Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15: Washington Redskins @ Cleveland Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This screams trap game to me and I hope that's what it is. That being said I don't see Shanahan letting the team get too overconfident.

Redskins 28
Browns 24

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
braylonsHands

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
This has bad situation written all over it:
Arrow Coming off emotional win.
Arrow Engine of team injured.
Arrow Going to a town everyone thinks "we should roll them," ignoring the fact that Cleveland has been in almost every one of their games this year.
Arrow They've gotten hot of late.
Arrow Our defense is good for maybe one half before imploding.

Trent Richardson has a nose for the end zone, and the Browns feed him the rock a lot. That said, he's not an explosive back more of a grinder. Browns' fans, this is not say he can burst off long runs; more that his game seems more predicated on powering through the line.

It's Josh Gordon and Ben Watson I'm more concerned about. We cannot get to the QB and we have a hard time tackling and covering. I suspect Weeden will have a field day with us.

These are all really good points. Like I said before, if RG3 can't play, I find it hard to believe that the Skins will win.

Just some food for thought... Teams that are in the hunt tend to play harder than teams that are not. The Redskins were in the playoff hunt all year playing great football.

The Browns have been hot and cold giving away quite a few games. This is really the first week since Week 1 that the Browns really have something to play for even though it is a long shot.

One thing I love about this Browns team is that they play smash mouth football. Our D hits very hard and our O does not avoid contact at all.

Skipping over sleeper43 posts since 4/19/09
daboyle250

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good to see: This is RG3 at practice today!

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Your guys GDT is much different than the ones were used to.... We are used to shenanigans and boobs.... Not actual football talk... Not sure how much I like this Confused

It'll break down to drunken raging whether we're winning or losing soon enough.

Boobs?

I keep reading this term football... What is it?

Of course Browns fans don't know what football is! Wink
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Your guys GDT is much different than the ones were used to.... We are used to shenanigans and boobs.... Not actual football talk... Not sure how much I like this Confused

Boobs?

Please show boobs! Pray

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have faith in Kirk Cousins under Kyle Shanahan's guidance. Having said that, this defense is like margarine.

When it comes down to it, I see the Redskins squeaking out a win because of something we have yet to talk about: 2012 Senior Bowl.

We know that Shanahan spent a lot of time reviewing the 2012 QB class for 6+ months, and Kyle and Mike saw a full week of Weeden in Senior Bowl practices, and in the film room. They probably have a good read on what he can and cannot do well, and therefore this could be very helpful for the defense.

The run defense started off poor versus the Ravens, but generally it has been good. Whether they can handle T-Rich remains to be seen.

As for the offense, the interior line just showed that they could handle Ngata, so I figure Phil Taylor shouldn't have more of an impact. I have great respect for DQ, Ward and Haden, but if you can keep Ward and DQ focused on the run, there will be passing lanes, regardless of the QB.

This is going to be a tough game, but certainly winnable.

Blknite01's masterpiece
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
I have faith in Kirk Cousins under Kyle Shanahan's guidance. Having said that, this defense is like margarine.

When it comes down to it, I see the Redskins squeaking out a win because of something we have yet to talk about: 2012 Senior Bowl.

We know that Shanahan spent a lot of time reviewing the 2012 QB class for 6+ months, and Kyle and Mike saw a full week of Weeden in Senior Bowl practices, and in the film room. They probably have a good read on what he can and cannot do well, and therefore this could be very helpful for the defense.

The run defense started off poor versus the Ravens, but generally it has been good. Whether they can handle T-Rich remains to be seen.

As for the offense, the interior line just showed that they could handle Ngata, so I figure Phil Taylor shouldn't have more of an impact. I have great respect for DQ, Ward and Haden, but if you can keep Ward and DQ focused on the run, there will be passing lanes, regardless of the QB.

The Senior Bowl is a spectacular point I never thought about.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

Yep,, go to the head of the class--excellent point Applause
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Boobs?

Helping ... Question
TheOleBallCoach

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3's playing. I don't have the slightest doubt about it.

This smells like a dogfight to me, but I like the Skins to come out on top.

AdoptASkin - Keiland Williams (Lions) - 57/195/2TD
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our d will get 2-3 tournovers against the browns...

another 100+ yard game for morris as he closes in on Clintons record...

td passes to Moss, Garcon, and Darrel Young

28-17

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/orthopedic_surgeon_robert_griffin_iii_has_a_3_or_4_week_knee_injury/12415837

Quote:
Redskins.com Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Samuel Sanders told The Sports Reports on ESPN 980 in Washington D.C. that Robert Griffin III’s LCL sprain is a three or four-week injury. “My answer is going to be based on the report that he has a grade one LCL sprain and that the rest of the knee is OK,” said Dr. Sanders. “I haven’t had the ability to examine him or review the MRI. Generally the literature will say it’s a one to two week injury.

However, and I know fans don’t want to hear this but, generally in my opinion a three or four week injury. That doesn’t mean he won’t be able to play earlier. But, this generally takes about three to four weeks to heal.” I still believe Griffin will miss this week’s game against the Browns.
not good news coming from the Orthepic Surgeon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Boobs?

Please show boobs! Pray

Heard you loud and clear. Boobs. Check.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/orthopedic_surgeon_robert_griffin_iii_has_a_3_or_4_week_knee_injury/12415837

Quote:
Redskins.com Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Samuel Sanders told The Sports Reports on ESPN 980 in Washington D.C. that Robert Griffin III’s LCL sprain is a three or four-week injury. “My answer is going to be based on the report that he has a grade one LCL sprain and that the rest of the knee is OK,” said Dr. Sanders. “I haven’t had the ability to examine him or review the MRI. Generally the literature will say it’s a one to two week injury.

However, and I know fans don’t want to hear this but, generally in my opinion a three or four week injury. That doesn’t mean he won’t be able to play earlier. But, this generally takes about three to four weeks to heal.” I still believe Griffin will miss this week’s game against the Browns.

He is not Dr. James Andrews THE Orthopedic Surgeon that was on the sidelines checking out Griffin. That reviewed the MRI.

I dont care what this guy says. If Robert can go, he will. He played an entire half at Baylor with a torn ACL in 2009. If he can go he will go.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

He is not Dr. James Andrews THE Orthopedic Surgeon that was on the sidelines checking out Griffin. That reviewed the MRI.

I dont care what this guy says. If Robert can go, he will. He played an entire half at Baylor with a torn ACL in 2009. If he can go he will go.
Just saying its a concern...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 5 of 37

Jump to: