Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we had the #1 overall pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough.

I'm okay with a receiver that has size later in draft, we desperately need one for dink and dunk offense. We don't use tight ends enough for me to feel comfortable with drafting a tight end later in draft (I got Jordan Reed on my mind in 3rd round)

Haley always had most physical receivers on his team, ours? Bleh. If he's here to stay, he's likely to request for a big, physical receiver.

Personally, all the names you mentioned- I see them gone before our 2nd round pick but hopefully not haha.

Point being, my argumentative approach is that 43M claimed a receiver isn't a top 3 need, I disagree that's all.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
We don't use tight ends enough for me to feel comfortable with drafting a tight end later in draft (I got Jordan Reed on my mind in 3rd round)

Our starting TE made the Pro Bowl...
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emphasize on "tight ends", not tight end.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Emphasize on "tight ends", not tight end.

That's because our other TE's aren't even average... Did you notice how much KC used the TE's when healthy?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaeth weren't average either but arians used him a lot.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Spaeth weren't average either but arians used him a lot.

Spaeth was a really good blocker, the reason he was on the field a lot was because Arians put him on the field to pass block, he'd occasionally sneak out to to the flat and get open if there wasn't a blitz.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... no. Spaeth wasn't a good blocker. Occasionally he's get a good block... but no he was never a good blocker.

It is debateable that haley would have utlitized more TE sets if we had more talents but our wr corp is good as it already is... just that its not a good fit, makes sense?

So hypothetically haley will adapt to our offense's strength which is finding holes in defense and throw there and then a high pick of wr or te isn't necessarily.

If haley wants to stay true to his offense, we need a bigger te/wr and early on because prospects of those kind is a high demand, not like you can find them later on in draft, no.

So I really hope that this draft will be an indictation of what will be changed next season because if we don't have that kind of draft and team remains same, no way we enter playoff any different. Just my 2 cents.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a draft based on how Haley has the offense...

1)Warmack OG
2)Dion Sims TE
3)(Insert plodding RB here)

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alanfanecafan... no. Even if chase warmack is a very good guard, its completely unnecessary. Our O-line already are invested. For all 5 positions, even if left guard is upgradable.

Dion Sim, nope. Wouldn't touch him within first 3 rounds, he's a football player who could dominate big ten due to his size but wouldn't get away with it in nfl. I'd rather have Spaeth. Don't think he's not coming out anyway.

Your mock scare me, sir.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Alanfanecafan... no. Even if chase warmack is a very good guard, its completely unnecessary. Our O-line already are invested. For all 5 positions, even if left guard is upgradable.

Dion Sim, nope. Wouldn't touch him within first 3 rounds, he's a football player who could dominate big ten due to his size but wouldn't get away with it in nfl. I'd rather have Spaeth. Don't think he's not coming out anyway.

Your mock scare me, sir.

I dont think AFF meant he wants the draft to go like that....just that if we were trying to build around Haley's offense, that would be how.

I dont agree with his picks, but I dont think he meant that to be a real mock.

In all honestly, I wish they would resign Starks, put Adams at RT, put Gilbert at RG and move DeCastro to LG.

Starks-DDC-Mo-Gilbert-Adams

Colon selling watermelons along the highway.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yeah...

Personally, I am not sure how would Marcus Gilbert do at RG. If they give him a shot at that, great. I'd like to see more of Pouncey-Legursky at LG-C.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Ah yeah...

Personally, I am not sure how would Marcus Gilbert do at RG. If they give him a shot at that, great. I'd like to see more of Pouncey-Legursky at LG-C.

Gilbert sucks in space. He has much better chance succeeding inside IMO.

Legursky has absolutely no business starting. Good backup, not a good long term starter. Already proven.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while that'... somewhat true, but playing aside Pouncey and DeCastro Legursky's size should be less exposedly. No?
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Gatoradus wrote:
Ah yeah...

Gilbert sucks in space. He has much better chance succeeding inside IMO.

Legursky has absolutely no business starting. Good backup, not a good long term starter. Already proven.

Foster and Gilbert would be an interesting RG matchup. I just hope Gilbert wouldn't injure Mike Adams while he plays! If Starks doesn't resign with us, we're in trouble!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
while that'... somewhat true, but playing aside Pouncey and DeCastro Legursky's size should be less exposedly. No?

It doesnt matter who we have insude next to Legs, his size will always be an issue, especially in the AFC North vs huge DTs. Factor in that he is slow too and quicker DTs like Atkins will eat him alive as well.

Now, Im not saying Gilbert would be better inside, but I do think he would be better as a OG than an OT, and I also think he would be better OG overall than Legs, who really doesnt excel at anything. At the very least, Gilbert plays well in a phone booth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: