Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 MRI (Sprained Knee) & Captain Kirk to Start Page 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Seems to me , I've seen more QB's get hurt "trying to protect themselves" than just running and trying avoid a "direct" hit .. Tony Romo--That guy seems to never get a hard hit--he's an artist at avoiding the crushing blow.
Another thing -- to say someone has a "sprained knee" don't tell you much of anything. How many ligaments are sprained ? Which ligaments are sprained? I agree , he could be out until the Playoffs .. PLAYOFFS!!??
Or, he could play limited I'm sure -- against the Browns ..
Next week should be real interesting..
like I said. In my experience with players getting "sprained knees" that usually means a month. Just take Brandon Meriweather for example.

From personal experience in college I sprained my MCL twice, and was back playing on it about a week or so later. Didn't feel 100%, but it was definitely tolerable
oh ok. Well that's good news, I hope you are right, but that certainly wasn't the case with Meriweather to start the season.

Like I said -- it all depends on how many and which ligaments..If the ACL is sprained -- much less likely to play for awhile. PCL and MCL -- not quite as bad.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Like I said -- it all depends on how many and which ligaments..If the ACL is sprained -- much less likely to play for awhile. PCL and MCL -- not quite as bad.
yep. Great point. I definitely agree

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading on twitter (From @HTTR24_7 whom I consider a very reliable source) that the knee sprain is a grade 1 sprain, the lowest in severity.

We truly dodged a bullet on this one, here's hoping we learn and don't take too many chances with RGIII in the open field.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Reading on twitter (From @HTTR24_7 whom I consider a very reliable source) that the knee sprain is a grade 1 sprain, the lowest in severity.

We truly dodged a bullet on this one, here's hoping we learn and don't take too many chances with RGIII in the open field.

wow, amazing. When I saw his lower leg whiplash..I thought it was broken..Bones don't bend that much!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

thanks for the update jeezy. I hope he's right. Pray

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

thanks for the update jeezy. I hope he's right. Pray

If hes 90% sunday ill be thrilled!!!

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

I just want to say that this "24-7" has absolutely no affiliation with me. Wink
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 64 tackles, 1 INT, 2 PDefs, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 11 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a grade 1 sprain according to Mike Shanahan. He has not been ruled out for Cleveland.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
It is a grade 1 sprain according to Mike Shanahan. He has not been ruled out for Cleveland.

Let the legacy continue!!! Pray

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

@HTTR24_7 knows.

If you're on twitter and haven't followed him yet I definitely recommend you do.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

wow, amazing. When I saw his lower leg whiplash..I thought it was broken..Bones don't bend that much!

He was hit in just the right place not to break a major bone.

I WAS, however, worried about his patella (knee cap). Yes it moves as you move. But the leg is not designed to move in that direction so I was worried the patella would crack or cause alot of tearing to the ligaments.

Ugh, too many anatomy and physiology classes from back in college.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
mike23md wrote:

@HTTR24_7 knows.

If you're on twitter and haven't followed him yet I definitely recommend you do.

I will have to do so!

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's great news that its only a grade one sprain. Looking at the replays the way his leg whipped I thought it potentially much more severe.

I hope he gets back on the field quickly. He's been having a remarkable season and as a football fan he is exciting to watch. I can't remember the last time a rookie player brought this much to the game. I'm not a Redskins fan, obviously but my favourite all time QB played for Washington back in the day.
RG III has me searching the dial for Washington games and its simply because he is such a dynamic player and he makes the game so darned exciting.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

He just this on twitter:

@HTTR24_7
Quote:
Baylor fans know what Rob is all about. He came back in and played a half of football on a torn ACL in 2009.

True dat! Rg3 is one tough guy

mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

He just this on twitter:

@HTTR24_7
Quote:
Baylor fans know what Rob is all about. He came back in and played a half of football on a torn ACL in 2009.

True dat! Rg3 is one tough guy

Also, Dr. James Andrews was on the sideline when this happened and he continues to be for every game.

He is the leading surgeon when it comes to the ligaments of the knees or achilles and he gave Robert the full work up.

Why do you think that RGIII had an MRI on Sunday and not on Monday?
Most MRI's are conducted on Mondays.

But I dont care if he hast to sit all week and just throw the ball in practice. If that is what it takes to get him healthy to play, so be it.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: