Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Sullivan finalist for bears HC job
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Mike Sullivan finalist for bears HC job Reply with quote

No sources yet. Listening to Tampa sports radio on I heart radio. It was a Just in report that sully will have a 2nd interview.

Apparently John McNutly will be Schianos back up plan for OC.

Edit: wdae 620 radio.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave him alone, Chicago! Seriously...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He really has minimal experience, weird that Chicago wants him this bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

He's got the leadership traits and qualities you look for to run a football team. Some giant fans have said he was the future replacement to Tom coughlin.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

He's got the leadership traits and qualities you look for to run a football team. Some giant fans have said he was the future replacement to Tom coughlin.

100% the guy has what it takes, just odd. The guy has a couple years with Eli, one year as a good offensive coordinator, and boom suddenly he can become a head coach of a strong football team. Not quite as quick as Raheem, but still very quick. Good for him if he can pull it off.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, really hope Chicago doesn't take him, I'd hate to have another OC for Freeman.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
Yea, really hope Chicago doesn't take him, I'd hate to have another OC for Freeman.

That really would just be awful. I think it would seal his fate and Freeman would be off our team after next year.

I think it would just be too much to ask to give him a new coordinator and a new offense and then expect him to play well for a contract.

But, on the other hand, a lot of people would be happy to see him go. I would just like to see him get a fair shot before he does.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:

That really would just be awful. I think it would seal his fate and Freeman would be off our team after next year.

I think it would just be too much to ask to give him a new coordinator and a new offense and then expect him to play well for a contract.

But, on the other hand, a lot of people would be happy to see him go. I would just like to see him get a fair shot before he does.

I was actually thinking: maybe Sullivan's offense is too complicated for josh freeman ? Remember schiano wanted McNulty first choice.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
BucsCanesFan6 wrote:

I'm wondering if Sully goes and gets replaced by McNulty if they basically keep the playbook in tact with the same verbage and concepts. The main difference being play calling on gameday. I would be pretty suprised if McNulty brings in an entire new playbook based off of West Coast principles for example.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk I get the feeling their is a very good chance were going to lose Sullivan. Apparently he really impressed the Bears brass. Might be looking for a new OC. Not good.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2468/bears-offense

Quote:
The Chicago Tribune's Vaughn McClure says to "not be surprised if" Marc Trestman is the "last man standing" for the Bears head-coaching vacancy.

Pray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@adamschefter
Quote:
Bears will meet again with Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell and Montreal HC Marc Trestman, first 2 candidates to be identified for 2nd interviews.

Schef only reported these 2 so i would think if Sully was invited back he would know about it too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
@adamschefter
Quote:
Bears will meet again with Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell and Montreal HC Marc Trestman, first 2 candidates to be identified for 2nd interviews.

Schef only reported these 2 so i would think if Sully was invited back he would know about it too.

Schef had no idea we interviewed schiano or chip Kelly.

Not saying I want sully gone but bears are running the same search bucs did. Very tight lipped. I'll feel better when it's over.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get it, he did a above average job running an offense for 1 season and all the sudden teams want him as a HC? 1 year of success??? Thats all it takes now?

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
I dont get it, he did a above average job running an offense for 1 season and all the sudden teams want him as a HC? 1 year of success??? Thats all it takes now?

That's what I was wondering.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: