Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Excluding Ray Horton, Coaching Candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Dave Toub. He's an interesting option, but he's a ST coach. If they were gonna go with anybody outside of Horton, I would want it to be an OC, but i do like him and would consider him (they run 4-3 in Chicago though, hopefull he wouldnt change that).
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I like Dave Toub. He's an interesting option, but he's a ST coach. If they were gonna go with anybody outside of Horton, I would want it to be an OC, but i do like him and would consider him (they run 4-3 in Chicago though, hopefull he wouldnt change that).

You know I still don't know how I feel about a STs coach coming in as the head man but John Harbaugh's been great for Baltimore and that's what he was, a STs coach. Maybe it's no big deal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

You know I still don't know how I feel about a STs coach coming in as the head man but John Harbaugh's been great for Baltimore and that's what he was, a STs coach. Maybe it's no big deal.

Yes but their offense is middle of the road and the team is carried by their defense (until this year). I dont get how their winning this yr since their offense is aveage and their defense bottom third in a lot of categories).
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Yes but their offense is middle of the road and the team is carried by their defense (until this year). I dont get how their winning this yr since their offense is aveage and their defense bottom third in a lot of categories).

It hasn't been pretty certainly but finding a way to win is an indictment of the head coach. We're a prime example. Lose to Buffalo by 3, lose to the Jets by 1, lose the Atlanta by 2-3 whatever it was. Trade those 3 close losses into wins and we're 7-6 right now. Changes everything. Whiz doesn't have 1 foot out the door right now if we're 7-6, I can tell you that right now.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
It hasn't been pretty certainly but finding a way to win is an indictment of the head coach. We're a prime example. Lose to Buffalo by 3, lose to the Jets by 1, lose the Atlanta by 2-3 whatever it was. Trade those 3 close losses into wins and we're 7-6 right now. Changes everything. Whiz doesn't have 1 foot out the door right now if we're 7-6, I can tell you that right now.

Look at last year though, Beat Philly by 4, Beat SF by 2, Beat Cleveland by 3, beat the Rams by 3, Beat Seattle by 3.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

who's your top HC choice (besides Horton)? I heard you talking about Jay Gruden, but I think front offices will see he was arrested and turn away (myself included) because that doesnt set a good example for the team
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Look at last year though, Beat Philly by 4, Beat SF by 2, Beat Cleveland by 3, beat the Rams by 3, Beat Seattle by 3.

Lost to Washington by 1, Baltimore by 3, Seattle by 3, New York Gaints by 4, Cincinnati by 7.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

who's your top HC choice (besides Horton)? I heard you talking about Jay Gruden, but I think front offices will see he was arrested and turn away (myself included) because that doesnt set a good example for the team

Horton's my top choice but besides him, I like Todd Haley. I'm ok being alone on that too, if that's the case.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Horton's my top choice but besides him, I like Todd Haley. I'm ok being alone on that too, if that's the case.

I agree with you on Haley. I think he adds a fiery attitude to the job. Whiz was too passive (until things got out of hand)
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haley's got a lot of support in the front office and still has a lot of support in the locker room. Very popular with the fans in the Valley. Loves Arizona and would be happy here. He's been a 3-4 guy at almost every stop, I think that would stay (Maybe Ray too, if things go our way) and that's extremely important to me. Extremely important. Got a great track record with young WRs and our 2012 1st round pick was just that. Nice QB track record, got Cassell to look down right passable at times. He's done a PHENOMENAL job in Pittsburgh of tailoring his offense around his personnel, hiding his OL deficiencies with shorter pass routes and a solid run game. He's been a head coach before, he's been in the situations and knows how to handle it. Has lots of connections within the industry which would allow him the opportunity to put together a solid supporting coaching staff. I think he's got a great resume personally and he's my #2 choice.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets say Todd Haley is the new HC, which QB does he draft?
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Lets say Todd Haley is the new HC, which QB does he draft?

Excluding Geno I'd put my dough on Tyler Wilson.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my choices for HC are as follows (besides Horton):

Todd Haley
Kyle Shanahan
Dave Toub
Bruce Arians
Mike McCoy
Jon Gruden
Tom Clements

Last edited by AZPSquared on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Lost to Washington by 1, Baltimore by 3, Seattle by 3, New York Gaints by 4, Cincinnati by 7.

Just pointing out that we have gone both ways and over his career here (Prior to this season) Whis had a very much positive W/L record in games decided by 7 or less. This season seems to have evened that out a bit.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Oregon has Nike money

We do not.

Philly has money and they have to compete against Dallas, Skins and Giants, they need to win more than we do, if that makes sense.

Kelly is going somewhere if they give him the keys to the whole show, Philly might not do that.

Oakland might though, what about SD?
Nike has 0 to do with Chip leaving for the NFL. He is paid good money at Oregon. he wants to coach the best players in the world have play a man's game of Chess with the big boys. The challenge is what Chip wants.

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: