Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Lions have to do better vs division

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralTso

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: The Lions have to do better vs division Reply with quote

Worst record in the division since 2002.

0-5 vs division this year, potential to go 0-6.

Even last year, we only went 3-3.

If this team wants to compete for the playoffs next year, they have to do better than this and hopefully Schwartz and co. don't get this overlooked.

I mean, heck, look at the Rams. First year under Fisher (Whom Schwartz learned under...) and they are undefeated against their division, even technically in the playoff hunt.

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: The Lions have to do better vs division Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:

If this team wants to compete for the playoffs next year, they have to do better than this and hopefully Schwartz and co. don't get this overlooked.

I mean, heck, look at the Rams. First year under Fisher (Whom Schwartz learned under...) and they are undefeated against their division, even technically in the playoff hunt.

The Lions team has to be built to win in the division first. Then worry about the rest of the league.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: The Lions have to do better vs division Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

The Lions team has to be built to win in the division first. Then worry about the rest of the league.

Yeah our divisions OL are terrible, but have some great offensive playermakers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: The Lions have to do better vs division Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

One thing I will say, though, is that the division is not easy to play against. Passing team in GB, running team in Minnesota, Defense in Chicago. There is no true formula.

In the NFC West, you run the ball and play defense, it's pretty black and white.

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
detroitroar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lions have to do better vs division Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

Absolutely. My hope is that playing in this tough division and the toughest schedule all together this year can make us a better team moving forward.

X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lions have to do better vs division Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

One thing I will say, though, is that the division is not easy to play against. Passing team in GB, running team in Minnesota, Defense in Chicago. There is no true formula.

In the NFC West, you run the ball and play defense, it's pretty black and white.

I think a lot of the problem comes down to coaching. There should be no reason why they can't come up with a better game plan against Peterson. I know pretty much every team struggles against him, but the Lions need to game plan better for it. The same goes for Chicago. The Lions have (or had) a dynamic offense and they should be able to put up points against the Bears and do enough on defense to stop them. But, after what we've seen this season it looks like they're a few players away from being where we want them to be.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lions have to do better vs division Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

Absolutely. My hope is that playing in this tough division and the toughest Ischedule all together this year can make us a better team moving forward.

I hope you're right.

I think, trying to find something positive from this season, the team is gaining valuable experience. What they choose to do with that experience will be demonstrated next year.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
GeneralTso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-6

Good job team

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
0-6

Good job team
But, but, they were all so competitive....
studdogs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lions have to do better vs division Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

I think a lot of the problem comes down to coaching. There should be no reason why they can't come up with a better game plan against Peterson. I know pretty much every team struggles against him, but the Lions need to game plan better for it. The same goes for Chicago. The Lions have (or had) a dynamic offense and they should be able to put up points against the Bears and do enough on defense to stop them. But, after what we've seen this season it looks like they're a few players away from being where we want them to be.

studdogs will say it again, this team has no identity.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to do well in the NFC North you need to be able to do 3 things:

- Run the Ball
- Stop the Run
- Stop the Pass

Lions can do none of these things when it really matters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: