Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So you want Freeman replaced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Alex smith isn't even in the league of freeman, and josh Johnson is the genesis of a scrub

Alex Smith is actually far more accurate and has made it to a playoff game. I don't believe he's a long-term answer, but he can give a team some success.

He's a game manager that had the luxury of riding the #1 defense and a top-10 run game to the playoffs. He did just enough not to screw up. A QB like that would never succeed here as our team is currently constructed.

Thank you
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it in the game day thread and ill say it again
Trade freeman right now while he's peaking to Arizona for possibly a 1st if not a 2nd and 3rd
And let's draft somebody or sign a vet
Freeman will always hv these deficiencies
They r not something u can solve its just him as a player
I do not want to sign him long term and hv heart attacks week in week out

His accuracy is god awful and that will never change

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Alex smith isn't even in the league of freeman, and josh Johnson is the genesis of a scrub

Alex Smith is actually far more accurate and has made it to a playoff game. I don't believe he's a long-term answer, but he can give a team some success.

He's a game manager that had the luxury of riding the #1 defense and a top-10 run game to the playoffs. He did just enough not to screw up. A QB like that would never succeed here as our team is currently constructed.

He's a better game-manager than Freeman, but I see your point.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike glennon qb bc state. 2nd rd. someone to push / replace freeman.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

He's a better game-manager than Freeman, but I see your point.

Well sure, but that's because Freeman isn't a game manager. If he isn't clicking our offense sputters.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't be replaced because doing so likely throws a season or 2, which will end up getting Schiano and Dominik fired.

Best case scenario is that we give him a short deal and see if he improves, because otherwise we'll be searching for a new coach and GM - and I don't think we should lose Schiano and Dominik. If we let him walk we'll surely have some bad seasons and they'll be axed. If we give him a long term deal, then we are in the same boat as the Jets, sending Sanchez out every week because we showed him the money and we are silly otherwise.

But hypothetically if we give Freeman a short contract, improve the defense to average in that time, and he STILL isn't successful, then look to the draft. There are QBs in the later rounds, like Wilson, Dalton, Kaepernick, Foles, maybe even Mallett. Maybe we'll have a high pick regardless. Maybe we sell out for a QB like the Redskins, I'm sure they don't regret it.

We have a QB friendly system now, IMO. Decent running game, strong starting receivers, capable TEs and FB, and OL. The defense does him no favors, but Freeman has no excuses now. This is who he is.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offensive line was atrocious today. Freeman had very little time if any for majority of the game. Larsen, Meredith, and Dotson were owned all game long. Zuttah even played like crap too. They dominated our OLine just like the past 2 weeks (ATL-DEN) and what happened? Freeman couldn't make enough plays to win.
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I don't like any options too much to be honest..Josh Johnson? Anyone? Laughing

I'll take any QB, especially Freeman, if Jim Harbaugh was the coach. Dude is simply magical with QB's.

Freeman doesn't need to be replaced he just needs some competition.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
The offensive line was atrocious today. Freeman had very little time if any for majority of the game. Larsen, Meredith, and Dotson were owned all game long. Zuttah even played like crap too. They dominated our OLine just like the past 2 weeks (ATL-DEN) and what happened? Freeman couldn't make enough plays to win.

Um wht game were u watching? For a large majority of his drop Baka freeman had a clean pocket. No qb in the nfl will have a clean pokey every drop back. It's how they feel the pressure and pocket awareness. He had a clean pocket most of the time. He just sucks.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:

Um wht game were u watching? For a large majority of his drop Baka freeman had a clean pocket. No qb in the nfl will have a clean pokey every drop back. It's how they feel the pressure and pocket awareness. He had a clean pocket most of the time. He just sucks.
Definitely not in the first half. Dotson was getting owned at will off the edge all game. Freeman sucks yet he is sporting a 91.1 QBR this year. Gotcha
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:

Definitely not in the first half. Dotson was getting owned at will off the edge all game. Freeman sucks yet he is sporting a 91.1 QBR this year. Gotcha

So you're ok with the way he played today, then?
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:

Nah, Freeman played a bad game but he was rattled(due to the poor offensive line) from the beginning of the game and never really got comfortable. I'm not denying he stunk today b/c he did - I just think partial blame should go to his counterparts as well.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:

Nah, Freeman played a bad game but he was rattled(due to the poor offensive line) from the beginning of the game and never really got comfortable. I'm not denying he stunk today b/c he did - I just think partial blame should go to his counterparts as well.

It's been that way for more than a full year of football...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman played bad today, but still put was in the position to win the game, it's hard to believe that people are crying to replace him after the year he is having in a new system and a beat up OL.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny that so many still will blame what's around freeman and not freeman for when he plays bad. If he cannot handle pressure he's not amongst the elite nor a qb that is considered up and coming. His physical tools are elite but everything else is well average or below average.

He shows he's "clutch" against bottom feeders. But put him in a game against a good team and he just crumbles. Heck the eagles aren't even good. He was what 41% of his passes today? For under 200 yds ? Against the eagles who are giving up 76% completed passes and 130+ rating?

He had clean pockets today where I actually saw him step into a sack and then continually to overthrow wide open Wrs.

Pathetic for a "franchise qb".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: