Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Detfan782004 Mock Draft/Offseason----35K

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Detfan782004 Mock Draft/Offseason----35K Reply with quote

This mock is going to go a little farther in depth then previous ones. This will be about starting lineup mainly with some spots depth.

QB

Stafford. He simply is not going to restructure and you keep restructuring the deal and the money keeps adding up later. Need to bite this contract as is.

Hill. Hill is signed through 2013. At a mere 2.4 mil and small bonus this is a bargain for a backup QB like Hill.

RB

LeShoure. He is coming back. Showing great potential as a power RB IMO.

Bell. He is a RFA. Tender him at the 1.26 million amount.

Best. Love Best and his situation sucks. He is owed 850,000-875,000 for
next couple years. Some team may gamble on him so dump him for a 7th. Yes a 7th. Better then nothing.

WR

Calvin. Calvin is Calvin. Locked in.

Broyles. Hope he comes back healthy.

Burleson. Owed nearly 5 mil per for next two years. With Titus crap going on and not knowing Broyles injury either he needs retained.

Mike Thomas. Owed 1.45 in 2013. 2014 is the year he is owed over 3. Keep him and see what he does with a full offseason with the team.

Young. Cut your losses. Someone will give a 7th.

TE

Scheffler. Extend through 2015 season. Currently getting 1.55 and 1.95 next year. Give him around 2.25 for next 3 years.

Pettigrew. Will be a FA after 2013 season. Get value for him now. Trade him for a 5th.

LT

Reiff. Move him into the LT spot next year.

LG

Sims. Signed thru 2015. Keep him for now.

C

Raiola. Let him finish out last year but draft replacement.

RG

Petterman. Signed thru 2013. Keep him look for replacement in draft and FA.

RT

Cherilus. FA after this year. Let him walk. Slide Backus over to RT for his last year. Draft/FA backup and potential starter in 2014.

LE

I have been saying for many weeks I think Suh could be a dominant end. Moving Suh to LE and let Avril walk.

DT

Fairley. Showing why he was drafted highly.

DT

Draft/FA his partner in crime.

RE

KVB. Continuity is key and so many DL going with Avril, Williams, Jackson and so on KVB stays regardless of contract. Draft/FA his backup to groom and take over. Cut down his snaps.

OLB

Durant. Just like KVB continuity huge. With both OLB being FA retaining one is key. Levy will likely draw the bigger payday given age and such. Retain Durant.

Levy. Let him walk and draft/FA for new starter

CB

Houston. Try to sign to longer deal. Currently on 3 mil deal. Think 5 per year at least for four to five years required. Franchise tag if you have to.

CB

Draft/FA to compete with all the young talent for #2.

S

Delmas. As much as it pains me to say this let him walk. His name will get more money then production should.

S

FA/draft. This position is in need of a makeover all around

K

Hanson. Let him decide.

P

Harris----let this bum walk.

Free Agency-- not going to sign a ton of guys here just a few i want

DT- Alan Branch- Sea. Currently at 3 mil per year.

CB- Sean Smith- Mia. In final year of rookie contract. His numbers not eye popping but he is solid.

WR/KR/PR- Cribbs. Currently earning about 1.4. Special teams does not scare any opponent.

TE/FB- Delanie Walker. I put him as a FB also because he is a great blocker. He can help in so many ways. Will be filling the extra blocker role that Reiff was doing this year.

S- Byrd. I would rather spend the money on Byrd then Delmas.

Draft-- some guys will not last as long as projected or may go later. Hard to tell yet.

Round 1- CB- Milliner. I did not think Detroit would be in a position to get him. Still not 100 percent sure but going with it for now

Round 2- DE- Tank Carradine- FSU

Round 3- S- Rambo- Georgia

Round 5- (Original pick) OLB- A. Highsmith- Arkansas

Round 5- (Pett trade) RB- Barner- Oregon. May go higher on name but his skills this is where he should go.

Round 6- C- Schwartzstein- Stanford

Round 7- (Best trade)- WR- Keenan Davis- Iowa

Round 7- (Titus trade)- G- Foltz- TCU

QB- Stafford, Hill
RB- LeShoure, Bell, Barner
FB- Walker (TE)
WR- Calvin, Broyles
WR- Burleson, Thomas, Davis
TE- Scheffler, Walker
LT- Reiff
LG- Sims, Foltz
C- Raoila, Schwartzstein
RG- Petterman, Foltz
RT- Backus
LE- Suh
DT- Fairley
DT- Branch
DE- KVB, Carradine
OLB- Durant
MLB- Tulloch
OLB- Highsmith
CB- Houston (Milliner dime eases him into the league and not ruin him)
CB- Smith (Milliner dime eases him into the league and not ruin him)
S- Byrd
S- Rambo

KR/PR- Cribbs

Obviously depth lacking still in this one. Will continue to get more in depth as year goes on.

--Some people may knock revamping the entire secondary but I feel it is necessary in this league. Byrd, Rambo, Milliner, and Smith along with Houston will need time to click but will be good.

--Oline still needs work but couple prospects in there may pan out

--DL becomes a major force again with Suh at DE. Carradine in no rush to play a ton with KVB here. Eases him in as well. Branch is a big body next to Fairley to eat up double teams.

--Barner gives that change of pace back so many seek.

--WR has a ton of question marks but contracts are really going to force most to return as is there.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
davisblack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft.

What do you have happening to SLH? I think I like him better than Branch next to Fairley.
#6 P Sam Martin
#45 FB Jed Collins
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have no problem if it played out this way.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad dont mind it
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
I like the draft.

What do you have happening to SLH? I think I like him better than Branch next to Fairley.

Rotational thing.

I simply want defense defense and defense. It will help take pressure off the O

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
imyourGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to get Byrd. We'd probably need to pay some decent money to Smith and Im not so sure I would. I'm just not feeling the draft. I feel better can be had. I'm not buying into Milliner like some, its an ok pick but I don't see a top 7 player. Hes not really the issue its the rest of the draft. Just one of those that make you wonder what wass left when you made the pick.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imyourGM wrote:
Id like to get Byrd. We'd probably need to pay some decent money to Smith and Im not so sure I would. I'm just not feeling the draft. I feel better can be had. I'm not buying into Milliner like some, its an ok pick but I don't see a top 7 player. Hes not really the issue its the rest of the draft. Just one of those that make you wonder what wass left when you made the pick.

You are entitled to your opinion but the prospects at CB, DE and S are some of best in game

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: