Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 MRI (Sprained Knee) & Captain Kirk to Start Page 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62206
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Reading on twitter (From @HTTR24_7 whom I consider a very reliable source) that the knee sprain is a grade 1 sprain, the lowest in severity.

We truly dodged a bullet on this one, here's hoping we learn and don't take too many chances with RGIII in the open field.


He just this on twitter:


@HTTR24_7
Quote:
Baylor fans know what Rob is all about. He came back in and played a half of football on a torn ACL in 2009.


True dat! Rg3 is one tough guy


Also, Dr. James Andrews was on the sideline when this happened and he continues to be for every game.

He is the leading surgeon when it comes to the ligaments of the knees or achilles and he gave Robert the full work up.

Why do you think that RGIII had an MRI on Sunday and not on Monday?
Most MRI's are conducted on Mondays.

But I dont care if he hast to sit all week and just throw the ball in practice. If that is what it takes to get him healthy to play, so be it.
it was originally reported they rg3 only had X-rays done on Sunday and the MRI was going to be done monday.

The fact that they could do he MRI on Sunday night was another positive sign in my eyes that the injury was not serious. I believe they wait to do an MRI till swelling goes down and that's why they have to wait a day or more to have the MRI.

The fact that he didn't have much swelling and could get it done that evening after the game was a very positive sign that it was a minor knee sprain. IMO
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 10; Final Cuts 33; Reg Season 41
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 3628
Location: USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Reading on twitter (From @HTTR24_7 whom I consider a very reliable source) that the knee sprain is a grade 1 sprain, the lowest in severity.

We truly dodged a bullet on this one, here's hoping we learn and don't take too many chances with RGIII in the open field.


He just this on twitter:


@HTTR24_7
Quote:
Baylor fans know what Rob is all about. He came back in and played a half of football on a torn ACL in 2009.


True dat! Rg3 is one tough guy


Also, Dr. James Andrews was on the sideline when this happened and he continues to be for every game.


He is the leading surgeon when it comes to the ligaments of the knees or achilles and he gave Robert the full work up.

Why do you think that RGIII had an MRI on Sunday and not on Monday?
Most MRI's are conducted on Mondays.

But I dont care if he hast to sit all week and just throw the ball in practice. If that is what it takes to get him healthy to play, so be it.


Shocked Shocked Shocked I just read that on the site and had to log on !!!--having HIM on the sidelines ROCKS!! He is THE AUTHORITY for knee and ligament injuries!! I can't say how many pro athletes and top wrestlers were seen by him over any other !!
We could have no better doctor on our sidelines- That is GREAT news!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BuckleyBoy


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8832
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing took yall a while to start following LL and that group(which I associate myself with)
_________________


kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 4961
Location: WV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replay of the injury was ugly. But would the pain of a mild knee sprain really knock RGIII out of the game? He said he knew he didn't tear anything so I don't know if there was worry about injuring it further or not.

Correct me if i'm wrong, I believe he asked out of the game after coming back in. He had the throw away out of the end zone and motioned to be replaced? Do you think the injury is more serious than what the Redskins are saying or was it just more painful than a normal mild sprain causing him to sit out the final minutes/overtime.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62206
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
The replay of the injury was ugly. But would the pain of a mild knee sprain really knock RGIII out of the game? He said he knew he didn't tear anything so I don't know if there was worry about injuring it further or not.

Correct me if i'm wrong, I believe he asked out of the game after coming back in. He had the throw away out of the end zone and motioned to be replaced? Do you think the injury is more serious than what the Redskins are saying or was it just more painful than a normal mild sprain causing him to sit out the final minutes/overtime.
i think knee sprains hurt and pushing off it like he had to made it a little more painful. I don't think it's too serious. I guess we will find out tomorrow and thurs though
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 10; Final Cuts 33; Reg Season 41
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 6653
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
The replay of the injury was ugly. But would the pain of a mild knee sprain really knock RGIII out of the game? He said he knew he didn't tear anything so I don't know if there was worry about injuring it further or not.

Correct me if i'm wrong, I believe he asked out of the game after coming back in. He had the throw away out of the end zone and motioned to be replaced? Do you think the injury is more serious than what the Redskins are saying or was it just more painful than a normal mild sprain causing him to sit out the final minutes/overtime.


The problem was how important that knee is for a Right Handed QB. At the moment it happened, the pain is probably the worse. After 30 odd minutes his knee was probably sore, but no where near as bad as it had been.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 4961
Location: WV
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
The replay of the injury was ugly. But would the pain of a mild knee sprain really knock RGIII out of the game? He said he knew he didn't tear anything so I don't know if there was worry about injuring it further or not.

Correct me if i'm wrong, I believe he asked out of the game after coming back in. He had the throw away out of the end zone and motioned to be replaced? Do you think the injury is more serious than what the Redskins are saying or was it just more painful than a normal mild sprain causing him to sit out the final minutes/overtime.


The problem was how important that knee is for a Right Handed QB. At the moment it happened, the pain is probably the worse. After 30 odd minutes his knee was probably sore, but no where near as bad as it had been.


From my experience it's worst the 1st minute. Then if you wrap it and keep moving it hurts but keeps the swelling down. Just doesn't seem like you have the reaction he had where he couldn't put any pressure at all on it. Maybe he stretched something with the way his leg was extended that you don't get with a regular sprain, a nerve maybe.

I'm guessing if they were able to do an MRI on it Sunday there wasn't much swelling and it is pretty mild.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7717
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Reading on twitter (From @HTTR24_7 whom I consider a very reliable source) that the knee sprain is a grade 1 sprain, the lowest in severity.

We truly dodged a bullet on this one, here's hoping we learn and don't take too many chances with RGIII in the open field.


He just this on twitter:


@HTTR24_7
Quote:
Baylor fans know what Rob is all about. He came back in and played a half of football on a torn ACL in 2009.


True dat! Rg3 is one tough guy


Also, Dr. James Andrews was on the sideline when this happened and he continues to be for every game.

He is the leading surgeon when it comes to the ligaments of the knees or achilles and he gave Robert the full work up.

Why do you think that RGIII had an MRI on Sunday and not on Monday?
Most MRI's are conducted on Mondays.

But I dont care if he hast to sit all week and just throw the ball in practice. If that is what it takes to get him healthy to play, so be it.
it was originally reported they rg3 only had X-rays done on Sunday and the MRI was going to be done monday.

The fact that they could do he MRI on Sunday night was another positive sign in my eyes that the injury was not serious. I believe they wait to do an MRI till swelling goes down and that's why they have to wait a day or more to have the MRI.

The fact that he didn't have much swelling and could get it done that evening after the game was a very positive sign that it was a minor knee sprain. IMO


Swelling does not go down in a day. It takes a while for it to completely go away. Its the bodies way of protecting the damaged area, so the tissue around the area swells to protect any further damage.

An MRI can bypass the tissue when looking for ligament injuries. Most times it can bypass bone to a level of .3cm to look for abnormalities.

But having the MRI on Mondays was always the case mainly cause it was the day off of practice and reviewing game tape. In this case, the Redskins probably had an office set up with all this equipment in house so Dr. Andrews can do what he needs to do right away. Especially if he is on the sideline for every game.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62206
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Swelling does not go down in a day. It takes a while for it to completely go away. Its the bodies way of protecting the damaged area, so the tissue around the area swells to protect any further damage.

An MRI can bypass the tissue when looking for ligament injuries. Most times it can bypass bone to a level of .3cm to look for abnormalities.

But having the MRI on Mondays was always the case mainly cause it was the day off of practice and reviewing game tape. In this case, the Redskins probably had an office set up with all this equipment in house so Dr. Andrews can do what he needs to do right away. Especially if he is on the sideline for every game.
why do they always say when someone has a major injury that they need to wait till the swelling goes down before they take an MRI then?
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 10; Final Cuts 33; Reg Season 41
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4275
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much it costs to have Dr Andrews on the sideline... Shocked
_________________

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7717
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Swelling does not go down in a day. It takes a while for it to completely go away. Its the bodies way of protecting the damaged area, so the tissue around the area swells to protect any further damage.

An MRI can bypass the tissue when looking for ligament injuries. Most times it can bypass bone to a level of .3cm to look for abnormalities.

But having the MRI on Mondays was always the case mainly cause it was the day off of practice and reviewing game tape. In this case, the Redskins probably had an office set up with all this equipment in house so Dr. Andrews can do what he needs to do right away. Especially if he is on the sideline for every game.
why do they always say when someone has a major injury that they need to wait till the swelling goes down before they take an MRI then?



Let me show you an article about it:

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/hipknee/a/mriknee.htm

Quote:
Several knee ligaments are easily seen on the MRI. The two ligaments in the center of the knee are the ACL and PCL. The ACL can be more difficult to see, but tears of the ACL can be seen about 90% of the time when the ligament is injured. Other signs of an ACL tear that can be seen include specific bone bruises and fractures. These associated findings occur when the ACL is injured and can be used to help confirm the diagnosis.
The PCL is seen more easily than the ACL since it is about twice the size of the ACL. Isolated PCL tears are relatively uncommon injuries. A PCL tear is usually easily seen by MRI as a disruption of the fibers of the ligament.



Quote:
On the outside and inside of the knee, the medial and lateral collateral ligaments are seen. Injuries to these ligament are suggested when either there is fluid (swelling) around the ligaments or if the fibers are seen to be disrupted. Injuries to the collateral ligaments are graded as follows on MRI scans:

Grade I: Fluid around the ligament
Grade II: Fluid around the ligament with partial disruption of the ligament fibers
Grade III: Complete disruption of the ligament fibers


Most times, an MRI is not conducted immediately because of the comfort of the patient, meaning can they sit there still, for 45 minutes and be comfortable? That may be why they wait till Monday instead of Sunday night.

And it can be the swelling that is causing discomfort.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3641
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why it's so easy to be a RGIII fan-his charisma and sense of humor.. ( in addition to his awesome football acumen ) This made me LMAO.. To quote , He said when he got hurt--"I screamed !, Like a man of course !".. funny guy.. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rizzy


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 539
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Why it's so easy to be a RGIII fan-his charisma and sense of humor.. ( in addition to his awesome football acumen ) This made me LMAO.. To quote , He said when he got hurt--"I screamed !, Like a man of course !".. funny guy.. Laughing


Yeah That was the only post game interview I watched from, just heard bits and pieces from the Giants fumble play. I think I need to go back and watch some because that whole Interview was hilarious.
_________________
College Football-Miami
NFL-Redskins
NBA-Wizards
NHL-Capitals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ktizzzlee21


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 161
Location: 301 maryland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

via twitter


@TarikCSN: Robert Griffin III is on the field for practice. Did leg lifts, stretches and shuffle steps. #Redskins #RedskinsTalk

@TarikCSN: Should be noted that there was no brace on the outside of his sweat pants. #RedskinsTalk #Redskins
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4275
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
via twitter


@TarikCSN: Robert Griffin III is on the field for practice. Did leg lifts, stretches and shuffle steps. #Redskins #RedskinsTalk

@TarikCSN: Should be noted that there was no brace on the outside of his sweat pants. #RedskinsTalk #Redskins

Im stressing like crazy over the guy. We need him now more than ever. Playoffs bound baby!!!
_________________

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group