Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

kirk cousins trade value
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not saying we should trade Cousins if we get offers.....I love the fact he is our backup, and think we got him for a steal in the 4th round! That being said, this draft is way low in talent at the QB postion. If Cousins was comming out this year he would be the #2 QB hands down behind Geno. Some could make the argument that he is more NFL ready now. Of course Geno has a better up side!!!! If, and thats a huge if, Cousins plays well the next 2 games and helps get us in the playoffs, Allens phone will be blowing up. Lets not forget is contract is next to nothing comparitivly speaking!
Another point is the kid deserves a chance to play! As much as I love him as our #2, he should get a chance to play somewhere! He is beter now than the Jets, Cardnals, Jags, Eagles, Bills, Cheifs, Dolphins, and Titans QBs, or at the very least has a better upside!!! He should get a shot to play.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Im not saying we should trade Cousins if we get offers.....I love the fact he is our backup, and think we got him for a steal in the 4th round! That being said, this draft is way low in talent at the QB postion. If Cousins was comming out this year he would be the #2 QB hands down behind Geno. Some could make the argument that he is more NFL ready now. Of course Geno has a better up side!!!! If, and thats a huge if, Cousins plays well the next 2 games and helps get us in the playoffs, Allens phone will be blowing up. Lets not forget is contract is next to nothing comparitivly speaking!
Another point is the kid deserves a chance to play! As much as I love him as our #2, he should get a chance to play somewhere! He is beter now than the Jets, Cardnals, Jags, Eagles, Bills, Cheifs, Dolphins, and Titans QBs, or at the very least has a better upside!!! He should get a shot to play.
ehh. I think he'd be the 4th qb taken in this draft if he was in it.

Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkley are worth top 20 picks- possibly top 10.

No matter what draft Cousins was going to be in, he wasn't going to be rated that high.

Realistically- he should have gone in the late 2nd or 3rd of last years draft. I had him pegged there all along.

I do think we got a steal when we selected him. I do like Cousins and was a huge fan of his at msu
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree with you....as usual.....Matt Barkley has Mark Sanchez written all over him. I think he is a product of amazing WRs. He really didnt show me anything in big games. I realize their D wasnt spectacular, but all I see is Leinart and Sanchez. I would much rather have Cousins over Wilson or Barkley, but thats just me!!!!
Sassan11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we stop all these Kirk Cousin value/ Kirk Cousin trade threads. Here is a dose of reality for all of you. We are not trading Cousins anytime soon.

First of all the way our qb plays he takes hits you always need a good back up. Second he is under a cheap contract so your not going to give those away. The only way he gets traded before the final year of his deal is if someone blows us away which is not going to happen.

Look at Kolb when he got traded he got an extension. Eagles traded him knowing that they are going to pay Vick and you don't pay two qbs. So in 3-4 years when he is going to demand a bigger/big contract thats when you trade him. So no Cousins is not going to get trade this year he is not going to get traded next year. Sorry to disappoint you.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Can we stop all these Kirk Cousin value/ Kirk Cousin trade threads. Here is a dose of reality for all of you. We are not trading Cousins anytime soon.

First of all the way our qb plays he takes hits you always need a good back up. Second he is under a cheap contract so your not going to give those away. The only way he gets traded before the final year of his deal is if someone blows us away which is not going to happen.

Look at Kolb when he got traded he got an extension. Eagles traded him knowing that they are going to pay Vick and you don't pay two qbs. So in 3-4 years when he is going to demand a bigger/big contract thats when you trade him. So no Cousins is not going to get trade this year he is not going to get traded next year. Sorry to disappoint you.

Agreed,not to mention Redskins fans are looking like fools to other fans on this forum for being so premature about a qb who hasnt passed the ball more than 11 times. Lock these threads up,please!!!!

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I have to disagree with you....as usual.....Matt Barkley has Mark Sanchez written all over him. I think he is a product of amazing WRs. He really didnt show me anything in big games. I realize their D wasnt spectacular, but all I see is Leinart and Sanchez. I would much rather have Cousins over Wilson or Barkley, but thats just me!!!!
the difference being- Mark Sanchez went 5th.

All I'm saying here is Barkely is a top 20 prospect, possibly going top 15 because he's a qb with 4 years starting experience at USC.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:

no one is making you read them. It's perfectly fair game to have a discussion about it.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

Agreed,not to mention Redskins fans are looking like fools to other fans on this forum for being so premature about a qb who hasnt passed the ball more than 11 times. Lock these threads up,please!!!!
I sure hope it doesn't get locked. It's a good discussion and this team is high draft pick hungry after trading up for Griffin.

If any player is a back up and could garner us a 2nd or late 1st by us trading him away, I'd hope we'd entertain the thought.

We would turn a 4th round pick into a high 2nd or late 1st. Who wouldn't do that?
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three posts four minutes apart all in succession?

As I've said before, the absolute earliest you look at trading Cousins is pre-season 2014. But, he is far more likely to be traded in 2015, if at all. Give the team time to increase his value and find a replacement.

Way too premature to talk about this, maybe in 2014 we can start this discussion but even then that will be looking ahead.

Blknite01's masterpiece
Dro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao.. he has no trade value.. teams would be scared off with the recent transactions.. ie. Kolb,Flynn,Cassel...
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

As I've said before, the absolute earliest you look at trading Cousins is pre-season 2014. But, he is far more likely to be traded in 2015, if at all. Give the team time to increase his value and find a replacement.

Way too premature to talk about this, maybe in 2014 we can start this discussion but even then that will be looking ahead.
dont start this *ish again!

Quit suppressing people from being active on the forum.

I get emails to me like I'm sure some of you do from ff on a topic. Am I not allowed to respond to a poster?

2014 might be to late if he doesn't play in 2013
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

You could have edited your post to include extra information if you wanted to respond to other posts - I do it all the time.

If you develop a good back-up QB by giving him the proper tutelage, and the time needed to develop the mental side of the game, it is never too late to trade him.

The Cards traded for Kolb knowing that Feeley to Miami was not that beneficial. With the new market value for QBs, if you can get a starter for a 1st round pick, particularly a mid-rounder you do it. This was after McNabb was traded (iirc), so it's not like teams did not have plenty of reasons to stay away from a Philly QB.

If Kirk shows well over the next couple of years, would a team in Minnesota's position in 2011 hesitate to trade that selection to the Redskins for a QB developed by Shanahan rather than a QB similar to Ponder?

Blknite01's masterpiece
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

You could have edited your post to include extra information if you wanted to respond to other posts - I do it all the time.

If you develop a good back-up QB by giving him the proper tutelage, and the time needed to develop the mental side of the game, it is never too late to trade him.

The Cards traded for Kolb knowing that Feeley to Miami was not that beneficial. With the new market value for QBs, if you can get a starter for a 1st round pick, particularly a mid-rounder you do it. This was after McNabb was traded (iirc), so it's not like teams did not have plenty of reasons to stay away from a Philly QB.

If Kirk shows well over the next couple of years, would a team in Minnesota's position in 2011 hesitate to trade that selection to the Redskins for a QB developed by Shanahan rather than a QB similar to Ponder?
why create more work for myself?

I'm on my iPhone 95% of the time or on my iPad the other 5%. It's not as easy to cut, paste and edit posts.

It shouldn't even matter. I'm not doing it to pad my post count- I could care less about that. I'm responding to posts as if I was talking in a bar to my buddies and I had three questions being asked to me.

Lighten up. We are here to have fun and discuss redskins, not talk about posters or how they post. Have fun- quit nagging like my mom and gf. Wink
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

I sure hope it doesn't get locked. It's a good discussion and this team is high draft pick hungry after trading up for Griffin.

If any player is a back up and could garner us a 2nd or late 1st by us trading him away, I'd hope we'd entertain the thought.

We would turn a 4th round pick into a high 2nd or late 1st. Who wouldn't do that?

That's really the only debatable point in this whole thread
bowilson11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

That's really the only debatable point in this whole thread
I agree we have to keep all options open. If we are offered a late 1st or early second for Cousins then the FO has to evaluate our roster and what this pick could do to help our team's success. We have glaring needs at FS and CB. London is going to play forever so we need another ILB. RAK and Carriker being out shows that another Pass Rusher is warranted. Our OL has played extremely well to date, but an RT is also a need. I don't feel that the 2013 NFL Draft is QB heavier as the 2012 draft. There are some prospects, but I don't see the Franchise type QBs in this year's draft. FOs might want a QB that has been battled test. Even though Cousins has played a lot, he has played in crunch time situations and performed well. Other than the INT, I think he looked pretty good. The Ravens game situation was pressure packed and he delivered. So, it wouldn't surprise me if a team made an offer for him that we would have to consider taking. Personally, getting an late 1st or early 2nd would give us the chance to draft David Amerson (move him to FS) and maybe package one of our 5th round picks and our 2nd round pick to move up in the second round and grab CB Jordan Poyer or Desmond Trufant. That would be the start of a really good draft for the Redskins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: