Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

kirk cousins trade value
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redskinfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: kirk cousins trade value Reply with quote

after his performance today I have to think some other teams around the league came off impressed with his skill and poise against the ravens in the clutch. since we don't have a first round pick I think we should consider trading him. what do you think he's worth and who would be intersted in him?

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: kirk cousins trade value Reply with quote

redskinfan4life wrote:
after his performance today I have to think some other teams around the league came off impressed with his skill and poise against the ravens in the clutch. since we don't have a first round pick I think we should consider trading him. what do you think he's worth and who would be intersted in him?

Let's be realistically here guys: he's thrown 11 passes this year. No one is giving us anything for a rookie QB who has attempted 11 passes.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he has a good preseason next year, (which i think he will) I could see them trading him for a 2nd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 4th.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
A 4th.

HA--I'm not trading Mrs Cousins little boy for a 4Th!! No way. A top back up with RG3's propensity to run and take hits..He could be invalubale--to us.. A great draft pick in the 4th round..
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: kirk cousins trade value Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
redskinfan4life wrote:

Let's be realistically here guys: he's thrown 11 passes this year. No one is giving us anything for a rookie QB who has attempted 11 passes.

This...

Guys please don't do the thing where we think we can pull an Atlanta or Green Bay with our backup QB.

Right now, the BEST place for Cousins is right where he is. Until he starts seeing significant playing time and plays FULL games, he's not going anywhere via trade.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
If he has a good preseason next year, (which i think he will) I could see them trading him for a 2nd.

Itd be stupid to trade our backup qb for possibly the next 10 seasons for a second round pick.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Itd be stupid to trade our backup qb for possibly the next 10 seasons for a second round pick.

Well, to be honest he may want to actually start somewhere and may walk after his rookie contract in order to get that opportunity. So you must keep that in mind as well.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: kirk cousins trade value Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
redskinfan4life wrote:

This...

Guys please don't do the thing where we think we can pull an Atlanta or Green Bay with our backup QB.

Prior to being traded/walking away:
Kolb = 319 attempts, seven starts
Schaub = 161 attempts, two starts
Flynn = 132 attempts, two starts

Cousins has a long way to go before anyone even thinks of picking up the phone to call us about him.
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Slateman wrote:
A 4th.

HA--I'm not trading Mrs Cousins little boy for a 4Th!! No way. A top back up with RG3's propensity to run and take hits..He could be invalubale--to us.. A great draft pick in the 4th round..

This. I feel a lot more secure with Cousins coming in than Grossman.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

That's not plausible. Cousins was already disappointed when the Redskins drafted him because he really has no future shot to start here so he's going to walk when his rookie deal is up. If he plays well then we deal him before his last season is up but he's valuable right now to this team.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think he is going to start the Clevland and Philly game, so we will be able to find out what he can do! If he has 2 solid games and helps us get in the playoffs, I would think our phone could start ringing... Apart from Geno this draft class is hella weak at QB. I think Cousins would be the # 2 QB behind him in this draft!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Well I think he is going to start the Clevland and Philly game, so we will be able to find out what he can do! If he has 2 solid games and helps us get in the playoffs, I would think our phone could start ringing... Apart from Geno this draft class is hella weak at QB. I think Cousins would be the # 2 QB behind him in this draft!!
i definitely agree and I wouldn't turn down a deal like atl and phi got in return for their young back ups.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really find this hard to fathom, that you guys want to deal away a QB who just won us a game that we needed, in a clutch situation for a hypothetical draft pick??

Why not realize that we have a great back up to Griffin who can possibly get the job done when we need him, ala against the Ravens.

Seriously.

I am glad that we have a competent back up QB that is not named Grossman, Beck, or Campbell.

Byron Leftwich was a starter in Jax and eventually had to take a backseat ride to the Superbowl with Pittsburgh, and they have held on to him since then. I would like to think that we could do the same with Cousins, and not trade him away hoping for a 2nd or 1st round pick, cause his value will never get that high. At most, a 3rd.

But he has thrown 11 passes this year. 11. And all ready we are talking about trading him for a 1st?

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone deeper at QB than us --really .. ?? I actually will feel pretty good next week if we have to start Cousins and have Grossman still as back up.. A real luxury to have Rex as a number 3..experience , quick release.. Yes, we all know he turns the ball over but still to have exprience at #3 is awesome.
AND, I won't be too shocked if RG3 starts against Cleveland.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: