Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So you want Freeman replaced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RCummingsTBO: Don't look for the Bucs to make much of an attempt to re-sign Josh Freeman this offseason. Likelihood now is they will wait a year, maybe 2
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
@RCummingsTBO: Don't look for the Bucs to make much of an attempt to re-sign Josh Freeman this offseason. Likelihood now is they will wait a year, maybe 2

bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we draft Mike Glennon or Trevor Wilson rd 2.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
I hope we get a new pass defense.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I definitely think we should extend his contract... Is he gonna be a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers? Obviously not but he still has a chance at being "good enough" to get us a championship as long as we build a solid team around him because he's obviously not gonna carry the team.

Give Josh more time with these new weapons and new coaching staff.... well maybe just one more year, and if he sucks next year, go all in on a quarterback in the 2014 draft, and hey maybe we get lucky like Seahawks and get a solid QB that can win us games
Good post
5nick5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

As much as I feel we need a new QB, I agree that the secondary and pass rush take first priority. The QBs in this class are nothing special, no need to reach on one.

Now if Glennon is around in round 3, maybe.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
indifference wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

As much as I feel we need a new QB, I agree that the secondary and pass rush take first priority. The QBs in this class are nothing special, no need to reach on one.

Now if Glennon is around in round 3, maybe.

There has already been talk of Glennon going 1st overall so there is zero chance he lasts until our second never mind our 3rd.

We need defensive players before we start worrying about wasting a pick on a rookie qb.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing a lot of film study, breakdown, and analysis. And recently, a lot of what I've been saying, has begun to hit the surface. However, let's start out with some of the lack of leadership qualities that Josh Freeman does NOT have.

-Bucs released Kellen Winslow because Freeman seemed to "Force" passes his way and had him constantly in his ear.

Look, Schiano made the right call by cutting Winslow. Excellent job. He was a distraction and didn't buy in. But the reasoning that it was because Free was "forcing" him the rock and didn't take command of the huddle, well, that should have been the #1 red flag. Getting rid of Winslow isn't going to get Freeman out of his bad habbits. Every WR and TE will notify a QB, saying, hey I'm open. Blah Blah or throw me the ball. It's part of the QBs job to have the command of the huddle.

Matt Ryan's recent interview:
Per http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80874
:
Quote:
Q: You always talk about how you have a lot of weapons around you in this offense. How do you command the huddle? Because I’m sure you get a lot of ‘Hey, I was open.’

A: That’s not greeted with a good response, usually. (Laughs). I let them know how I feel about certain things. But I think it comes down to trust. I think it comes down to not feeding me some (expletive), basically. Don’t feed me that when you come to the sideline (because) we will be able to see it on film. Also, at the same time there is the right time and a certain place for those kind of things. I think we’ve all done a good job of, ‘All right, I’m not going to badmouth you or anything like that but there is a time and a place for doing those kind of things.’ I think everybody has a good feel for that.

That's a true leader. Notifying WRs, theres a time and a place for discussions, AKA the film room and locker room. Not screaming and yelling on the side line after you throw an INT, oh wait, that Was Josh Freeman we've seen do that time and time again, lose his cool.

Next thing I pulled up has a little to do with both tipping plays and staring down WRs. It pretty much connects to each other because when you watch Freeman, his eyes, head, and vision lever move away from his first read.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80805
Quote:

Quote:
Laurinaitis said. “We felt like we had a good beat on these guys going into the game, and what they were trying to do. They had some tells. So we’ve got to credit the coaches and credit the guys for studying hard.

“There are a lot of tells you can get from teams week to week, this team a little more so. You just know when certain guys are in the game, you think more run. If other guys, think more pass. And they broke some tells. That always happens, teams self-scout, they do tendency breakers. But when they come back to the core of who they are, they go back to those tendencies.”

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80832
Quote:

His decision making is at times ponderous, his accuracy erratic and his chemistry with Mike Williams suggesting something of a turbulent relationship. He threw the ball over 10 yards in the air on 22 occasions yet completed just six of these passes. It was as if he came into the game saying he was going to attack two rookie cornerbacks despite what the coverage was like. His 55.6% completion percentage flattered him and he finds himself in a position where next year is a truly massive year for him.

So, adding two-and-two together, is Freeman now forcing balls to Williams? Notice that, per ProFootballFocus, three of Freeman’s picks were targeted for Williams.

Well, Winslow may be gone, but is Freeman still locked in on certain receivers? Notice Rams middle linebacker James Laurinaitis said the Bucs were tipping off plays.

Is there a way teams have figured out when Freeman is targeting Williams, thus accounting for Freeman’s ugly spike in interceptions?

This is something I've been pointing out on Josh Freeman. Rob Ryan said it week 3: "Take a look at Josh Freeman's first read. It's a tell where he wants to go with the ball, and then his eyes will never look to the other side of the field."

Rob Ryan is right. And that my friends, is why I am a believer that Freeman's little 5 game streak was a fluke, because teams are easily figuring this out. The tape does not lie.

When I was watching his breakout game against the Saints back in week 7, I noticed he was getting away with staring guys down. Take a look at this clip:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap1000000083644/QB-Freeman-to-TE-Clark-3-yd-pass-TD

Notice him stare down Dallas clark the ENTIRE way. Man, that's a lot to ask from your offensive line, don't you think? And it's just not this one play.

I think many want to look at Freeman and say, "he's 24 years old, give him time. The real problem is the atrocious secondary and lack of pass rush." You're right about the defense, but that doesn't mean Josh Freeman is any better. 7 straight drives on Sunday, he gave the ball back to St. Louis, whether it be a 3 and out or INT. That is horrendous.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I've been doing a lot of film study, breakdown, and analysis. And recently, a lot of what I've been saying, has begun to hit the surface. However, let's start out with some of the lack of leadership qualities that Josh Freeman does NOT have.

-Bucs released Kellen Winslow because Freeman seemed to "Force" passes his way and had him constantly in his ear.

Look, Schiano made the right call by cutting Winslow. Excellent job. He was a distraction and didn't buy in. But the reasoning that it was because Free was "forcing" him the rock and didn't take command of the huddle, well, that should have been the #1 red flag. Getting rid of Winslow isn't going to get Freeman out of his bad habbits. Every WR and TE will notify a QB, saying, hey I'm open. Blah Blah or throw me the ball. It's part of the QBs job to have the command of the huddle.

:
Quote:
Q: You always talk about how you have a lot of weapons around you in this offense. How do you command the huddle? Because I’m sure you get a lot of ‘Hey, I was open.’

A: That’s not greeted with a good response, usually. (Laughs). I let them know how I feel about certain things. But I think it comes down to trust. I think it comes down to not feeding me some (expletive), basically. Don’t feed me that when you come to the sideline (because) we will be able to see it on film. Also, at the same time there is the right time and a certain place for those kind of things. I think we’ve all done a good job of, ‘All right, I’m not going to badmouth you or anything like that but there is a time and a place for doing those kind of things.’ I think everybody has a good feel for that.

That's a true leader. Notifying WRs, theres a time and a place for discussions, AKA the film room and locker room. Not screaming and yelling on the side line after you throw an INT, oh wait, that Was Josh Freeman we've seen do that time and time again, lose his cool.

Next thing I pulled up has a little to do with both tipping plays and staring down WRs. It pretty much connects to each other because when you watch Freeman, his eyes, head, and vision lever move away from his first read.

Quote:

Quote:
Laurinaitis said. “We felt like we had a good beat on these guys going into the game, and what they were trying to do. They had some tells. So we’ve got to credit the coaches and credit the guys for studying hard.

“There are a lot of tells you can get from teams week to week, this team a little more so. You just know when certain guys are in the game, you think more run. If other guys, think more pass. And they broke some tells. That always happens, teams self-scout, they do tendency breakers. But when they come back to the core of who they are, they go back to those tendencies.”

Quote:

His decision making is at times ponderous, his accuracy erratic and his chemistry with Mike Williams suggesting something of a turbulent relationship. He threw the ball over 10 yards in the air on 22 occasions yet completed just six of these passes. It was as if he came into the game saying he was going to attack two rookie cornerbacks despite what the coverage was like. His 55.6% completion percentage flattered him and he finds himself in a position where next year is a truly massive year for him.

So, adding two-and-two together, is Freeman now forcing balls to Williams? Notice that, per ProFootballFocus, three of Freeman’s picks were targeted for Williams.

Well, Winslow may be gone, but is Freeman still locked in on certain receivers? Notice Rams middle linebacker James Laurinaitis said the Bucs were tipping off plays.

Is there a way teams have figured out when Freeman is targeting Williams, thus accounting for Freeman’s ugly spike in interceptions?

This is something I've been pointing out on Josh Freeman. Rob Ryan said it week 3: "Take a look at Josh Freeman's first read. It's a tell where he wants to go with the ball, and then his eyes will never look to the other side of the field."

Rob Ryan is right. And that my friends, is why I am a believer that Freeman's little 5 game streak was a fluke, because teams are easily figuring this out. The tape does not lie.

When I was watching his breakout game against the Saints back in week 7, I noticed he was getting away with staring guys down. Take a look at this clip:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap1000000083644/QB-Freeman-to-TE-Clark-3-yd-pass-TD

Notice him stare down Dallas clark the ENTIRE way. Man, that's a lot to ask from your offensive line, don't you think? And it's just not this one play.

I think many want to look at Freeman and say, "he's 24 years old, give him time. The real problem is the atrocious secondary and lack of pass rush." You're right about the defense, but that doesn't mean Josh Freeman is any better. 7 straight drives on Sunday, he gave the ball back to St. Louis, whether it be a 3 and out or INT. That is horrendous.

Solid post, even if I wanted to I'm not sure I could poke many holes in that. I agree, though.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post, kinda covers everything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

I think you are confusing things here a bit. Winslow wasn't released because Freeman forced balls his way, he was released because he didn't buy in. He didn't fall in line with the Schiano way. When he should have been working out with his teammates he was working out in San Diego.

K2 gave an interview in Seattle after he was released mocking Schiano's 'toes on the line' mantra and that tells you pretty much all you need to know. He didn't buy in and he was gone.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
:
Quote:

There is not one cookie cutter way to be a leader. Eli is calm and cool, almost aloof. He just doesn't let his emotions show on the field. Tom Brady on the other hand is very emotional and he tells his players what he expects on the field and on the sideline. Both ways can be effective.

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who is at fault for tipping plays? Are you blaming Freeman for this? Laurinaitis pointed out that we have some tells based on personnel. That speaks to our lack of depth on offense. When Blount is in you know he's not going do anything in the passing game and it's likely a run. When Dallas Clark is in the game he's not going to be a blocker. When Byham is in we are going to run the ball. I don't remember the last time that we ran the ball with Tiquan Underwood in the game. These things are going to happen when your depth isn't well-rounded.

REDandPEWTER wrote:

This is your example for staring a WR down? Really? OK, let's go through the play.

3 WR/1 TE set with Tiquan and Dallas lined up on the right side of the formation. The safety on the left, can't tell who it is, is taking away any inside routes for Jackson on the left and the CB is in press coverage. The Saints are taking Jackson out of the equation so Freeman's first read is going to be on the right side. When the ball is snapped you can see that Underwood is actually the first read. Jenkins jumps Underwood's slant route so Freeman moves to Dallas Clark who is now 1-on-1 against Curtis Lofton. You can see Freeman's eye level jump up to Clark as he runs to the back of the end zone. Freeman waits for Clark to come back over the middle and he lets it go.

Freeman definitely stares down WRs from time to time, but this isn't an example of it.

REDandPEWTER wrote:

I think people look at Freeman and they see that we can win with him. You're right, he has been horrendous down the stretch...but even with this awful stretch he is leading the 13th best offense in the NFL. We can win a lot of games with the 13th best offense in the NFL. We aren't going to do much of anything with this awful secondary and pass rush.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I think you are confusing things here a bit. Winslow wasn't released because Freeman forced balls his way, he was released because he didn't buy in. He didn't fall in line with the Schiano way. When he should have been working out with his teammates he was working out in San Diego.

K2 gave an interview in Seattle after he was released mocking Schiano's 'toes on the line' mantra and that tells you pretty much all you need to know. He didn't buy in and he was gone.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
:
Quote:

There is not one cookie cutter way to be a leader. Eli is calm and cool, almost aloof. He just doesn't let his emotions show on the field. Tom Brady on the other hand is very emotional and he tells his players what he expects on the field and on the sideline. Both ways can be effective.

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who is at fault for tipping plays? Are you blaming Freeman for this? Laurinaitis pointed out that we have some tells based on personnel. That speaks to our lack of depth on offense. When Blount is in you know he's not going do anything in the passing game and it's likely a run. When Dallas Clark is in the game he's not going to be a blocker. When Byham is in we are going to run the ball. I don't remember the last time that we ran the ball with Tiquan Underwood in the game. These things are going to happen when your depth isn't well-rounded.

REDandPEWTER wrote:

This is your example for staring a WR down? Really? OK, let's go through the play.

3 WR/1 TE set with Tiquan and Dallas lined up on the right side of the formation. The safety on the left, can't tell who it is, is taking away any inside routes for Jackson on the left and the CB is in press coverage. The Saints are taking Jackson out of the equation so Freeman's first read is going to be on the right side. When the ball is snapped you can see that Underwood is actually the first read. Jenkins jumps Underwood's slant route so Freeman moves to Dallas Clark who is now 1-on-1 against Curtis Lofton. You can see Freeman's eye level jump up to Clark as he runs to the back of the end zone. Freeman waits for Clark to come back over the middle and he lets it go.

Freeman definitely stares down WRs from time to time, but this isn't an example of it.

REDandPEWTER wrote:

I think people look at Freeman and they see that we can win with him. You're right, he has been horrendous down the stretch...but even with this awful stretch he is leading the 13th best offense in the NFL. We can win a lot of games with the 13th best offense in the NFL. We aren't going to do much of anything with this awful secondary and pass rush.

Time to time? DRD, this is an example video, and no. Watch Clark come from the right and Freemans Eyes follow Clark. His first read is Clark. He watches him come open the entire time. If he doesn't get, IMMACULATE protection on that play, the TD never happens. If the Saints Defense isn't that bad, the TD never happens.

And that was an example. I'm not going to sit here and type out all of Freeman's deficiancies and plays where he stares down WRs, bc I'd be here all week. It's noticiable.

And did you not hear what Rob Ryan said, back in week 3 about Freeman? You're telling me, staring down one side of the field and never looking the other side, isn't a tell? Because Rob Ryan surely exposed that, and now recently, every team is.

Washington Redskins, week 4. Bucs are down 21-19. It's 2nd down. Freeman rolls out and stares down Mike Williams the entire way. Almost throws a pick in double coverage. Could have been a touchdown why? There is Vincent Jackson WIDE OPEN, with a few steps on his man and could have walked in the endzone, forcing the Skins to score a TD and not a FG.

I could continue to go on. Even last week. First INT. Sure Williams falls down, but he looks at Williams the entire way. 2 Rams defendersin the vacinity. Seemed like they were in zone on 3rd and long. Freeman stares down Williams the entire way. Even when he was forced to his right. QBs who have good awareness would see the smart idea, dump it off to the wide open RB in the flat. Maybe make a play on 3rd and 13. Nope. His eyes never leave Williams.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap2000000116338/Rams-defense-INT-TD
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Time to time? DRD, this is an example video, and no. Watch Clark come from the right and Freemans Eyes follow Clark. His first read is Clark. He watches him come open the entire time. If he doesn't get, IMMACULATE protection on that play, the TD never happens. If the Saints Defense isn't that bad, the TD never happens.

And that was an example. I'm not going to sit here and type out all of Freeman's deficiancies and plays where he stares down WRs, bc I'd be here all week. It's noticiable.

And did you not hear what Rob Ryan said, back in week 3 about Freeman? You're telling me, staring down one side of the field and never looking the other side, isn't a tell? Because Rob Ryan surely exposed that, and now recently, every team is.

Washington Redskins, week 4. Bucs are down 21-19. It's 2nd down. Freeman rolls out and stares down Mike Williams the entire way. Almost throws a pick in double coverage. Could have been a touchdown why? There is Vincent Jackson WIDE OPEN, with a few steps on his man and could have walked in the endzone, forcing the Skins to score a TD and not a FG.

I could continue to go on. Even last week. First INT. Sure Williams falls down, but he looks at Williams the entire way. 2 Rams defendersin the vacinity. Seemed like they were in zone on 3rd and long. Freeman stares down Williams the entire way. Even when he was forced to his right. QBs who have good awareness would see the smart idea, dump it off to the wide open RB in the flat. Maybe make a play on 3rd and 13. Nope. His eyes never leave Williams.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap2000000116338/Rams-defense-INT-TD

If you think that Clark is the first and only read then I really don't know what to say to you. You can very clearly see Freeman's eye level change when Jenkins jumps Underwood's slant. When you watch the view from the goalline you can see him come off of Underwood. If Clark wasn't the first read Jenkins would have never jumped Underwood's route. He's staring at Freeman's eyes the whole way, he never even looks at Underwood.

I'm not arguing that he doesn't stare down receivers. He most certainly does, especially when he's under pressure. You just picked a poor example with the Clark TD.

Am I going crazy here? I wish I could post videos of the All-22 film because this is another poor example of Freeman staring a WR down. Freeman's first read on this play is actually Clark. When he moves to Williams he waits WAY too long to throw the back shoulder throw allowing Jenkins to come under it. This interception has absolutely nothing to do with Freeman staring Williams down. Jenkins is in a trail technique and he can't even see what Freeman is looking at. The back shoulder throw is a sight adjustment to Jenkins playing the trail technique. If Freeman throws the ball on time and Williams doesn't slip, this throw is virtually indefensible because Jenkins can't see the throw and is playing with inside leverage. Unfortunately, it didn't go down like that.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I definitely think we should extend his contract... Is he gonna be a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers? Obviously not but he still has a chance at being "good enough" to get us a championship as long as we build a solid team around him because he's obviously not gonna carry the team.

Give Josh more time with these new weapons and new coaching staff.... well maybe just one more year, and if he sucks next year, go all in on a quarterback in the 2014 draft, and hey maybe we get lucky like Seahawks and get a solid QB that can win us games

I think this explains a lot about our fan base. I don't agree with it, but I also understand why our fans feel this way. The BUCs have never been thought of as an ELITE franchise since it's inception. We as BUCs fans don't command a dominant, perennial Super Bowl contender we ask for a competent team that can become a perennial playoff contender.

Us as fans have more to do with the direction of this team than we think. If we support mediocrity we will get just that. The great Franchises like the Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys are forced to make changes to secure their fan base. The fans of the teams mentioned above demand greatness, and won't settle for less.

Loyalty is a great thing, but if the team isn't making great strides to become a Super Bowl contender then are they truly loyal to us?

If we all know that Freeman will never be Peyton, Tom, or Aaron but we continue to support him then we deserve to be where we are at.

Like I said I understand that having a slim chance in the next decade of winning a Super Bowl is a blessing for some Franchises and fan bases (like us) but I think we should demand more of our Franchise.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manilathrilla1 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

I think this explains a lot about our fan base. I don't agree with it, but I also understand why our fans feel this way. The BUCs have never been thought of as an ELITE franchise since it's inception. We as BUCs fans don't command a dominant, perennial Super Bowl contender we ask for a competent team that can become a perennial playoff contender.

Us as fans have more to do with the direction of this team than we think. If we support mediocrity we will get just that. The great Franchises like the Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys are forced to make changes to secure their fan base. The fans of the teams mentioned above demand greatness, and won't settle for less.

Loyalty is a great thing, but if the team isn't making great strides to become a Super Bowl contender then are they truly loyal to us?

If we all know that Freeman will never be Peyton, Tom, or Aaron but we continue to support him then we deserve to be where we are at.

Like I said I understand that having a slim chance in the next decade of winning a Super Bowl is a blessing for some Franchises and fan bases (like us) but I think we should demand more of our Franchise.

A. So can you tell me how us fans have anything to do with what players we keep/sign/draft?

B. What is your alternative solution to keeping Freeman?

C. Supporting Freeman is NOT supporting mediocrity. I mean I even said in that sentence that he can be good enough to win a championship... So how you get that I'm satisfied with mediocrity is baffling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: