Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So you want Freeman replaced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing that needs to be considered: Schiano did not draft Freeman. That was Morris guy. If Schiano's not sure what he has in Freeman and/or his seat starts to get hot, you bet he will pick HIS guy. Schiano publicly is behind freeman but we don't know his true opinion.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Another thing that needs to be considered: Schiano did not draft Freeman. That was Morris guy. If Schiano's not sure what he has in Freeman and/or his seat starts to get hot, you bet he will pick HIS guy. Schiano publicly is behind freeman but we don't know his true opinion.
This is true. I just don't see them replacing Freeman this year with all the holes on the defense. Now lets say, Bucs turn it around and we get the Flacco version of Freeman - you can say goodbye #5.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
This is true. I just don't see them replacing Freeman this year with all the holes on the defense. Now lets say, Bucs turn it around and we get the Flacco version of Freeman - you can say goodbye #5.

How Flacco would be considered an upgrade in my opinion.
haggis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Freeman may have a statline of 25 TDs to 12 INTs, but those are also misleading. He should have more Multiple INT games. But defenses he's faced have seriously dropped about 3-4 a game. Yes, every QB gets the occasional break on easy drops by the DB. But Freeman's gotten away with so many, that I've seen this coming soon.

TML, I'm glad you're on the same page.

this is true on any QB. If the defensive players caught INTs everytime even atom Brady would have 25 of em
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggis wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Freeman may have a statline of 25 TDs to 12 INTs, but those are also misleading. He should have more Multiple INT games. But defenses he's faced have seriously dropped about 3-4 a game. Yes, every QB gets the occasional break on easy drops by the DB. But Freeman's gotten away with so many, that I've seen this coming soon.

TML, I'm glad you're on the same page.

this is true on any QB. If the defensive players caught INTs everytime even atom Brady would have 25 of em

No. Not sure if u are processing what I said. Yes every qb has dropped INTs. It happens. But I watch guys like Brady Roethlisbuerger mannings Brees and they don't throw that many balls into coverage like freeman does. Freeman stares down Wrs consistently. It leads to many DBS jumping routes and reading his eyes.

I've listened to wdea this morning. And mark royals made an excellent point on freeman. He pointed out being a successful qb doesn't mean having the physical tools. 90% of it is between te ears. Josh doesn't process the game fast enough. He sees his first read isn't there or he'll hold the ball to til he comes open. Then fails to see others that are open on the other side of the field. His accuracy is poor along with footwork. And went on to point out his body language as poor leadership. Yelling at guys pointing fingers and blaming others cannot happen.

He's 100% right.
mfw096

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe just maybe we give Freeman an extra season and if things don't pan out then we look at Johnny Football after this coming season Wink
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard Chris Mortensen say he figures Bucs will talk extension with Freeman once the year is over. "Won't be the big payday he wanted", "they will keep him seeing as there is no qbs out there".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Just heard Chris Mortensen say he figures Bucs will talk extension with Freeman once the year is over. "Won't be the big payday he wanted", "they will keep him seeing as there is no qbs out there".
Rolling Eyes
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Rolling Eyes

I actually don't think we extend him. There's no justification to do so.

But he will be our QB next year. We might as well focus on the pass defense this offseason and hope and pray that Freeman somehow becomes a legit QB, because he at least has a better chance of that than us suddenly developing a secondary.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

He's not the only one saying this either.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80827

Quote:
Former Bucs tight end and current Buccaneers Radio Network analyst Anthony Becht said in no uncertain terms yesterday that the Bucs should try to extend Josh Freeman’s contract this offseason.

“The body of work shows he’s a guy we have to keep,” Becht told J.P. Peterson on WDAE-AM 620.

Becht explained that he worked with plenty of quarterbacks in a career that spanned 11 seasons and five teams, and Bucs fans should understand that they could do a lot worse than Freeman.

Becht said the Bucs should offer Freeman second-tier quarterback money.

“If he doesn’t take it, then great. Go prove yourself,” Becht said.

The only incentive would be to lock him into a below market rate deal as he turns things around. I think that Freeman killed his chances for an extension these past two weeks, but if he is extended I would guess that it would be a cap friendly deal (~ $10 mil/year).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

He's not the only one saying this either.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80827

Quote:
Former Bucs tight end and current Buccaneers Radio Network analyst Anthony Becht said in no uncertain terms yesterday that the Bucs should try to extend Josh Freeman’s contract this offseason.

“The body of work shows he’s a guy we have to keep,” Becht told J.P. Peterson on WDAE-AM 620.

Becht explained that he worked with plenty of quarterbacks in a career that spanned 11 seasons and five teams, and Bucs fans should understand that they could do a lot worse than Freeman.

Becht said the Bucs should offer Freeman second-tier quarterback money.

“If he doesn’t take it, then great. Go prove yourself,” Becht said.

The only incentive would be to lock him into a below market rate deal as he turns things around. I think that Freeman killed his chances for an extension these past two weeks, but if he is extended I would guess that it would be a cap friendly deal (~ $10 mil/year).

I agree if we can extent him with somewhere around 8-10 a year, that isn't bad, he's looking to make 8.5 next year anyways and not sure of what bonuses he has. We would be getting to keep him at around the same cost next year and I would imagine that the contract would be very incentive laden with some sort of wiggle room for us, similar to the Wright situation. That is the one thing Dom has impressed me with is that while he does overpay for certain players, he covers us with the lack of signing bonuses and the ability for us to come out without to much damage.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the best thing you can say about your starting quarterback is that "we could do worse", clearly he's not the guy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely think we should extend his contract... Is he gonna be a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers? Obviously not but he still has a chance at being "good enough" to get us a championship as long as we build a solid team around him because he's obviously not gonna carry the team.

Give Josh more time with these new weapons and new coaching staff.... well maybe just one more year, and if he sucks next year, go all in on a quarterback in the 2014 draft, and hey maybe we get lucky like Seahawks and get a solid QB that can win us games
5nick5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
If the best thing you can say about your starting quarterback is that "we could do worse", clearly he's not the guy.

Thank you. We drafted him to be a franchise QB, not an ok QB who's inconsistency will keep us out of the playoffs.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

I've been saying this all along. Thank you. People say would you rather be in te situation of Kansas City, NYJ or Arizona? No. But that doesn't mean I want an inconsistent mediocre starter either. People still say he shows those flashes. Ok but it's year 4, those flashes is something you talk about in year 1.
He needs consistency and progression.

I honestly can't stand listening to wdea. Freeman is never the problem and its annoying. Heck the deumig guy said freeman was better than Andrew luck. I would trade freeman and the next 4 first rounders for that kid. And Indy still wouldn't give him up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: