Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we had the #1 overall pick
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: If we had the #1 overall pick Reply with quote

Kansas City currently holds the #1 pick. It is very likely they will be top 3 at best. Their primary need is QB in a draft that has extremely questionable QB possibilities.

Other than that they may have a need at either CB, WR or DL that may warrant a top 10 selection. It would seem their most viable option is to find a trading partner. This field could be wide open but probably will fall into the hands of a team such as Seattle, San Francisco or Philly that has a potential starting QB at the very least as a decent stop gap.

Regardless of cost, what player would you take if we moved up into the #1 slot?

Just a hypothetical for fun.

...you have a forum resume?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a hard question but i'd have to go with star lotelulei. As JJ Watt showed that a 3-4 defensive end can just as much disrupt the game as a pass-rusher. But and again, none of those players outside star displayed the factor that can elevate a player to a consistent all-pro status, not even jarvis jones who is pretty good.

Man I hate the hypothetical #1 pick mock lol i'd much rather have rams' two first round picks!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a hard question because this is a horrible year to have the number 1 pick or even a top 10 pick IMO. There is really no stand out or cant miss prospects at all IMO. Not that there arent any good players, but the dropoff between whoever is the top prospect in the draft (which Im sure will vary alot this year depending on who you draft) and the 15th or 20th player isnt really that much of a drop.

Anyway, its hard for me to name any specific player, but Ill say defensive line or a pass rusher.

Fortunately, this is only a hypothetical, but its not as fun to think about as it usually is for reasons I mentioned.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
This is a hard question because this is a horrible year to have the number 1 pick or even a top 10 pick IMO. There is really no stand out or cant miss prospects at all IMO. Not that there arent any good players, but the dropoff between whoever is the top prospect in the draft (which Im sure will vary alot this year depending on who you draft) and the 15th or 20th player isnt really that much of a drop.

And unlike last year, I expect little trading in this year's draft

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones by a wide margin.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te'o or Jarvis jones. Both are difference making LBs who should have great careers for a decade or longer and make many pro bowls.

If I'm KC though I'm taking a qb. If I'm them, I'm taking Geno Smith. It sucks, Geno may not ever be truly elite but the guy is going to be a good qb, I believe.

KC doesn't need a Olb or a NT. they may trade the pick to a team that does though and take Geno, Tyler Wilson or Barkley or a wr like Allen or Terrance Williams 5 to 10 picks later. That's the best thing for them to do. Tbh

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

And unlike last year, I expect little trading in this year's draft
nah. There will remain a lot of Trading in the NFL Draft. The rookie wage scale has made it so that teams who really want a player can trade up for that player and not have to give them a huge contract. I expect there to be a lot of trades from now on in the draft
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damontre Moore or Star Lotulelei. Either would be an impact player on defense. Offense I might go Luke Joeckel.

But if push came to shove I would go with Moore.

Jones has some injury and character issues that will make me back off. Moore also has some character issues but I want a pass rusher.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

Last edited by jebrick on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones is too much of a pure speed/finesse guy for my tastes. He doesn't use his hands all that well. I like Moore at least as much

this is a very weak draft at the top of the talent pool, but very good for 'mid-round' type picks.
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
this is a very weak draft at the top of the talent pool, but very good for 'mid-round' type picks.

Agreed.

If trade back was a option that would be my answer.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this then... Rams currently have #14 and #15 picks in 1st round. Who do you take? Didn't mean to derail your thread, JPN. Just that it may be a lot easier to talk about, you know?
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kethy: Id call up the Chiefs and trade our pick for Poe!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
How about this then... Rams currently have #14 and #15 picks in 1st round. Who do you take? Didn't mean to derail your thread, JPN. Just that it may be a lot easier to talk about, you know?
id definitely do that. At that point you could get an OT, WR, DB or LB.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:

Youre asking what the Rams should do or we would do with those picks?

...you have a forum resume?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using rame's picks and pretend its our picks, what should we do.

I'll go first.

Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon. Among best pass-rusher, obviously.

Manti Te'o if he's there... doubtly but I'll go with Jonathan Hankins. BPA at this point. Has the potential to be a nose tackle (played some as a nose tackle a year ago) letting us cut loose some players with bad contract.

Fun to think about it- keenan allen, wr, california. Easily the best receiver of the class. Replacing mike wallace and the temporarily excitement of plaxico burress. Should be able to play right away, all-around receiver without an "elite status" but should be in pro bowl conversation in future if that ever happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: