Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we had the #1 overall pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Legursky is not an NFL starter. You could get away with him starting at center if you had Larry Allen on one side and John Hannah on the other.

Legursky is a backup, nothing more.

If the Steelers' gave a crap about my opinion, we'd go:

Starks - DeCastro - Pouncey - Foster (Warmack) - Adams

Gilbert could be the swing tackle, and could have a shot at the RG position.
Legursky would be the backup Center and emergency OG. I'd retain Starks, send Colon packing, and slap the face of whatever incompetent moron made the decision to not only offer a long-term contract to Colon after his first trip to IR, but to EXTEND him after his SECOND trip to IR.

now, we'll let our best OL go because he's too expensive, and we'll need to hang that big fat sloppy 345-lb rectal albatross around our neck even longer as we extend his contract before he leads the NFL YET AGAIN in holding penalties and consecutive seasons on IR.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw footballsfuture's mock. They usually have terrible outlook on the draft itself but...

As soon I saw it... We might have to go with OL (Chase Warmack) for the BPA... How sad.

I'm okay with Jonathan Hankins, but he's a 3-4 DE in our system, don't know why people claim he's a NT.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Just saw footballsfuture's mock. They usually have terrible outlook on the draft itself but...

As soon I saw it... We might have to go with OL (Chase Warmack) for the BPA... How sad.

I'm okay with Jonathan Hankins, but he's a 3-4 DE in our system, don't know why people claim he's a NT.

Because he's never really lined up over the OC on defense. He's always lined up between the OG and OC.

J. Hankins is the best option moving forward on defense because he'll get push up the middle creating alley's for blitzers to occupy. Plus he's a 3 down NT.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:

Going back and forth on BPA, but Hankins would allow us to have Heyward and Hankins start on outside, with McLendon backing up. Then start Ta'amu and Fangupo on inside, with Hood on passing downs. I know both Ta'amu and Fangupo are totally unproven, but I think it could work. We do a lot of subpackages, which is what Hood would mostly be in. Starting to think a guy like Ziggy Ansah might be a better pick though, or possibly Okafor.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually Hankins is a 2-downs player. He plays hard to whistle, for his size he get fatigued easily. Honestly I have no complain really, but... I, like many Steelers fans are getting tired of investing the trench. I do understand it from financially and BPA perspective though.

This draft class is really rich in guards compared to past, so no teams will trade up to get Chase Warmack (there's Jonathan Cooper from UNC and Warford from Kentucky)

I personally rather Warford, who is a much more disciplined and better at pass-blocking version of Chris Kemoeatu (similar body and size).

You know I kept forgetting... Plaxico Burress is on this team. Now that I think of it, there is a good chance he's coming back at a cheap price and hopefully with a full off-season he will get some more extended playing time.

This might push WR pick to later.

However... I want an inside linebacker first, I'd rather fix the biggest problem then sub-issues (don't know if that's a word, it's NYE and I'm drunk). uhh, yeah I personally have Chase Thomas with a 1st round grade, only true knock on him is his mediocre athleticism. Like Connor Barwin. talent-wise he's really up there and we probably wouldn't be able to trade down so I hope we can find somebody to plug in the left guard (the position probably are widely open with Willie Colon likely to be on his way out eating skittles off the pavement, at least I hope).

My quickest mock would look like this...

1st) Jonathan Hankins, DL, Ohio State.

2nd). Chase Thomas, ILB, Stanford.

3rd). Jordan Reed, TE, Florida/Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon (6'4" 212 lbs)

4th). Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse.

5th). Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State (I know some of you guys will love this pick, I do see him fall far due to injury history but at 5th round.. hey)

6th). DJ Harper, RB, Boise State.

7th). Teron Armstead, OT/OG, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@gator: GREAT mock bro, I really like the positional needs you gave us. TE is looking like more of a possibility with Miller's injury and the need of another big body target for Big Ben.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:

because he's 6'2-1/2, 325 lbs

if we draft yet another DL in the first round, I'm going to punch a baby.

EDIT - unless it's Star Lotulelei

EDIT 2 - the draft pick, not the baby

EDIT 3 - come to think of it, whether the draft pick OR the baby is Lotulelei, I'm not punching the baby
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.. I sobered up, Happy New Year ya'll.

Thought Jonathan Hankins were 6'4" 322 lbs?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
lol.. I sobered up, Happy New Year ya'll.

Thought Jonathan Hankins were 6'4" 322 lbs?

we'll find out at the senior bowl and combine
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Hankins would lose 20-25 pounds he would be incredible.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
If Hankins would lose 20-25 pounds he would be incredible.

jebrick wrote:
If Woodley would lose 20-25 pounds he would be incredible.

jebrick wrote:
If Pouncey would gain 20-25 pounds he would be incredible.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, Kethnaab.

However I have evaluate mock drafts and standings (now that playoff started and the rest of teams that's not in playoff now are easier to evaluate).

More I see and look at it, there's some odds Manti Te'o will fall to us. Necessities of left tackles may have pushed some teams. Dolphins to name one of few teams. Vaccarro will be easily overdrafted.

Some risers in draft too. Basically one knock on manti te'o is same as chase thomas- lack of elte athleticism. Kuechly was a better athlete but te'o have a better look of ilb.

Maybe great prospects does still fall to us after all Very Happy
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
If Woodley would lose 40-45 pounds he would be incredible.

Fixed

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Lol, Kethnaab.

However I have evaluate mock drafts and standings (now that playoff started and the rest of teams that's not in playoff now are easier to evaluate).

More I see and look at it, there's some odds Manti Te'o will fall to us. Necessities of left tackles may have pushed some teams. Dolphins to name one of few teams. Vaccarro will be easily overdrafted.

Some risers in draft too. Basically one knock on manti te'o is same as chase thomas- lack of elte athleticism. Kuechly was a better athlete but te'o have a better look of ilb.

The best quote I've seen on Te'o is that he is more decoration than wedding cake. He is a safe pick with good press. Ogletree and Minter would be a better picks based on potential. Te'o has a low ceiling and high floor. Ogletree and Minter have higher ceilings but lower floors as well.

kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:
Lol, Kethnaab.

The best quote I've seen on Te'o is that he is more decoration than wedding cake. He is a safe pick with good press. Ogletree and Minter would be a better picks based on potential. Te'o has a low ceiling and high floor. Ogletree and Minter have higher ceilings but lower floors as well.

Te'o will go too early I think. I'd be ok with him in the first, but I'd be much happier with Minter in the 2nd.

really undecided on Ogletree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: