Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

kirk cousins trade value
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever! I don't make baseless statements. I just didn't explain myself very well. Totally different. In my mind I know what I mean but sometimes it's not so easy to write it in a post.

Must be easy to cut and paste what I'm saying. No different than the media who takes what a player says and cuts it and pastes what they want it to say.

Most of my words you didn't include in your repost. Totally taken out of context.

And just for the record. I would definitely like to see us have TWO 2nd round picks to make our secondary better or a starting Rt who can pass block and Rex Grossman as our #2. Our entire team would be better. It's not only about one position on the field. I don't think there is any guarentee right now that Grossman is gone and Cousins returns to the 2013 roster. If Cousins gets trade offers to be in a competition to start and we get Kolb kind of compensation, Cousins won't be our uniform and Grossman will.

Lastly, a player like Boykin or Brandon Taylor " could have" played 1000 plays each this season (including defensive and special teams) vs the 100 that Leribeus and Cousins have played combined all year. So, in my eyes "yeah" they would have had a bigger impact on this team.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Whatever! I don't make baseless statements. I just didn't explain myself very well. Totally different. In my mind I know what I mean but sometimes it's not so easy to write it in a post.

Must be easy to cut and paste what I'm saying. No different than the media who takes what a player says and cuts it and pastes what they want it to say.

Most of my words you didn't include in your repost. Totally taken out of context.

And just for the record. I would definitely like to see us have TWO 2nd round picks to make our secondary better or a starting Rt who can pass block and Rex Grossman as our #2. Our entire team would be better. It's not only about one position on the field. I don't thinly there is any guarentee right now that Grossman is gone and Cousins returns to the 2013 roster. If Cousins gets trade offers to be in a competition to start and we get Kolb kind of compensation, Cousins won't be our uniform and Grossman will.

Lastly, a player like Boykin or Brandon Taylor would have played 1100 plays each this season (including defensive and special teams) vs the 100 that Leribeus and Cousins have played combined all year. So, in my eyes "yeah" they would have had a bigger impact on this team and our victories.

Look, there is no way to predict what any other player would have done on this team vs. what they have done on their team. And its ludicrous to think that way.

I am going to base the judgement of the HC and OC that have decided that Rex Grossman will be inactive and the #3 QB for most of the year as a pretty good judgement call.

I am going to trust that Shanahan had good confidence in Cousins to have him start against a team that was on a streak and a game that we needed to win. And if you honestly say anything to contradict this turtle, then you are just plain silly: But when Cousing hit that TD pass to Hankerson in Cleveland, you were for sure jumping up and down praising that you were glad we had him.

When he hit Pierre Garcon in the endzone against Baltimore and then converted the 2pt conversion, you were probably telling yourself that you're damn glad that we have Cousins.

While I have been critical of the secondary and their abysmal play, I have not once wished that we should have drafted this guy or that guy which would have made us better.

Cousins won 2 crucial games for us this year and has served what he was drafted to do. I dont care about his trade value because right now he is priceless. A rookie QB that was drafted in the 4th round that has the same poise as your franchise QB to come in and win two crucial games for your entire season, that is priceless.

Cousins is untouchable. At least for now. But I really dont think that you were screaming at the TV when Cousins threw that TD to Hankerson in between 3 Cleveland defenders, "DAMN WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED BOYKIN OR TAYLOR INSTEAD OF THIS GUY. WHO IS THIS COUSINS"

There is no guarantee that we get a 2nd rounder for Cousins. There is no way to guarantee that the players we draft with the picks we get would be worth anything. I mean prime example, look at Malcom Kelly, Devin Thomas and Kevin Barnes. 2nd and 3rd round picks and what have they gotten us?

You seriously want to go with the unpredictable and unknown vs. what we all ready know about Cousins? Ill take my chances on what I know.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not just saying I would have drafted this guy or that guy in hindsight. In FFMD and other mock drafts I had us taking these players or Stephenson or Massie. I talked about them at length in the mid rounds. My motto was, "Get the franchise qb, then build he best team you can around them." I don't feel we did that.

And to be totally honest I was jumping up and down when Cousins played well but not for just the reasons that others were. I was happy we were winning with him and my first thoughts were "trade value" to fix our DB problem.

I've said all along I would not trade Cousins if we didn't get a 2nd or more. I know there is no guarantee that we get a pick that high but experts claim it will be so, or more. Based on how Cousins has delivered in the clutch, different than Kolb IMO, I see him getting that. I could be wrong but history tells me otherwise. There has only been one time when Cousins didn't look great when he was out on the football field and that was vs arguably the best team in the NFL in Atlanta. He's going to be worth a lot to teams that don't have anything at qb or have an old guy with nothing behind him.

Lastly, in my eyes we have 1 untouchable on our roster and that's Robert Griffin III. Period

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As many of you know I was always a fan of the Cousins pick in the 4th round. Cousin saved our season with the TD an 2 point in the Baltimore game and the win in the Clevland game. We lose both of those games with Grossman behind center. That being said, we have to seriously look at moving Cousin if we get a offer of a late round 1st or early second. I think its pretty realistic that some teams with QB problems will be taking a hard look at Cousins. The QB position in the draft is very poor....IMO. After Geno, its very thin and he is a project!! Cousins is on a 4th round salary wich means teams are not going to have to give him a Matt Flynn contract! I would hate to see him go because I really like his game, but its a business and you have to strike while the iron is hot!!!
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
As many of you know I was always a fan of the Cousins pick in the 4th round. Cousin saved our season with the TD an 2 point in the Baltimore game and the win in the Clevland game. We lose both of those games with Grossman behind center. That being said, we have to seriously look at moving Cousin if we get a offer of a late round 1st or early second. I think its pretty realistic that some teams with QB problems will be taking a hard look at Cousins. The QB position in the draft is very poor....IMO. After Geno, its very thin and he is a project!! Cousins is on a 4th round salary wich means teams are not going to have to give him a Matt Flynn contract! I would hate to see him go because I really like his game, but its a business and you have to strike while the iron is hot!!!

The only team that I can see making a play for him might be Arizona. The Jets have too many issues at WR and on offense in general. Arizona needs a QB but after Geno Smith, there is a big drop off. Tyler Wilson is not bad, but is not the ready to play franchise. Some have Mike Glennon moving around the first 3 rounds. But he would be a work in progress.

Cousins could be dealt, but I am saying, why would you deal him when you have nothing behind him and are going to have to draft someone ANYWAY to replace him. Doesnt make sense. You know what you have and keep hold of him till you have a 3rd QB that you can groom and you are sure that RGIII has learned how to slide with control of his body.

But this year, I wouldn't deal Cousins. Unless its a Arizona first rounder or somewhere in that range.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

The only team that I can see making a play for him might be Arizona. The Jets have too many issues at WR and on offense in general. Arizona needs a QB but after Geno Smith, there is a big drop off. Tyler Wilson is not bad, but is not the ready to play franchise. Some have Mike Glennon moving around the first 3 rounds. But he would be a work in progress.

Cousins could be dealt, but I am saying, why would you deal him when you have nothing behind him and are going to have to draft someone ANYWAY to replace him. Doesnt make sense. You know what you have and keep hold of him till you have a 3rd QB that you can groom and you are sure that RGIII has learned how to slide with control of his body.

But this year, I wouldn't deal Cousins. Unless its a Arizona first rounder or somewhere in that range.
kansas city, arizona, oakland, Jacksonville, nyj, Minnesota.

All these teams have expensive qbs who aren't living up to their contracts on their roster. They could cut or trade those players absorb the cap hit and get Cousins at a bargain price for a few years before having to give him a new contract. By that time, their old qb should be off the books and they can move forward with Kirk.

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

I'd take a low 1ST, but no way, no how a SECOND.. Two seconds maybe , mid round. He's just too valuable to us to trade unless we're blown away. I was thrilled with the 4th round pick at the time also --
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

I agree we would need to find a replacement.........I have wondered if thats the reason they keep Grossman around! <<<my nightmare!!! I would argue there are more teams that might take a hard look at Cousins!!! Buff, KC, Jax, NYJ, Clev, Tenn, Minn have all missed on QBs in FA and the draft. I think Cousins contract will be most appealing to the teams that have already paid duds!!!! Guys like Vick and Sanchez come with huge price tags! Alot of these teams are cold weather teams, and Cousins played his college ball in cold weather. Vick should be looking for a Dome to play in....IMO!!!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

All these teams have expensive qbs who aren't living up to their contracts on their roster. They could cut or trade those players absorb the cap hit and get Cousins at a bargain price for a few years before having to give him a new contract. By that time, their old qb should be off the books and they can move forward with Kirk.

Oops you beat me to it.....Sorry I basically said the same thing!!!!
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Kansas City is going to take Geno Smith 1st overall. So that is a no.

Oakland still has Carson Palmer, who is not playing bad, he just doesnt have an OL and WR's that can actually catch. Cousins would be a back up for a few years before he started and Oakland would not give up a first for a perennial back up. Besides they are in prime position to pick up arguably the best defensive player in the draft.

Jacksonville may try out Henne, but if they dont they are sure to pick up Jarvis Jones and use the 2nd rounder on Tyler Wilson or Mike Glennon. Or continue to build the defense. Dont really see Jax trading for a QB that is not in the draft.

The Jets are a mess. McElroy may be what they are looking for but we'll see what happens in the last 2 games. I still dont think that the Jets will trade for a QB when they should be able to snag one in the draft. Maybe Ryan Nassib or Aaron Murray. They could reach and take Tyler Wilson with their first rounder if McElroy does not work out.

Minnesota needs WR's more than anything and with them drafting Ponder at 7 overall, I dont think they are ready to give up on him yet. Minnesota would want that 1st rounder and 2nd rounder to get a WR and S.

So the potentials are Arizona and the Jets. Arizona would be the prime candidate. But again, I think they could draft a QB and groom them how they want them, mainly because they took a shot and whiffed on Kolb, don't think they want to go through that again. And Arizona is starting two OT's that are both rookies, Bobbie Massie and Nate Potter as Levi Brown is on IR. Massie has been a mess and Potter has been average but is nowhere near ready to be a starter.

The Jets are just completely a mess. Sending Kirk there would clearly say that you hate the guy. Just about the same as sending him to Oakland.

Might as well keep him unless Arizona is going to give up a 1st rounder, but to me that is highly unlikely.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article about Cousins path to the Redskins, and his outlook now:
http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Cousinss-Path-Prepared-Him-For-NFL-Success/dae2bb2d-0a5e-4f8d-a04e-3673b50f2ac4

Quote:
ďAs Iíve learned, being around the Shanahans is a tremendous place to learn and grow and develop into an NFL quarterback.

Hmmm no mention of Matt LaFleur Laughing ... I guess he is learning alot from the Shanahans after all. And appreciates what they can teach him.

And
Quote:
ďI donít know if thereís a better place I could be, so I feel very comfortable where I am.Ē

Hope his unselfish attitude keeps him here a few years.
When he came in, they didn't have to make drastic adjustments to our Offense. He should be even more comfortable next year
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

No way. To me he is a lot more valuable as a backup than even a late round 1st pick. You said it yourself without him right now we would home looking at mock drafts and hoping we can get some decent picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: