You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Wilson??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Adrian Wilson?? Reply with quote

Having some extra time on my hands I've ventured into team forums I don't normally go to. I ended up in the Cardinal forum and found out Adrian Wilson has played less and less and is expected to be cut or traded in the offseason.

Cardinal fans say he's still a good in the box safety and I thought he'd be a perfect compliment to Harrison Smith. So assuming he's available would you be willing to give up a draft pick for a smart-saavy veteran safety like Wilson. I'd happily give a 3rd.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig

Go Vikings, Badgers, Twins, Wolves, and Wild
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? What is wrong with Mistral Raymond? Why trade a valuable draft pick for a 30+ year old Safety?

Wilson is an in the box Safety and likely doesnt have the range anymore to be a deep halves Safety, this assuming MN is a Cover 2 team going forward.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way I would give a 3rd rounder, for someone who is not getting any time, and is not even productive this year and is a 30+ vet. If traded its more likely for a 6th or 7th.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Why? What is wrong with Mistral Raymond? Why trade a valuable draft pick for a 30+ year old Safety?

Wilson is an in the box Safety and likely doesnt have the range anymore to be a deep halves Safety, this assuming MN is a Cover 2 team going forward.

I'm not a fan at all of Raymond and Sanford should only be a special teams and situational player. Adrian Wilson is the most underrated safety of this past decade his play hasn't dropped off dramatically. I don't doubt that he isn't the coverage guy he used to be but you would think with his expierence he wouldn't be caught out of position nearly as much as Raymond and Sanford are.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig

Go Vikings, Badgers, Twins, Wolves, and Wild
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If his play hasn't dropped off dramatically, why is he playing less?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I'm not a fan at all of Raymond and Sanford should only be a special teams and situational player. Adrian Wilson is the most underrated safety of this past decade his play hasn't dropped off dramatically. I don't doubt that he isn't the coverage guy he used to be but you would think with his expierence he wouldn't be caught out of position nearly as much as Raymond and Sanford are.

But the problem is, Wilson is an in the box Safety and MN rarely plays Cover 3 to take advantage of Wilson's skill set.

I am all for replacing Raymond if the right prospect was available in the draft, however, I dont think replacing Raymond with a player who might have 1 to 2 good years is worthwhile.

Wilson may be underrated but he was always at his best around the LOS and attacking the LOS. He doesnt get to do that in the Cover 2.

I would actually consider bringing in Wilson to be the team's nickel MLB. He could probably cover the "alley" just fine and he is physical so on the rare running play on 3rd down he could probably sniff it out.
Freakout

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fraizer is going no where, at least not for another year, and as long as he is around the Cover-2 will be around. Wilson is simply a bad fit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Wilson in his earlier years, but he is past his prime and wouldn't fit in this defense.

One player to keep an eye on is Panthers LB Jon Beason. Panthers have 4 very good LB and Beason looks to be the odd man out. From what I've gathered from Panthers fans is that Kuechly is cleary better at MLB and will stay there. Thomas Davis is playing at an elite level at the weakside while James Anderson has been consistent at the Sam spot. He has been a little injury prone since entering the league and has a big contract for a guy who will likely be a rotational player. Beason likely won't be released but he could be a trade candidate.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
I loved Wilson in his earlier years, but he is past his prime and wouldn't fit in this defense.

One player to keep an eye on his Panthers LB Jon Beason. Panthers have 4 very good LB and Beason looks to be the odd man out. From what I've gathered from Panthers fans is that Kuechly is cleary better at MLB and will stay there. Thomas Davis is playing at an elite level at the weakside while James Anderson has been consistent at the Sam spot. He has been a little injury prone since entering the league and has a big contract for a guy who will likely be a rotational player. Beason likely won't be released but he could be a trade candidate.

Agreed, I was actually going to try and squeeze him in the middle of my next mock. With his injury concern and high contract, the Panthers really dont need to keep him around. Kuechly is the mLB, Anderson is the SLB and Davis is the WLB. Beason is the odd man out and would be a fantastic fit at MLB. Assuming Beason checks out health wise, he could be a potentially cheap option.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to bring in Beaston. However, in all honesty I would take any of those three linebackers (left out Kuechly).

He does have a huge contract and he's only been healthy for 5 games the last two years. I would trade our 3rd and one of our 4ths for him. Would consider a 2nd as well. When healthy, he's up there Patrick Willis.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Wilson was a great safety, but he doesn't make any sense on a team that is rebuilding.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh, too old.

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Wilson wasn't the most reliable cover safety even in his prime. He became such a fantastic player by being a productive, playmaking in the box defender with range. At this point there's no value. He's only worth something to the Cardinals.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: