Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 MRI (Sprained Knee) & Captain Kirk to Start Page 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong. Cousins is a perfectly capable QB and one that I touted as an alternative to trading up to get RG3.

But watching what Griff has done this season leads me to believe that no other QB in this class could be as effective running this offense as he has.

I'm worried that Cousins' lack of mobility (as compared to RG3) and his penchant for not being as good at ball security (throws INTs) is going to be a negative for not only our passing game but also our running game.

Hopefully, this will be only one week and Griff can get back to it next week.

Also - I disagree. If you want to win the division, you cannot assume the Jints will lose a game. So NO game is ok to "lose". We need to focus on winning out.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Kirk Cousin to start Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
TruSkinsFan wrote:
This is going to be interesting to see how Kirk Cousin do since he's going to be a starter....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1446443-kirk-cousins-reportedly-to-start-for-injured-robert-griffin-iii-vs-browns

Ugh...not good.

The only solace I have is I think Griff will be the #2 QB if Cousins does not play well.
I wonder how bad RG3 knees are. Maybe the FO knows that Kirk knows the offense and the team believes in him and also can upgrade his value.

We CAN afford to lose one game but would need to beat the next two but a win with Kirk would be big. He has a quick release and isnt afraid to throw it but im afraid his arm is no where as good as RG3 and clearly not as accurate.

Who knows tho.

His knee's probably 90%. Is your franchise really worth risking in its first year...? No.

This^^

I'm not risking 10+ years of tearing up defenses just to try to make the playoffs in the first year (in a year where our defense would not play well anyway and we'd get booted in the first round).

Again, what Thai and Brian said.

We know our D is atrocious. While it would be great to make the playoffs this year, it's unlikely we will. So, it would be better to not risk turning a minor injury into a major one with our franchise QB. Yes, I'm sure he wants to play, but, like with Strasburg, sometimes you need to protect your start from himself.

Side note: the Cowboys have apparently gone the other direction with Dez Bryant. We'll see which idea pans out.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed, because I obviously wanna win and wanna see RGIII play, but I'm not upset. Let's just hope we can get it done with Cousins and that helm and this way we know RGIII will be ready for the two division games to end the season.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Cousins starting is a good move. Why? Well it's obvious that Griffin isn't 100%, so why risk his long-term health on one game? Start Kirk and see how he does. Maybe we can increase his so-called trade value! Laughing
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't overlook Mr. Grossman. If K C struggles - he'll play and I say he'll play well .. Much better receivers that he had last year,,and the run game. Wink
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk had a very good game and im not surprised he is a hard worker and is more of our WCO style similar to Hasselback and Shaub. If his arm had a bit more accuracy he would be a starter in this league or atleast in our system he could of finished with 3 td's.

Good job kirk.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been in Cousins' corner all along. I was expecting an INT though and hoping he would do just enough to win.

Some HUGE plays later, a few nice bootlegs on the Money to go with some nifty scrambling and he did more than that. Looks like we are getting some talent on the same page

Morris (and Royster) gets real big Nods too. Great Game!
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Been in Cousins' corner all along. I was expecting an INT though and hoping he would do just enough to win.

Some HUGE plays later, a few nice bootlegs on the Money to go with some nifty scrambling and he did more than that. Looks like we are getting some talent on the same page

Ditto DCRED - Cousins is a valuable reserve to have because RG3 will miss games every once in a while. Having COusins come out today and play well makes the coaching staff that much more willing to sit RG3 if it is needed and not to rush him back, and that is value.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
DCRED wrote:

Ditto DCRED - Cousins is a valuable reserve to have because RG3 will miss games every once in a while. Having COusins come out today and play well makes the coaching staff that much more willing to sit RG3 if it is needed and not to rush him back, and that is value.

SERIOUS Value in the 4TH Round.
Interesting that he beat the draft's pick #22 who has played all year...
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been a cousins fan since his days at Michigan st. Parrot head and I used to go back and forth constantly because he'd make mistakes during the game, I'd defend Kirk, then at the end of the game he'd make the plays to give his team the W! Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I've always been a cousins fan since his days at Michigan st. Parrot head and I used to go back and forth constantly because he'd make mistakes during the game, I'd defend Kirk, then at the end of the game he'd make the plays to give his team the W! Cool

Ok, so can you finally be happy we drafted him? Laughing We just protected our FRANCHISE QB with a 4th Round Rookie QB-- We Won the game convincingly-- What more could you ask from a 4th round pick before you admit it was a good move?

Now RG3 can come back Healthy, not forced back into action, and we have great insurance and hopefully prolong RG3's career because of it. Any Way, it's a Win...
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Ok, so can you finally be happy we drafted him? Laughing We just protected our FRANCHISE QB with a 4th Round Rookie QB-- We Won the game convincingly-- What more could you ask from a 4th round pick before you admit it was a good move?

Now RG3 can come back Healthy, not forced back into action, and we have great insurance and hopefully prolong RG3's career because of it. Any Way, it's a Win...
thats not what I said. I said I'm a cousins fan and have been since he was first starting at Michigan st.

I like the guy a lot, but i'd still rather have Boykin because we need secondary help. Wink That position isn't changing.

I also did think if Cousins got to play he would play well enough to make some fans and media bring up the qb controversy talk (and they have). I know there isn't one because everyone knows this is Griffin's team.

Cousins just threw for the most yards for a redskins qb since Rex Grossman in 2010 vs the Cowboys! Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

thats not what I said. I said I'm a cousins fan and have been since he was first starting at Michigan st.

I like the guy a lot, but i'd still rather have Boykin because we need secondary help. Wink That position isn't changing.

I also did think if Cousins got to play he would play well enough to make some fans and media bring up the qb controversy talk (and they have). I know there isn't one because everyone knows this is Griffin's team.

Cousins just threw for the most yards for a redskins qb since Rex Grossman in 2010 vs the Cowboys! Shocked

Other than you I haven't heard one fan or media bring up QB controversy. I don't need links, I believe there are people that clueless about our QB's
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, Cousins played well yesterday. He started off slow and sluggish, but once he got his feet under him, he played very well.

Lets not forget that this is a Cleveland Browns team. Their pass rush was good yesterday, but Weeden didnt help their cause. When they got down, the immediately went away from Richardson and tried to win it in the air, and our defense really clamped down on the passing game.

I am glad that we have Captain Kirk and that he is playing well. Could this potentially turn out to be a trade for a pick thing to a team that needs a QB. It might happen, but in all likelihood, it wont. With the salary cap rules for rookies in place, it doesnt hurt teams to actually pick a player high because they are not investing large amounts of money on them.

When I first started hearing about Cousins at Michigan State, I had to watch him. The first time I watched him was against Penn State, and he didnt look that good, but he managed the game well. Since that point, I always thought that he would make a good pro QB because he was in a pro style offense, had a above average arm and tended to be accurate.

But for now, lets not jump ahead of ourselves and actually enjoy Cousins as the back that can get it done, cause it scared the hell out of me to see Rex dressed for the occasion yesterday.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Other than you I haven't heard one fan or media bring up QB controversy. I don't need links, I believe there are people that clueless about our QB's
did you catch the junkies dans calling in at 6 am? There were a few. Just saying- but yeah. I know there isn't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: