Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect Highlight :: Dion Jordan DE/LB Oregon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Scheme plays a gigantic role in drafting players !! If you don't know that them I'm wasting my time.

Now you're just being obtuse.

He has mentioned numerous times, in this thread alone but also all over this forum, that he believes Jordan is one of the rare prospects who transcend scheme.

Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Scheme plays a gigantic role in drafting players !! If you don't know that them I'm wasting my time.

He has mentioned numerous times, in this thread alone but also all over this forum, that he believes Jordan is one of the rare prospects who transcend scheme.

I'm pretty sure he was joking about putting him a free safety....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

I'm pretty sure he was joking about putting him a free safety....

Yes I was joking about him at free saftey, however, I am not joking that he is one of those players than transcends scheme. Also, if it came down to playing FS for a few plays then no I am not joking. I have compared him numerous times to Julian Peterson. Several times in his career Julian Peterson lined up at all 11 positions in one single game in order to hide him from the offense and create mismatches for Peterson. I believe Dion Jordan is that type of player.

I have no idea who the San Francisco defensive coordinator was during those years but it is going to take a DC willing to be creative but I believe Jauron is one of those defensive minds. He turned Roosevelt Colvin into a sack master in Chicago from the LB position. He can do the same for Dion Jordan here.

Jamison on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then as a hybrid player, playing all over the field, in all 11 positions your right I think there is a 70% chance he busts.... If not higher.... Maybe closer to 99% in that scenario.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Well then as a hybrid player, playing all over the field, in all 11 positions your right I think there is a 70% chance he busts.... If not higher.... Maybe closer to 99% in that scenario.

Really lowering the bar on reasonability here. Congrats.

Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Just being realistic considering there is no player in the nfl that I know of that performs that role. It sounds like a neat idea, but I don't think it's a likely scenario.

But I've already said he is a very physically talented player.... I love him as a 3-4 OLB... And if he adds muslce I think he could be a very good 4-3 DE... Jason Pierre-Paul type player maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Just being realistic considering there is no player in the nfl that I know of that performs that role. It sounds like a neat idea, but I don't think it's a likely scenario.

But I've already said he is a very physically talented player.... I love him as a 3-4 OLB... And if he adds muslce I think he could be a very good 4-3 DE... Jason Pierre-Paul type player maybe.

Its not an every single play a new position type role. Do you even remember Julian Peterson? Another guy was Adalius Thomas who played all over the field. I don't know that he ever lined up in the secondary but he played everyone in the front 7 from NT to rush backer to DE and Mike. There have been guys who have done it and done it well.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan vs Stanford(2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMoel8E3HaE

0:09 Obviously not a great play but he shows the smarts to realize he is getting up field to far and circles back. A lot of NFL guys keep runing up field.

0:32 Kept outside shoulder free then blows up defender in the bacfield to
make great play against the run.

0:48 Did very well to get leverage and walk the LT back to the QB but he
has to do a better job at getting ride of him and not letting Hogan outside.

1:53 Does a nice job pinching in while keeping outside shoulder free then
blows up a blocker for another nice play in the run game.

2:07 Have no idea what happend because it was already in progress but he was obvioulsy causing problems in the backfield

2:14 Does get upfield to far would have liked to see the spin inside he has
used before.

2:55 Used as a downlineman in short yardage situation beats his man with a quick swim move

3:03 Ouch. fooled big time by the fake. I don't know if it was hime who had the QB or if a LB should have been scraping. Either way it was bad.

3:11 Gets off the edge quick. Was a run away from him anything less and he blows it up.

3:29 Watch his reaction time to the ball snapped and his explosion off the
ball. Again I know it was a run away from him but tell me how many guys
have that kind of quick explosion and acceleration like him?

4:25 Gotta get off the block and make the play in the hole

4:49 Does a much better job of taking on the blocker here also keeping his outside shoulder free and getting ride of blocker to make the play in the backfield.

5:21 Does a great job getting low and taking on the lead blocker. Needs to be a linebacker scrapping right there for sure.

5:37 beats his man by simply having far superior quick feet and quick
hands. Exploded by him and slapped his hands off him to make the play.

6:06 Shows his underrated upper body strenght by tossing the blocker to the side like a rag doll.

6:15 A little to soon but that happens to everyone

6:31 Great upper body explosion when he gets to the LT and delivers a pop then walks him back to the QB.

6:41 Darn near got off the edge so fast he was almost able to catch the RB in the backfield before he could dive for a 1st down. Can't tell me he
doesn't have crazy burst.

Jamison on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious, What do you think he weighs when he shows up at the combine?

He is listed at 245 now, and we all know these guys are usually listed more than thy actually are....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Curious, What do you think he weighs when he shows up at the combine?

He is listed at 245 now, and we all know these guys are usually listed more than thy actually are....

I don't know maybe try reading my post. See how am I suppose to take anything you say seriously when it doesn't even sound like you watch the guy and no you obviously didn't read my OP.

I think he will come to the combine between 255-262 in order to show teams he can add weight. I don't believe that is going to be his playing weight though. I think he will be more comfortable 252-255 and play at that weight. The combine is just for show and he will add weight just for show.

Although I did just read where Dion Jordan does not want sacrifice his speed to gain weight. He did say he believes he has the frame to add as much as he wants which is pretty obvious.

Jamison on the sig
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Its not an every single play a new position type role. Do you even remember Julian Peterson? Another guy was Adalius Thomas who played all over the field. I don't know that he ever lined up in the secondary but he played everyone in the front 7 from NT to rush backer to DE and Mike. There have been guys who have done it and done it well.

Adalius Thomas did in fact take a number of snaps at safety with the Patriots.

Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we decided to go the route of taking a DE in the first round, here are some that may or may not be available at the time we pick.

1. Moore
2. Mingo
3. Montgomery
4. Werner
5. JORDAN

All of them are intriguing as prospects. Mingo is built similarly to Jordan, but I actually like what I've seen from his teammate Montgomery even more.

I would rank them like this:

1. Moore
2. Montgomery
3. Jordan
4. Werner
5. Mingo

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Good to know. Thanks ditch. So there are 2 examples just in the last 7-8 years of guys who are 250-270 who have played every position on the defense at times to create mismatches.

Jamison on the sig
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Posts in here.....
My apologies that I am late to the party....

I see arguments on both sides....but I am a BIG, Jordan supporter...IMO there is not another defender in college football with this type of versatility.....

I would argue that those who say he cannot stop the run have not actually watched more than the highlights of a game....this kid does need size....but he plays VERY well with Leverage....and with 6 1/2 years of B.J.J. if a man who is 6'7 243 lbs with his type of build....plays with proper leverage he will play 25lbs heavier then his weight.....and with this kid only 2 years into a transition....He will easily fill out in the 260lbs range and retain his movement skills....

While it may take a year or two for him to become a full time starter (JPP, Aldon Smith...I could keep going)....if he comes in year one and has a stat line like 39tks / 8.5 tksfl / 4 ints /9.5 sacks / 4 ff / 2 FR

I dont see another player in this draft that could that type of impact on a D.....IMO...Javis Jones would have potentially larger sack numbers...but have you ever seen him in coverage.....Liability.....

Dion Jordan or bust......IMO

And at the scheme argument......dose anyone in here think that JJ Watts sack totals would go DOWN if he played in 4-3? Or that Melvin Ingram hasnt been SD best defender this season....Jordan has scheme versatility...which IMO is a + not a -

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: