Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect Highlight :: Dion Jordan DE/LB Oregon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

226 is a problem. I'd be worried if he showed up at 226. I don't understand how Dion and Aliotti say in one artical that he played at 246 and then another artical they are saying he played at 226? Was this after his shoulder injury in Colorado? Was this early in his defense career when he was in the 220s? He certainly looks bigger than 226. I would have guessed 240 myself which as a playing weight I wouldn't be too concerned about a huge portion of the NFL plays below there listed weight.

Going back to Jason Taylor I read and artical about him quite a few years back where he would start out the season in the high 250s and end up the year playing in the low 230s.

I ideally want to see him between 248-255.

Jamison on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
226 is a problem. I'd be worried if he showed up at 226. I don't understand how Dion and Aliotti say in one artical that he played at 246 and then another artical they are saying he played at 226? Was this after his shoulder injury in Colorado? Was this early in his defense career when he was in the 220s? He certainly looks bigger than 226. I would have guessed 240 myself which as a playing weight I wouldn't be too concerned about a huge portion of the NFL plays below there listed weight.

Going back to Jason Taylor I read and artical about him quite a few years back where he would start out the season in the high 250s and end up the year playing in the low 230s.

Its a lot of weight to gain in such a short period of time, but if at the combine he shows up at 250 like he is planning I think its fine... especially for a 34 team. a 43 team may want him bigger but will think he can grow into it.

just something to consider... like a player that has trouble keeping weight off (Andre Smith) I also would worry about a guy that might not be able to keep weight on...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Its a lot of weight to gain in such a short period of time, but if at the combine he shows up at 250 like he is planning I think its fine... especially for a 34 team. a 43 team may want him bigger but will think he can grow into it.

just something to consider... like a player that has trouble keeping weight off (Andre Smith) I also would worry about a guy that might not be able to keep weight on...

Depends on a lot of things we don't know. Like I said we don't know if he lost this weight after the injury. If he did then I can see him putting the weight back on quickly.

Also, I have read on numerous occasions about players who start the year at said listing weight and by the end of the season are playing 15-20 pounds lighter. Others have done it and I believe he can too.

If we are to stick with a 43 and he is in the 240s I may have to back off my dream of Dion as a Brown. I will have to pray Damontre Moore falls to us because after Dion and Moore I don't see a high quality DE in this draft. Might be time to do some more watching of Dee Milliner and Mike Glennon.

Jamison on the sig
bulldog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kenjon-barner-dion-jordan-starred-oregon-nfl-challenge-013658726--nfl.html

Hoy $%^& he played 226lbs. No wonder he was injured.

@6-7 if he shows up at the combine under 255 it will be a big red flag IMO.

Its funny you bring this point up but ignore the part where they say Jared Allen is taller than him. Which, other than weight, has been your biggest grip about him.

He will be fine.

umm... Jared Allen was 6-6 265 at the combine. Same height.

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Jared&l=Allen&i=6742

from the above article about Jordan...

Quote:
Gaines said, "I don't know how he played football at 226 pounds... (the) plan here is to get Jordan up to 250 pounds by the scouting combine.... Jordan has put on seven pounds since he arrived at the training facility, which puts him at 234, and the idea is to gain four pounds per week."

Sounds to me like not only does DawgSoldier, Jordan and his trainer believe that his weight matters, but so will NFL teams.

I've stated, in this thread, that he needs to gain more weight. So I don't know what you trying to point out to me....

My post was strictly about the height

Quote:
"With Dion, leverage works against him, because of the way he's built, but that doesn't mean that you can't correct it and teach him leverage," Glazer told me. "I mean, Jared Allen's taller than him, but that guy gets low. When we first got him, he didn't -- he would stand straight up. We've done a ton of Greco-Roman pummeling, just so he can understand how the human body works. I'll lock up with these guys, and go over and under, and these guys should be able to toss me all over. We've worked to get him to drop his base, lover his levels, and get his hips under me. So, even though he's about 6-foot-7, he was able to get his hips as low as mine after a couple of days."

DS's whole thing against him is that he's not strong enough and he's too tall.....

And since we don't know his actual measurements yet, its a hard thing to have an opinion on.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kenjon-barner-dion-jordan-starred-oregon-nfl-challenge-013658726--nfl.html

Hoy $%^& he played 226lbs. No wonder he was injured.

@6-7 if he shows up at the combine under 255 it will be a big red flag IMO.

Its funny you bring this point up but ignore the part where they say Jared Allen is taller than him. Which, other than weight, has been your biggest grip about him.

He will be fine.

umm... Jared Allen was 6-6 265 at the combine. Same height.

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Jared&l=Allen&i=6742

from the above article about Jordan...

Quote:
Gaines said, "I don't know how he played football at 226 pounds... (the) plan here is to get Jordan up to 250 pounds by the scouting combine.... Jordan has put on seven pounds since he arrived at the training facility, which puts him at 234, and the idea is to gain four pounds per week."

Sounds to me like not only does DawgSoldier, Jordan and his trainer believe that his weight matters, but so will NFL teams.

I've stated, in this thread, that he needs to gain more weight. So I don't know what you trying to point out to me....

My post was strictly about the height.

Quote:
"With Dion, leverage works against him, because of the way he's built, but that doesn't mean that you can't correct it and teach him leverage," Glazer told me. "I mean, Jared Allen's taller than him, but that guy gets low. When we first got him, he didn't -- he would stand straight up. We've done a ton of Greco-Roman pummeling, just so he can understand how the human body works. I'll lock up with these guys, and go over and under, and these guys should be able to toss me all over. We've worked to get him to drop his base, lover his levels, and get his hips under me. So, even though he's about 6-foot-7, he was able to get his hips as low as mine after a couple of days."

DS's whole thing against him is that he's not strong enough and he's too tall.....

And since we don't know his actual measurements yet, its a hard thing to have an opinion on.

You do mention both height and weight in your quote, but my height comment was directed to your Allen comparison. The weight comment is in response to the article and to other readers.

I beleive DSs opinion is the same as mine that Dion Jordan simply does not enough muscle on his frame to be able to play 43 DE. Its not just his height or just his weight per say but rather the combination of the two.

I like Jordan, one of my favorite DE/OLB prospects in the draft, but right now he is built more like a WR. No way would I drop a top 10 pick on him to play in a 43.... hopefully at the combine he shows up like Arnold and everyone freaks about how he added so much muscle without Roids... lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he does show up light it is clearly going to negatively effect his stock. I personally don't care what his playing weight is because I feel he is still the highest upside pass rusher in this draft. If he does show light and slips to the mid teens to twenties some team is going to get the steal of the draft.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: