Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect Highlight :: Dion Jordan DE/LB Oregon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't he get hurt in the bowl game? Anyways...It will be interesting to see which of the top rated DE's make the biggest impact in the NFL. I would say
Moore, Werner, Mingo, and Jordan will probably be the first 4 taken.

At this point, it would be great to get any player that can rush the passer.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131332/dion-jordan

Oregon senior OLB Dion Jordan will undergo surgery to repair a torn labrum, according to SI's Tony Pauline.

Drops him down to border line 1st rounder as 34 OLB. Most Likely out of the top 25 IMO.

How long would this injury sideline him???

Would he be ready by start of season? If so, i don't know why it should drop him that far.

I read 24 weeks on about all 3 players so far this postseason(Jordan, Ware and Allen).

That would put all three of them back on the field by July.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
Didn't he get hurt in the bowl game? Anyways...It will be interesting to see which of the top rated DE's make the biggest impact in the NFL. I would say
Moore, Werner, Mingo, and Jordan will probably be the first 4 taken.

At this point, it would be great to get any player that can rush the passer.

He actually hurt it way back in the Colorado game and tried to play through it. Obviously cannot question his toughness.

Jamison on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While its still a tough injury a torn labrum is not as debilitating for a defender as it is say for a pitcher in badeball

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Oregon senior OLB Dion Jordan will undergo surgery to repair a torn labrum, according to SI's Tony Pauline.

Drops him down to border line 1st rounder as 34 OLB. Most Likely out of the top 25 IMO.

Would he be ready by start of season? If so, i don't know why it should drop him that far.

I read 24 weeks on about all 3 players so far this postseason(Jordan, Ware and Allen).

Seems about right. But the issue of not enough muscle bulk on a 6-7 guy is still there. 6-7 and 245 is pretty skinny for the NFL IMO. Personally I think the guy needs to put on 15-20 lbs just to protect his body. Confused

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Seems about right. But the issue of not enough muscle bulk on a 6-7 guy is still there. 6-7 and 245 is pretty skinny for the NFL IMO. Personally I think the guy needs to put on 15-20 lbs just to protect his body. Confused

I definitely agree that he needs to add weight.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Taylor admitts playing at 250 and he did pretty darn well. He doesn't need to be 260-265 to succeed.

I will agree I would like to see him get to 252-255 but that is all he need IMO. Anything bigger without a loss of explosiveness or speed would just be an added bonus.

And lets no pretend he won't add weight in the NFL. Casey Hampton came into the league a 309. Justin Smith was 267 as a rookie. Ray Lewis put on 15 pounds very early in his career. Guys like Aaron Maybin who cannot put weight on is false. It is that they refuse to put in the work it takes to add that weight. It is a lot of hard work to add muscle when you have high metabolism. I know I was a 5'3 130 pound scrappy high school kid who wasn't big enough for college ball. I worked harder than anyone in the weight room and stayed coarse on strick eating habits better than anyone to get up to 167. Its not hard to see Dion is no where near as lazy as Maybin so he will gain some weight. He may not get to 265-270 but he doesn't need to get that big.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Jason Taylor admitts playing at 250 and he did pretty darn well. He doesn't need to be 260-265 to succeed.

I will agree I would like to see him get to 252-255 but that is all he need IMO. Anything bigger without a loss of explosiveness or speed would just be an added bonus.

And lets no pretend he won't add weight in the NFL. Casey Hampton came into the league a 309. Justin Smith was 267 as a rookie. Ray Lewis put on 15 pounds very early in his career. Guys like Aaron Maybin who cannot put weight on is false. It is that they refuse to put in the work it takes to add that weight. It is a lot of hard work to add muscle when you have high metabolism. I know I was a 5'3 130 pound scrappy high school kid who wasn't big enough for college ball. I worked harder than anyone in the weight room and stayed coarse on strick eating habits better than anyone to get up to 167. Its not hard to see Dion is no where near as lazy as Maybin so he will gain some weight. He may not get to 265-270 but he doesn't need to get that big.

jason taylor was shorter than 6-7 also. again I was talking about 260-265
range. Which IMO should be around his playing weight IMO.

bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Taylor was 6'6"

Can't disagree about the weight though. If he got anywhere between 255 and 270, it would be great.
CBrownsman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats your oppinion of this guy as a 3-4 OLB. Sheard seems like hes going to be the OLB that rushes most downs, so we need one that can rush and drop back into coverage well. It seems like Jordan can do that well and certainly has the size to cover the big tight ends in the game. Especially if this Injury makes him drop a little bit, what would you guys think if we traded back 8-10 picks and took him to play OLB opposite Jabaal Sheard? (this is all speculation if we switch to the 3-4)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Taylor was 6'6"

Can't disagree about the weight though. If he got anywhere between 255 and 270, it would be great.

I just want him to wrap his ligaments in more muscle and add strength. It would help his game a lot IMO. As he would be stouter at the PoA.

mas_atc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Would he be ready by start of season?
If so, i don't know why it should drop him that far.

For young athletes you are looking at a 3-4 month recovery process with rehab... for an NFL player probably anywhere from 4-6 if I had to guess. He would be able to do most of the combine drills with the exception of Bench, and would definitely be ready to go by training camp.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kenjon-barner-dion-jordan-starred-oregon-nfl-challenge-013658726--nfl.html

Hoy $%^& he played 226lbs. No wonder he was injured.

@6-7 if he shows up at the combine under 255 it will be a big red flag IMO.

bulldog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kenjon-barner-dion-jordan-starred-oregon-nfl-challenge-013658726--nfl.html

Its funny you bring this point up but ignore the part where they say Jared Allen is taller than him. Which, other than weight, has been your biggest grip about him.

He will be fine.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Its funny you bring this point up but ignore the part where they say Jared Allen is taller than him. Which, other than weight, has been your biggest grip about him.

He will be fine.

umm... Jared Allen was 6-6 265 at the combine. Same height.

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Jared&l=Allen&i=6742

from the above article about Jordan...

Quote:
Gaines said, "I don't know how he played football at 226 pounds... (the) plan here is to get Jordan up to 250 pounds by the scouting combine.... Jordan has put on seven pounds since he arrived at the training facility, which puts him at 234, and the idea is to gain four pounds per week."

Sounds to me like not only does DawgSoldier, Jordan and his trainer believe that his weight matters, but so will NFL teams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: