Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect Highlight :: Dion Jordan DE/LB Oregon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16049
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Well then as a hybrid player, playing all over the field, in all 11 positions your right I think there is a 70% chance he busts.... If not higher.... Maybe closer to 99% in that scenario.


Really lowering the bar on reasonability here. Congrats.



Just being realistic considering there is no player in the nfl that I know of that performs that role. It sounds like a neat idea, but I don't think it's a likely scenario.


But I've already said he is a very physically talented player.... I love him as a 3-4 OLB... And if he adds muslce I think he could be a very good 4-3 DE... Jason Pierre-Paul type player maybe.


Its not an every single play a new position type role. Do you even remember Julian Peterson? Another guy was Adalius Thomas who played all over the field. I don't know that he ever lined up in the secondary but he played everyone in the front 7 from NT to rush backer to DE and Mike. There have been guys who have done it and done it well.


Adalius Thomas did in fact take a number of snaps at safety with the Patriots.


Good to know. Thanks ditch. So there are 2 examples just in the last 7-8 years of guys who are 250-270 who have played every position on the defense at times to create mismatches.


He's also played corner when he was a Raven, covering Chad Johnson.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/the_bonus/11/21/thomas/index.html?mobile=n
_________________

Mastercheddaar wrote:
this whole forum needs AA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kelbot


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 2154
Location: Dayton, OH
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like his ability as a pass rusher. If he interviews well and puts up decent numbers, I would be ok with using the recently-lowered first rounder on him. Especially if Heckert is the guy who makes that decision.
_________________
There's always money in the banana stand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownie man


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 6254
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
I like his ability as a pass rusher. If he interviews well and puts up decent numbers, I would be ok with using the recently-lowered first rounder on him. Especially if Heckert is the guy who makes that decision.


Dude if Heckert picks him I'll be pumped
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Browns should use there 2nd round pick on him Wink
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5313
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jevon Kearse was a college linebacker who never recorded more than 7.5 sacks in a season was then drafted to play DE and proceeded to set the NFL world on fire as a pass rusher.

Oh and just for DS he was also up for many post season awards dedicated to linebackers.

Anyway, the reason I came back USC game ::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdpzGUxkek4

0:27 Again shows his hand usage to get rid of blockers

0:47 Dips well to get under blocker and then you see the burst to get a hit on the QB

2:44 Nothing great but he shows top end accelaration as he almost gets there blitzing from CB. Only CB sized guys are suppose to accelarate that fast. He then uses his hands well to keep OTs hands off him just doesn't get there.

2:50 Again doesn't make the play but get to Barkley so fast he forced a quick throw. Quick decisions and quick throws lead to lots of turnovers in the NFL.

-Did a whole lot of running away from Dion and a lot of quick passes
-Gave up 24 points in 2 1/2 quarters with Dion and when he went down with a shoulder the defense fell apart.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Jevon Kearse was a college linebacker who never recorded more than 7.5 sacks in a season was then drafted to play DE and proceeded to set the NFL world on fire as a pass rusher.

Oh and just for DS he was also up for many post season awards dedicated to linebackers.

Anyway, the reason I came back USC game ::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdpzGUxkek4

0:27 Again shows his hand usage to get rid of blockers

0:47 Dips well to get under blocker and then you see the burst to get a hit on the QB

2:44 Nothing great but he shows top end accelaration as he almost gets there blitzing from CB. Only CB sized guys are suppose to accelarate that fast. He then uses his hands well to keep OTs hands off him just doesn't get there.

2:50 Again doesn't make the play but get to Barkley so fast he forced a quick throw. Quick decisions and quick throws lead to lots of turnovers in the NFL.

-Did a whole lot of running away from Dion and a lot of quick passes
-Gave up 24 points in 2 1/2 quarters with Dion and when he went down with a shoulder the defense fell apart.


good example of a guy that couldn't set the edge and flammed out do the being on the line and got beat up there, and then ended up a 3rd down specialist.

thanks for making my point for me. Wink
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16049
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your point is that you wouldn't draft Jevon Kearse, you should stop making points.
_________________

Mastercheddaar wrote:
this whole forum needs AA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12131
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
If your point is that you wouldn't draft Jevon Kearse, you should stop making points.
this
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12131
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gladly take a Jevon Kearse in his prime "The Freak" was a pass rushing Bad [inappropriate/removed]
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16049
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I would gladly take a Jevon Kearse in his prime "The Freak" was a pass rushing Bad [inappropriate/removed]


Who would want a rookie DROY, All-Pro and DPOY?
_________________

Mastercheddaar wrote:
this whole forum needs AA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5313
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I would gladly take a Jevon Kearse in his prime "The Freak" was a pass rushing Bad [inappropriate/removed]


Who would want a rookie DROY, All-Pro and DPOY?


haha seriously. Jevon Kearse was a force like no other during his prime. He signed one of the richest defensive deals every at that time to Philadelphia.

He didn't flame out because he lacked talent or bulk. He has a career shortened by injuries. Anyone can have a career derailed by injury and size or position has nothing to do with it just ask Courtney Brown who was a 280 pound DE. Some guys get hurt and some guys don't that is a risk with every single prospect in the draft.

DS you are grasping at straws because of your blind hate. I have given quality information over and over again and all you have is subjective opinions that lack any merit.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownie man


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 6254
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fishduck.com/2012/12/now-this-is-mayhem-dion-jordan/

Seems like a good guy too I think hes my 1B with Teo being 1A hopefully we're drafting low enough to make a play for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethr way I'd rather have Moore Werner or Montgomery than Jordon in the 43. AT least thye worth a damn on running play as a DE and are just as good pass rushers.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. Take Jordan over Werner or Montgomery....


But regardless, if the browns continue to win this will be a moot point.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2075
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
I. Take Jordan over Werner or Montgomery....


But regardless, if the browns continue to win this will be a moot point.


I have to agree with this. I like Jordans athleticism and versatility. He may need to add a little weight but not much. A lot of 4-3 DE these days are light and fast.

Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group