Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RGIII is seemingly OK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he cleared? Havent read to much up on it. But the way the op made it sound is that he feels good ... but no results from the doctors yet.

If hes cleared then he will/should start

Not a Knicks fan
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
^The Ravens may be a better team but I consider the Browns a much more difficult matchup. The Ravens defense is full of a bunch of non-starting caliber players while Cleveland actually has the pieces to give the Redskins offense some trouble, even moreso if Griffin isn't 100%.

Thats true but they still have many of their key guys from last year (Ngata/Reed) while they didnt have Lewis/Suggs in my eyes they are still the better defense.

But Im not starting Griffin regardless of who they play. But I know Shanahan wont think the same
On the season the Browns and Ravens have given up virtually the same amount of points and yards per game. Browns have given up 1 less point and 4 more yards per game.

Obviously the Ravens D is much better at full strength, but I'd say right this second they are very close. The Ravens are a better team than the Browns right now because their offense has been better pretty much all year.

Clearly ... didnt realize that their defense's were so even though.

Its pretty shocking Laughing

Not a Knicks fan
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Is he cleared? Havent read to much up on it. But the way the op made it sound is that he feels good ... but no results from the doctors yet.

there hasn't been any word outside of Garcon saying Cousins was starting, but a bunch of Redskins responded by saying they hadn't heard anything official yet.

Seems like everyone's being tight lipped on the situation and they are going to wait as long as possible before ruling him out.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

there hasn't been any word outside of Garcon saying Cousins was starting, but a bunch of Redskins responded by saying they hadn't heard anything official yet.

Seems like everyone's being tight lipped on the situation and they are going to wait as long as possible before ruling him out.

Smart move ... having the browns try and train for RGIII vs Cousins is very different

Not a Knicks fan
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

Smart move ... having the browns try and train for RGIII vs Cousins is very different

Hence why the term "knee contusion" was used in the beginning. Now Shanny did clear it up a little bit by saying LCL sprain in his PC but you could tell he didn't want to let to much out. As I said before I'd be shocked if he was able to play this week and I'm curious to see if he is braced up or on crutches as a so called "precaution" not need? Rolling Eyes

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 6 Gm/ 27 Rec/ 445 Yds/ 4 TD/ 16.5 YPC/
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

Hence why the term "knee contusion" was used in the beginning. Now Shanny did clear it up a little bit by saying LCL sprain in his PC but you could tell he didn't want to let to much out. As I said before I'd be shocked if he was able to play this week and I'm curious to see if he is braced up or on crutches as a so called "precaution" not need? Rolling Eyes

Im sure he will be ... My bet is that he'll play with a brace as well.

Not too angry about it because if I were Shanahan I would do the exact same thing. I don't want to give my opponent the advantage at all which is really what he's trying to do.

Not a Knicks fan
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
^The Ravens may be a better team but I consider the Browns a much more difficult matchup. The Ravens defense is full of a bunch of non-starting caliber players while Cleveland actually has the pieces to give the Redskins offense some trouble, even moreso if Griffin isn't 100%.

Thats true but they still have many of their key guys from last year (Ngata/Reed) while they didnt have Lewis/Suggs in my eyes they are still the better defense.

But Im not starting Griffin regardless of who they play. But I know Shanahan wont think the same
On the season the Browns and Ravens have given up virtually the same amount of points and yards per game. Browns have given up 1 less point and 4 more yards per game.

Obviously the Ravens D is much better at full strength, but I'd say right this second they are very close. The Ravens are a better team than the Browns right now because their offense has been better pretty much all year.

People will say that the defenses are statistically similar because of Baltimore's injuries. However, Cleveland has misses Joe Haden, Phil Taylor and Ahtyba Rubin for a few games each this season. The Browns are something like 5-3 with Haden and 0-5 without him.

Smack on the sig.
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

People will say that the defenses are statistically similar because of Baltimore's injuries. However, Cleveland has misses Joe Haden, Phil Taylor and Ahtyba Rubin for a few games each this season. The Browns are something like 5-3 with Haden and 0-5 without him.

And the Redskins are 6-1 with Pierre Garcon and 1-5 without him. The loss with him was versus Atlanta where he saw minimal snaps, and RG3 was injured late. Now the Redskins without RG3 changes things, but the Redskins offense has improved with Garcon healthy and therefore he and Haden should make for a good matchup. Clearly both teams rely on each player.

Either way, I think the Giants are a much better defensive unit and they had their difficulties with RG3, I would say the same about the Rams. The biggest difference between the Ravens and the Browns right now is Haden. If the Redskins can distribute the ball and keep the Browns focused on Garcon, they should be able to put up ~30 on the Browns.

(Yes, use this as your bulletin board material)

Aside: Although RG3 did some leg lifts, stretches (w/e else) today in practice, I doubt he will play.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
If the Redskins can distribute the ball and keep the Browns focused on Garcon, they should be able to put up ~30 on the Browns.

Even as a Browns fan I'm not sure I could disagree (assuming RG3 plays, Cousins? I'm not so worried about seeing him put up a 30 spot).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are looking up for Robert Griffin the third
Quote:
NFL Network producer Steve Dresner reported that Griffin looked much more stable throwing off his right foot at Thursday's practice. That aligns with a report from USA Today's Jim Corbett, who wrote that RG3, three days before Washington's game against the Cleveland Browns, was "smooth in his drop backs and plants on short and deep throws, showing no signs of favoring" the right knee he sprained in Sunday

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000110672/rg3-knee-shows-visible-improvement-at-redskins-practice/

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
The biggest difference between the Ravens and the Browns right now is Haden.

I don't agree with this. I'll happily resort to bashing the Ravens to make my point since it seems necessary, but most of those Ravens lineman, McPhee, Kemoeatu, and Cody were getting destroyed off the ball and presented no trouble at all for the Redskins. They're not starting caliber players in my opinion. In addition, the Ravens Linebackers were terrible. I think the Browns front 7 will be a different animal, particularly up front as any 4 Browns Defensive Tackles will be harder to block in the run game than those glorified scrubs on the Ravens(particularly Terrence Cody who is a terrible player).
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
The biggest difference between the Ravens and the Browns right now is Haden.

I don't agree with this. I'll happily resort to bashing the Ravens to make my point since it seems necessary, but most of those Ravens lineman, McPhee, Kemoeatu, and Cody were getting destroyed off the ball and presented no trouble at all for the Redskins. They're not starting caliber players in my opinion. In addition, the Ravens Linebackers were terrible. I think the Browns front 7 will be a different animal, particularly up front as any 4 Browns Defensive Tackles will be harder to block in the run game than those glorified scrubs on the Ravens(particularly Terrence Cody who is a terrible player).

To be fair, in the run game, our line has been very good getting DL's this year. Its the straight drop back that they, and most ZBS lines, begin to falter.
pnies20

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Haden will have any trouble with Garcon Confused

I wouldn't play RG3 against our DL. I can see any one of our fatties landing on him several times on Sunday.

<3 JF
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk Cousins is starting per Jay Glazer.

Quote:
@JayGlazer: RG3 not starting. Cousins gets the start. As I reported yesterday Cousins got all first team reps

green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
titwio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Kirk Cousins is starting per Jay Glazer.

Quote:
@JayGlazer: RG3 not starting. Cousins gets the start. As I reported yesterday Cousins got all first team reps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: