Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect Highlight :: Dion Jordan DE/LB Oregon
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Prospect Highlight :: Dion Jordan DE/LB Oregon Reply with quote

Dion Jordan is listed a 6'7 243 and I estimate he will measure between 6'5 3/4 to 6/6 1/4 and 255-262 at the combine. He is used as a jack of all trades at Oregon. He covers slot recievers, rushes from the edge, lines up on the left and right side of the defense as well as covers the perimiter reciever at times.

He is young to defense as he only made the switch his sophmore year yet has taken in so much so well the coaching staff kept building on their scheme for him. He is an underrated force for the Oregon defense that is no where near the same when he is off the field.

In limited pass rush oppurtunities he has racked up 29 TFL and 14.5 Sacks over 3 years.

He is just one break down of one game. I will do everyone I can find on the internet as I do not know how to get my taped games to internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVicjLxsI_U

0:22 Elite burst off edge for sack
0:46 Breaks down in open field then delivers big hit
1:11 Explodes off the ball and turns the corner(gotta finish)
1:35 Uses his hands well to stack the defender then throws him off him only to be grabbed an held. That would be called 95% of the time.
1:44 Again uses his hands well and is held again
1:52 Shows an inside spin move(Didn't hear but I have seen him make it work for a sack)
2:08 Nice burst off the line and then great dip and rip to turn the corner
2:27 Extense his arms and to keep the LT off him then powers him back to the QB.
2:46 More or less a spy. He shows closing speed to keep the QB from getting the edge and turned him back inside.
3:22 Again explodes off the edge and nearly gets to the QB before the quick pass.

There is not a single pass rusher in this draft that has the same burst, closing speed, athletic ability, variety of moves, use of hands and power that Dion Jordan displays. There is also not a single player in this draft the possess the elite upside of Dion Jordan. He may be more of a gamble than some players but its a gamble that could pay off huge.

If Dion Jordan has all his nuts and bolts in place inside that skull and has the work ethic it takes to be successful in the NFL then the kid is going to be successful no matter what scheme or position he plays. It doesn't matter where you put him if he focuses on that role he could be a Pro Bowl Sam Linebacker, Pro Bowl 34 Pass Rusher, or 43 DE.

I know recently more and more are coming out of the wood work wanting nothing to do with this guy and I seriously question whether or not anyone has watched him or if they just saw the stat sheet. If you cannot see the upside of this guy I honesly do not know how you can see the upside in any prospect.

I will break down more and more Dion Jordan of what I can find online. Obviously it is not the best form of 'scouting' but I have no other way to get what I have to the internet.

Talk about it...

Jamison on the sig
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He and Moore are my 2 favorite DE's in this class.

He's the type of talent who can line up all over and create headaches for opposing OC's.

We need a guy or two like this.

I'd be thrilled if we landed him.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha I can already see where this thread is gonna go

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. Wink

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Let that kid say whatever he wants but the fact of the matter is Dion Jordan can play where ever he wants to play and be great at it. I'm not telling him he is wrong for saying he is a linebacker. Dion could play 34 or 43 linebacker at a high level. I am telling him he is wrong because he is saying he can ONLY play linebacker. I'm sure a lot of people said Julian Peterson could only player linebacker, or Billy Winn could only play DT, or Justin Tuck could only play DE, or Bruce Matthews could only play OG, or Rod Woodson could only play CB and I could go on and on and on and on. Players with great abilities, great IQ and great coaching can play almost anywhere in any scheme period.

Jamison on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Let that kid say whatever he wants but the fact of the matter is Dion Jordan can play where ever he wants to play and be great at it. I'm not telling him he is wrong for saying he is a linebacker. Dion could play 34 or 43 linebacker at a high level. I am telling him he is wrong because he is saying he can ONLY play linebacker. I'm sure a lot of people said Julian Peterson could only player linebacker, or Billy Winn could only play DT, or Justin Tuck could only play DE, or Bruce Matthews could only play OG, or Rod Woodson could only play CB and I could go on and on and on and on. Players with great abilities, great IQ and great coaching can play almost anywhere in any scheme period.
I agree, I think the kid has the dynamic ability to play 4-3 DE,LB, or 3-4 LB

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has the potential to be a very good player. With a couple years he could turn into a great 4-3 DE... Or 3-4 OLB... Or even a 4-3 OLB - maybe a Joker? .....

My issue with him is that he has a very high ceiling, but right now he is very much a project player. I'm just not sure the browns are in position to spend such a high pick on a project when there are other high talent players that are more complete players and could step in and play day 1.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
I think he has the potential to be a very good player. With a couple years he could turn into a great 4-3 DE... Or 3-4 OLB... Or even a 4-3 OLB - maybe a Joker? .....

My issue with him is that he has a very high ceiling, but right now he is very much a project player. I'm just not sure the browns are in position to spend such a high pick on a project when there are other high talent players that are more complete players and could step in and play day 1.

What makes him a project player? He can contribute to our anemic pass rush immediately.

They said JPP was a project player also, and the Giants had a decent veteran starting RDE. Good teams take risks on talent and bad teams draft "safe" players in the top 10 year after year.

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes a beast. Very interesting player. His measurables at the combine will be very important for him but I think he will dominate there. Sky is the limit for this kid. Him, Jarvis Jones, and Anthony Barr are my three favorite pass rushers in the draft.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

What makes him a project player? He can contribute to our anemic pass rush immediately.

They said JPP was a project player also, and the Giants had a decent veteran starting RDE. Good teams take risks on talent and bad teams draft "safe" players in the top 10 year after year.

He can contribute immediately on obvious passing downs... THe rest of the time he would be a liability on the field until he develops. Now maybe in a couple years, as he adds weight, learns pass rush moves, how to anchor the edge, etc. he could turn into a complete 4-3 DE as you wish he would be, but at this point he is not.

First, The browns are NOT a great team. Second, Good teams don't draft top 10 year after year because they WIN games.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we keep winning, we won't be able to sniff this kid. He will be gone. I like anyone that can get to the QB. Exactly the type of player this team needs.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

Aldon Smith, DeMarcus Ware and Jason Pierre Paul were projects as well.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

He can contribute immediately on obvious passing downs... THe rest of the time he would be a liability on the field until he develops. Now maybe in a couple years, as he adds weight, learns pass rush moves, how to anchor the edge, etc. he could turn into a complete 4-3 DE as you wish he would be, but at this point he is not.

First, The browns are NOT a great team. Second, Good teams don't draft top 10 year after year because they WIN games.

He is way better against the run, at setting the edge and anchoring than you give him credit for. For a man who is 6'7 he does an amazing job at getting leverage.

Jamison on the sig
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Never said the Browns were a great team, but they are definitely trying to be good. Picks like Josh Gordon show they'll take on a project if he has natural talent.

Who cares what he is "at this point"? Rookies develop. Hardly anybody is an All-Pro fresh off the draft. The goal is to get guys you think can get there, and to figure out how to use them until they do.

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.

Last edited by ditchdigger on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

Aldon Smith, DeMarcus Ware and Jason Pierre Paul were projects as well.

Great to you can name the best of the bet that made I, but what about those that failed?

More or less than 3 you think?

What is the impact on the browns over the next 3... 5... Years if he fails?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: