny could like Cousins still as the back up and go with the old vet--Grossman. I wouldn't be shocked at all-experience over youth..Could be a VERY intersting week.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing we have going for us if Cousins starts is there's next to no film on how our offense would run with him at the helm. Could at the very least keep the Browns off balance and open some opportunities for us.

This is gonna be a tough test, Browns are not a bad team.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
One thing we have going for us if Cousins starts is there's next to no film on how our offense would run with him at the helm. Could at the very least keep the Browns off balance and open some opportunities for us.

This is gonna be a tough test, Browns are not a bad team.

I agree , another plus for Cousins ..He's played in more cold weather that RG3.. Weather could be a factor Sunday.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns are lacking outside pass rushers as Frostee Rucker is garbage and they are looking to upgrade his position in the draft. They are also in need of OLB's but the ILB spot is locked down with DQwell Jackson.

I think that our OL can handle the front 4 of the Browns and we can actually run the ball. That is going to be the key to the game, run the ball to set up the pass.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose this one. The secondary is terrible, Trent Richardson is good and we may see Kirk with his first start.

Keys to our winning the game:

1. Our LBers and line tackling TR (and keeping our secondary from being forced to play the run and tackle him). If the LBers can do a good job against the run, we have a chance

2. A heavy dose of Morris/Royster to take the pressure off Cousins and he can flourish if the secondary gives our WR a little space in the middle. And mistake-free football from our Rookie who wants to prove he can start.

3. INT Weeden. He can put up great numbers against us but if our secondary gambles the way they like to a couple INT's can win us the game
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Yes, you said it better than I --I just hope Morris can be as effective with this style .. Keep pressure off Cousins..
Man,,and think about this -- Shanny could like Cousins still as the back up and go with the old vet--Grossman. I wouldn't be shocked at all-experience over youth..Could be a VERY intersting week.
Morris and even Royster- if they use him to spell Morris some have proven they are very patient- one cut runners, and wait for the holes to open in the zone stretch play. That isn't changing.

Cousins is a pretty athletic guy. Far more athletic than Grossman was last year in this offense. Cousins will look good in the boot legs off the zone run action IMO.
braylonsHands

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
The Browns are lacking outside pass rushers as Frostee Rucker is garbage and they are looking to upgrade his position in the draft. They are also in need of OLB's but the ILB spot is locked down with DQwell Jackson.

I think that our OL can handle the front 4 of the Browns and we can actually run the ball. That is going to be the key to the game, run the ball to set up the pass.

Browns are tied for 7th in sacks and the Skins are 28th. Our Dline is fine, and although a pure pass rusher is what we may be looking for, our Dline is one of the better ones in the NFL. I think if RG3 was playing, the Browns could be in trouble and would most likely lose.

Let me remind you that the Browns with Haden have only lost 1-2 games all year. That suspension really hurt the team.

If RG3 doesn't play, I don't see the Skins winning this game if Shurmer does as well has he has over the past 5 games. The Browns are trapped in the best division in football.

Skipping over sleeper43 posts since 4/19/09
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

This was my whole point when I made the argument about us not using Rg3 like a regular QB. I understand he has a gift with his legs that other QB's don't have, but that doesn't mean we have to constantly put him at risk with using the Pistol/Option formations. Rg3 can throw the ball just as well as he run's so we really need to add some other things to offense b4 he is truly hurt and the Franchise is back in a whole at the QB position.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

braylonsHands wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Browns are tied for 7th in sacks and the Skins are 28th. Our Dline is fine, and although a pure pass rusher is what we may be looking for, our Dline is one of the better ones in the NFL. I think if RG3 was playing, the Browns could be in trouble and would most likely lose.

Let me remind you that the Browns with Haden have only lost 1-2 games all year. That suspension really hurt the team.

If RG3 doesn't play, I don't see the Skins winning this game if Shurmer does as well has he has over the past 5 games. The Browns are trapped in the best division in football.

Dont get me wrong, Sheard and Rubin are great players. Thomas helps to balance it out, but Frostee Rucker just not that good.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: