Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weapons needed..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also getting real tired of being stuck in the same position every year. Every year Miami is in the bottom half of the league in points scored and touchdowns. Every year Miami's arrow is pointing up because they are stuck in the basement. It just hit me. The Miami Dolphins are the Cleveland Browns. A team that will put up a tough game but at the end of the day they have fewer than 19 points scored. Every freaking season it is the same thing. No matter if it is Bill Parcells, Tony Sparano or God himself, Miami is just inept offensively. They never seem to have the right parts. The offense is turrible. They cannot do anything. They lack an identify. I have never seen a offensive line who is not good at something. This bunch cannot pass or run block. The best offensive line Miami had in recent memory was when Ricky Williams ran for 1800 yards. Why? Because they were good at something. They ran the damm ball. I have never seen a team invest so much money and draft picks in a offensive line that is this bad.

Jonathan Martin is a joke. A borderline liability. Today he gets embarrassed but if you watched him throughout the season, he has been getting run over on the right side as well.

Miami cant get rid of Jake Long now. I have never seen Jake Long get the help Jonathan Martin got today. It sucks too because Jake Long does not fit the Miami mold. He cannot move like Jonathan Martin but Jake Long will not get man handled either.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run defense and running game are secondary to pass defense and passing game. We are completely reversed and that's why we are losing and not winning.

1. Three new lineman.
2. Two new receivers.
3. One new defensive end.
4. One new defensive back.
5. Ryan Tannehill's development.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weapons.....The best player on this team is the center...granted he's a damn good center (perhaps the best in the NFL), but that is not a good thing. WR, TE, OL, CB, DE....all needed and all can't be addressed in one offseason. Be prepared for at least one more season of mediocrity until these area's are addressed.
carlos2104

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Run defense and running game are secondary to pass defense and passing game. We are completely reversed and that's why we are losing and not winning.

1. Three new lineman.
2. Two new receivers.

oh, well if that's all we need Laughing
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, oh man, if we could only get the NFL's leading receiver! I'd totally be willing to give up both of our picks in the 3rd round for a perennial all pro who already has over 100 catches on the season. Good thing our front office knows what its doing. I'm sure if a guy that is averaging 100+ yards a game and has 9 TD's were to be available we'd get him and build a studly WR corp around him.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Man, oh man, if we could only get the NFL's leading receiver! I'd totally be willing to give up both of our picks in the 3rd round for a perennial all pro who already has over 100 catches on the season. Good thing our front office knows what its doing. I'm sure if a guy that is averaging 100+ yards a game and has 9 TD's were to be available we'd get him and build a studly WR corp around him.

But when the leading receiver does NOT want to be here, and makes it abundantly clear that he does not want to be here to the front office and coaching staff, what good does he do us? Do you really want that?

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:

Yea. We cannot succeed with our current receivers and tight ends. The offensive line also needs some help. Tannehill has done all he can with this season. I'm ready to for the season to be over, theres just nothing else to be gained this year. We're probably going to finish about 6-10 I think.

FF Member #67
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

But when the leading receiver does NOT want to be here, and makes it abundantly clear that he does not want to be here to the front office and coaching staff, what good does he do us? Do you really want that?

I've heard the "he didn''t want to be here" argument from the get-go. I beg you, and any other fan, to please keep track of how many players ask to be released or traded each year. And then note, how many of them actually part ways with their respective teams. The number is probably around half, maybe a little less. Simply because a player wants out doesn't mean they get out. The fact is, Marshall might not have been thrilled, but once he worked out with Tannehill and played a few games, I'm betting he would have been fine. Tannehill is a good QB. Marshall just wanted some hope and a decent QB, and Tannehill represents that. All Tannehill needs is a WR or two who is legit. Right now, he has mediocre talent at the WR spot and he is limited in how much he can produce based on the lack of skill at the WR and TE positions. Marshall would have been fine and is all pro talent worthy of much more than two stupid 3rd rounders. Ireland choked, big time.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone be willing to part with a 2nd and a 3rd for the disgruntle Fitzgerald?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's painfully Obvious that we need playmakers at WR n TE. However I would start with DE especially if Dion Jordan is on the board! The kid has freakish skills Ala JPP. We need to add another pass rusher to go with Cam. We play the pats twice a yr and we need to focus on shutting them down rather than trying to out score them. Then I go WR n TE in the second and gimme a G and a DB in the third after that I could careless. Maybe we double down on WR,DB & G while picking up a LB for depth we still have four picks left!
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure we have needs on offense and a few on defense. Speaking strictly speaking draft. Do you draft someone out of need or do you draft bpa?

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 10, Tackles 10 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 9 : Death 27 Joe 34
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Sure we have needs on offense and a few on defense. Speaking strictly speaking draft. Do you draft someone out of need or do you draft bpa?

Best Player Available.....if you can trade back for more picks...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos2104 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

1. Three new lineman.
2. Two new receivers.

Our defense is at worst solid. What we need is an entirely new offense. Notice that I never said "star." Tag Long or start Incognito/Jerry for one more season and sign one FA while drafting another. Then do the same for receivers. That's two picks and two signings which is very manageable and as long as Tannehill develops, with a decent Thomas/Miller running game, we should be able to match-up well with other offenses. The DE and DB are secondary issues in a team with a one man pass rush and an unspectacular backfield.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
carlos2104 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

1. Three new lineman.
2. Two new receivers.

Our defense is at worst solid. What we need is an entirely new offense. Notice that I never said "star." Tag Long or start Incognito/Jerry for one more season and sign one FA while drafting another. Then do the same for receivers. That's two picks and two signings which is very manageable and as long as Tannehill develops, with a decent Thomas/Miller running game, we should be able to match-up well with other offenses. The DE and DB are secondary issues in a team with a one man pass rush and an unspectacular backfield.
I'd venture to say we need 2 DB's
alant_8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been thinking, we all say we need "a playmaker" on offense but surely the first thing we need is variety? We have a group of similar sized and styled recievers who basically dont offer anything different to the other (incl TE)...we have no deep threat / Speed at WR, we also have no Height, again we lack a Tall/Redzone TE.

Not many of us seem to be convinced that there is one stand out cant miss WR prospect in the draft, so surely the most sensible thing would be (guess whats coming) sorting out a need where there is a higher standard of player at BPA be it DE/CB/OT/G.

Its also appears we've concluded that this draft class is weak, but also has depth, so the rest of the picks imo should be spent on a variety of offensive weapons like a speedy WR etc rather than looking for one stand out guy. Obviously to avoid another Gates situation they have to be 'football players' most other teams have managed to find these players regardless of round (colts-hilton, Saints with Colston)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: