Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weapons needed..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to know what you guys think of the play calling on offense this season. Do you guys think OC Mike Sherman did a good job there? We went from 20.6 ppg last season (20th) to 18 ppg this season (27th).

Do you think Sherman did a good job for the most part or not? Or is it hard to judge because the team is lacking a few play makers and the players are still learning the new system? Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
Just want to know what you guys think of the play calling on offense this season. Do you guys think OC Mike Sherman did a good job there? We went from 20.6 ppg last season (20th) to 18 ppg this season (27th).

Do you think Sherman did a good job for the most part or not? Or is it hard to judge because the team is lacking a few play makers and the players are still learning the new system? Thoughts?

Rookie QB, new system, lack of playmakers...I think its hard to judge his effectiveness as an OC. I think next year will be a better baseline as to what he can do as a coordinator.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Fins20??SBChamp wrote:

Rookie QB, new system, lack of playmakers...I think its hard to judge his effectiveness as an OC. I think next year will be a better baseline as to what he can do as a coordinator.

I didn't like Sherman or our QB Coach coming into this season, and while both did a little better than I gave them credit for, I'd still rather find somone else to fill both positions.

I like that we finally switched to a WCO, but I almost wish we hadn't with Norv Turner available again. Say what you will about Norv as a HC, but he's a great OC IMO, and no one runs the Coryell system better. I'd love to see Norv return as our OC if we weren't in a WCO install.
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Fins20??SBChamp wrote:

Completely agree. Just look at yesterday as an example of how many points we threw away. Reggie's fumble inside the 5, Tanny missing Reggie wide open down the sideline, Binns dropped TD, and a missed FG (weather was bad, I know). That's 24 points right there that we should've had potentially on the board with a depleted line and nobody other than Really Hartline to catch passes. No Bess and no Clay, who I think will be key to next season. Our line was terrible yesterday giving up 7 sacks and upgrading should be our first order of business.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Fins20??SBChamp wrote:

Completely agree. Just look at yesterday as an example of how many points we threw away. Reggie's fumble inside the 5, Tanny missing Reggie wide open down the sideline, Binns dropped TD, and a missed FG (weather was bad, I know). That's 24 points right there that we should've had potentially on the board with a depleted line and nobody other than Really Hartline to catch passes. No Bess and no Clay, who I think will be key to next season. Our line was terrible yesterday giving up 7 sacks and upgrading should be our first order of business.

Anyone suggesting Miami needs to change offensive coordinators or QB coach is not knowledgeable. The last thing Tanney needs is a new system. Nothing retards the growth of a young QB than changing coordinators. Look at Jay Cutler. He played well under Shanahan then it has gone downhill.
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Anyone suggesting Miami needs to change offensive coordinators or QB coach is not knowledgeable. The last thing Tanney needs is a new system. Nothing retards the growth of a young QB than changing coordinators. Look at Jay Cutler. He played well under Shanahan then it has gone downhill.

Nobody here has suggested that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Nobody here has suggested that.

I was just gonna say that. I know I didn't say anything about heeding a change. Tanny's confidence for the most part is there. I just want to see him progress as his career goes along. With weapons we will see him get A LOT better.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The play calling was limited imo. We should have been using Reggie in the passing game way before week 15. The lack of playmakers also hindered the offensive playcalling. T-hill started to throw over the middle which is good sign that he is developing more and is feeling good in this system

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there is a lot of speculation that Percy Harvin will not be back with the Vikings next season. He is under contract for one more season. He is definitely a play maker. He can make the big plays and score from anywhere on the field. He is only 24 and has missed 10 games in 4 seasons.

My question is, would you be OK if the Fins traded for Percy? If so, how much would you be willing to give up for him? Do you see him as a better option than Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings?

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
So there is a lot of speculation that Percy Harvin will not be back with the Vikings next season. He is under contract for one more season. He is definitely a play maker. He can make the big plays and score from anywhere on the field. He is only 24 and has missed 10 games in 4 seasons.

My question is, would you be OK if the Fins traded for Percy? If so, how much would you be willing to give up for him? Do you see him as a better option than Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings?

I would be shocked if the Vikings don't retain Harvin's services. They would, I would guess, easily use the franchise tag if needed. Harvin is beyond a difference maker. In order to entertain your question I will ignore that the Vikings will almost certain bring him back, and I would give up our 1st to get him. He is a truly special player.

The better question may be, why would Harvin even consider playing for Miami?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: