Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 MRI (Sprained Knee) & Captain Kirk to Start Page 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Reading on twitter (From @HTTR24_7 whom I consider a very reliable source) that the knee sprain is a grade 1 sprain, the lowest in severity.

We truly dodged a bullet on this one, here's hoping we learn and don't take too many chances with RGIII in the open field.

He just this on twitter:

@HTTR24_7
Quote:
Baylor fans know what Rob is all about. He came back in and played a half of football on a torn ACL in 2009.

True dat! Rg3 is one tough guy

Also, Dr. James Andrews was on the sideline when this happened and he continues to be for every game.

He is the leading surgeon when it comes to the ligaments of the knees or achilles and he gave Robert the full work up.

Why do you think that RGIII had an MRI on Sunday and not on Monday?
Most MRI's are conducted on Mondays.

But I dont care if he hast to sit all week and just throw the ball in practice. If that is what it takes to get him healthy to play, so be it.
it was originally reported they rg3 only had X-rays done on Sunday and the MRI was going to be done monday.

The fact that they could do he MRI on Sunday night was another positive sign in my eyes that the injury was not serious. I believe they wait to do an MRI till swelling goes down and that's why they have to wait a day or more to have the MRI.

The fact that he didn't have much swelling and could get it done that evening after the game was a very positive sign that it was a minor knee sprain. IMO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Reading on twitter (From @HTTR24_7 whom I consider a very reliable source) that the knee sprain is a grade 1 sprain, the lowest in severity.

We truly dodged a bullet on this one, here's hoping we learn and don't take too many chances with RGIII in the open field.

He just this on twitter:

@HTTR24_7
Quote:
Baylor fans know what Rob is all about. He came back in and played a half of football on a torn ACL in 2009.

Also, Dr. James Andrews was on the sideline when this happened and he continues to be for every game.

He is the leading surgeon when it comes to the ligaments of the knees or achilles and he gave Robert the full work up.

But I dont care if he hast to sit all week and just throw the ball in practice. If that is what it takes to get him healthy to play, so be it.

Shocked Shocked Shocked I just read that on the site and had to log on !!!--having HIM on the sidelines ROCKS!! He is THE AUTHORITY for knee and ligament injuries!! I can't say how many pro athletes and top wrestlers were seen by him over any other !!
We could have no better doctor on our sidelines- That is GREAT news!!
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing took yall a while to start following LL and that group(which I associate myself with)

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replay of the injury was ugly. But would the pain of a mild knee sprain really knock RGIII out of the game? He said he knew he didn't tear anything so I don't know if there was worry about injuring it further or not.

Correct me if i'm wrong, I believe he asked out of the game after coming back in. He had the throw away out of the end zone and motioned to be replaced? Do you think the injury is more serious than what the Redskins are saying or was it just more painful than a normal mild sprain causing him to sit out the final minutes/overtime.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
The replay of the injury was ugly. But would the pain of a mild knee sprain really knock RGIII out of the game? He said he knew he didn't tear anything so I don't know if there was worry about injuring it further or not.

Correct me if i'm wrong, I believe he asked out of the game after coming back in. He had the throw away out of the end zone and motioned to be replaced? Do you think the injury is more serious than what the Redskins are saying or was it just more painful than a normal mild sprain causing him to sit out the final minutes/overtime.
i think knee sprains hurt and pushing off it like he had to made it a little more painful. I don't think it's too serious. I guess we will find out tomorrow and thurs though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

The problem was how important that knee is for a Right Handed QB. At the moment it happened, the pain is probably the worse. After 30 odd minutes his knee was probably sore, but no where near as bad as it had been.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

The problem was how important that knee is for a Right Handed QB. At the moment it happened, the pain is probably the worse. After 30 odd minutes his knee was probably sore, but no where near as bad as it had been.

From my experience it's worst the 1st minute. Then if you wrap it and keep moving it hurts but keeps the swelling down. Just doesn't seem like you have the reaction he had where he couldn't put any pressure at all on it. Maybe he stretched something with the way his leg was extended that you don't get with a regular sprain, a nerve maybe.

I'm guessing if they were able to do an MRI on it Sunday there wasn't much swelling and it is pretty mild.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

He just this on twitter:

@HTTR24_7
Quote:

it was originally reported they rg3 only had X-rays done on Sunday and the MRI was going to be done monday.

The fact that they could do he MRI on Sunday night was another positive sign in my eyes that the injury was not serious. I believe they wait to do an MRI till swelling goes down and that's why they have to wait a day or more to have the MRI.

The fact that he didn't have much swelling and could get it done that evening after the game was a very positive sign that it was a minor knee sprain. IMO

Swelling does not go down in a day. It takes a while for it to completely go away. Its the bodies way of protecting the damaged area, so the tissue around the area swells to protect any further damage.

An MRI can bypass the tissue when looking for ligament injuries. Most times it can bypass bone to a level of .3cm to look for abnormalities.

But having the MRI on Mondays was always the case mainly cause it was the day off of practice and reviewing game tape. In this case, the Redskins probably had an office set up with all this equipment in house so Dr. Andrews can do what he needs to do right away. Especially if he is on the sideline for every game.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Swelling does not go down in a day. It takes a while for it to completely go away. Its the bodies way of protecting the damaged area, so the tissue around the area swells to protect any further damage.

An MRI can bypass the tissue when looking for ligament injuries. Most times it can bypass bone to a level of .3cm to look for abnormalities.

But having the MRI on Mondays was always the case mainly cause it was the day off of practice and reviewing game tape. In this case, the Redskins probably had an office set up with all this equipment in house so Dr. Andrews can do what he needs to do right away. Especially if he is on the sideline for every game.
why do they always say when someone has a major injury that they need to wait till the swelling goes down before they take an MRI then?
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much it costs to have Dr Andrews on the sideline... Shocked

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

why do they always say when someone has a major injury that they need to wait till the swelling goes down before they take an MRI then?

Let me show you an article about it:

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/hipknee/a/mriknee.htm

Quote:
Several knee ligaments are easily seen on the MRI. The two ligaments in the center of the knee are the ACL and PCL. The ACL can be more difficult to see, but tears of the ACL can be seen about 90% of the time when the ligament is injured. Other signs of an ACL tear that can be seen include specific bone bruises and fractures. These associated findings occur when the ACL is injured and can be used to help confirm the diagnosis.
The PCL is seen more easily than the ACL since it is about twice the size of the ACL. Isolated PCL tears are relatively uncommon injuries. A PCL tear is usually easily seen by MRI as a disruption of the fibers of the ligament.

Quote:
On the outside and inside of the knee, the medial and lateral collateral ligaments are seen. Injuries to these ligament are suggested when either there is fluid (swelling) around the ligaments or if the fibers are seen to be disrupted. Injuries to the collateral ligaments are graded as follows on MRI scans:

Grade I: Fluid around the ligament
Grade II: Fluid around the ligament with partial disruption of the ligament fibers
Grade III: Complete disruption of the ligament fibers

Most times, an MRI is not conducted immediately because of the comfort of the patient, meaning can they sit there still, for 45 minutes and be comfortable? That may be why they wait till Monday instead of Sunday night.

And it can be the swelling that is causing discomfort.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why it's so easy to be a RGIII fan-his charisma and sense of humor.. ( in addition to his awesome football acumen ) This made me LMAO.. To quote , He said when he got hurt--"I screamed !, Like a man of course !".. funny guy.. Laughing
rizzy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Why it's so easy to be a RGIII fan-his charisma and sense of humor.. ( in addition to his awesome football acumen ) This made me LMAO.. To quote , He said when he got hurt--"I screamed !, Like a man of course !".. funny guy.. Laughing

Yeah That was the only post game interview I watched from, just heard bits and pieces from the Giants fumble play. I think I need to go back and watch some because that whole Interview was hilarious.
NHL-Capitals
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

via twitter

@TarikCSN: Robert Griffin III is on the field for practice. Did leg lifts, stretches and shuffle steps. #Redskins #RedskinsTalk

@TarikCSN: Should be noted that there was no brace on the outside of his sweat pants. #RedskinsTalk #Redskins

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
via twitter

@TarikCSN: Robert Griffin III is on the field for practice. Did leg lifts, stretches and shuffle steps. #Redskins #RedskinsTalk

@TarikCSN: Should be noted that there was no brace on the outside of his sweat pants. #RedskinsTalk #Redskins

Im stressing like crazy over the guy. We need him now more than ever. Playoffs bound baby!!!

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: